Evidence of prostitution found in Pattaya: Special forces descend on popular Soi 6 bar

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

They don't come for booze and hookers.  Too cheap.  They are at the mall spending real cash.

I think you will find that most are on zero dollar tours and spread out,  blocking the footpath on Beach Road.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, z42 said:

Absolutely farcical. Soi 6 is arguably the naughtiest bar street in the world, and these plastic cops shutting down only 1 bar on the soi and then patting themselves on the back ????

I do hope that other bars close by are unaffected as a lot of the staff will be less able to make the money they need in a safe environment 

On a different note though, good to get the underage girl out though, even though the method was more than a little O.T.T

Z obvious. Thanks for enlightening us...

12 hours ago, BestB said:

Got to love the irony they found one and only 1 bar in the entire Soi 6????

To be fair, they were only looking for prostitution with women.  More than half those bars are filled with ladyboys these days.   At least that is what I hear..????

What Thai officials not want to see or recognize they don't see. As Thailand want to be the hub of everything: Thailand is still the hub of prostitution but it's not on TAT promotion.

14 hours ago, steve73 said:

In other news, local stationary stores have run out of brown envelopes..

I was going to highlight the difference between stationary and stationery, but thought better of it.

I,am shocked fancy that in soi 6,what about  soi 7 or 8 and a few others.who has not be paying the tea  money regular.that,s it I,am not going to pattaya again if this exist in Thailand.i know a good short time hotel up nth that  is available for the locals thais to use.it is a busy place at times

This could be the beginning of the end of Soi 6 as we know it.

There is enough high ranked officials who want to demolish Soi 6 and turn it into something else. 

17 hours ago, z42 said:

Absolutely farcical. Soi 6 is arguably the naughtiest bar street in the world, and these plastic cops shutting down only 1 bar on the soi and then patting themselves on the back ????

I do hope that other bars close by are unaffected as a lot of the staff will be less able to make the money they need in a safe environment 

On a different note though, good to get the underage girl out though, even though the method was more than a little O.T.T

4 hours ago, TheRead said:

You make it sound like this bar really cared for the girls. Money is all they want from them. If you think otherwise your as unimpressive as your post.

You know @TheRead Its the strangest thing, In all the time i spent working for various cooperates and businesses I do not recall a single time my bosses were Genuinely concerned about my well being !

But i can't say i really cared as long as they provided me with a comfortable environment to work in and a good salary...!

17 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

...  it is heartwarming to know that no Farangs were involved in the running of this establishment.

All the farangs did was provide the cash to make it viable. 555

"Coming Bar".  Who comes up with these coy names?  How about "Big Boner Bar & Brothel?"  "Soi 6 Suck"?  "Pattaya Poontang Palace"? Here's a good name, "22 Below".  It refers to the air conditioning temp and the age of the girls. 

Or the "Brown Envelope" - "Where Anything Goes".  BIB approved.  That could be a mini-mall where you could get beer, broads, burgers, bail money, blow and a host of other things.

Edit:  Sorry, but my career was in sales & marketing.  "Find out what the customers want and help them get it" was the mantra. I can't help myself. 

Hmmm.... I remember sitting in a bar in soi 6 watching friendly girls talking with men. I knew that it couldn’t be prostitution so I wondered what it was. And now I know thanks to the Thai police. TIT

13 minutes ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm.... I remember sitting in a bar in soi 6 watching friendly girls talking with men. I knew that it couldn’t be prostitution so I wondered what it was. And now I know thanks to the Thai police. TIT

Back in the day it was cultural exchange.  40+ years ago it was nice to get a warm greeting after sitting in a cold airplane for a day.

Archived