Evidence of prostitution found in Pattaya: Special forces descend on popular Soi 6 bar

Jonathan Fairfield

8 hours ago, BestB said:

Well in that case it makes you an expert on what happens in Pattaya and where Chinese mainly are and what they do 

Do you live in Pattaya?  I did for 3 years and then moved a short ways away because of a change in employment.  I realize anyone can be a criticizer but how about yourself?  Is the incidence of zero tours and Chinese tour groups on Soi Six getting less or more or staying the same based on your personal experience in Pattaya?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Just a few members of the squad uncovered what hundreds of police and top brass had failed to do in Walking Street the other week.

Un-believable.

They busted the Coming Bar in Soi 6 last night. They even found evidence of underage sex.

Un-beliveable

It was found that sex was for sale at the bar that has 18 hostesses. 

Believable.

As you can find in all the other hundreds of bars, karaoke bars, restaurants etc etc etc

or just walk along the street & a freelance will chat with you.

So I've been told.

Its not unusual for cops to chase or hunt down underage girls who have fled from bars and brothels in Pattaya and Bangkok.

Several years ago in the Lumpini area the BIB actually killed a girl fleeing a brothel to make an example of her.

The police brass invest loads of money in Patpong and other red light districts.

Police raids and crackdowns are laughed at by Thais.

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

Do you live in Pattaya?  I did for 3 years and then moved a short ways away because of a change in employment.  I realize anyone can be a criticizer but how about yourself?  Is the incidence of zero tours and Chinese tour groups on Soi Six getting less or more or staying the same based on your personal experience in Pattaya?

My experience of Pattaya is that we are seeing more and more Chinese independent travellers in Pattaya. A proportion are young, middle class, Chinese men for whom Soi 6 is a magnet. There is more than one bar on Soi 6 owned by and catering for this Chinese demographic. The established bar owners are also trying to attract them and, in my opinion may, or even is, resulting in a turf war breaking out.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:
22 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

They busted the Coming Bar in Soi 6 last night. They even found evidence of underage sex.

Un-beliveable

They found 1 girl aged 17. Not unbelievable if she was a plant by one of the other bar owners.

7 hours ago, balo said:

This could be the beginning of the end of Soi 6 as we know it.

There is enough high ranked officials who want to demolish Soi 6 and turn it into something else. 

I doubt it.  Raids like this are nothing new.  Things are already back to normal.

1 hour ago, petemoss said:

My experience of Pattaya is that we are seeing more and more Chinese independent travellers in Pattaya. A proportion are young, middle class, Chinese men for whom Soi 6 is a magnet. There is more than one bar on Soi 6 owned by and catering for this Chinese demographic. The established bar owners are also trying to attract them and, in my opinion may, or even is, resulting in a turf war breaking out.

Makes sense as Chinese are short of women but having said that I'd think there are far better places to go for the discerning Chinese gentleman and websites about it run out of Singapore, bro.  

Its alway been known to me as soi SEX .Not soi 6 . And thats for the last 12 years.. back handers keeps the others thriving.. 

Bad news they employ underage.. the problem is .if they crack down and take away the bars that supply these girls .whats left in pattaya?? 

It is so tiring to see these owners and managers behaving like ego kids and constantly ruining it for themselves and others by setting each other up, violence and more.
Soi 6 and all the others, same mess. No way you would see that kind of behaviour in BKK, at least they have some sense for business / professionalism.

Most if not all bars offer sex!

Paying a bar fine is soliciting for sex making the solicited a prostitute.

Paying a bar fine is normally an accepted method of payment for the buying of a person's body for sexual favours so making it human trafficking, and those concerned quilty.

It is that simple. 

Paying a bar fine is normally an accepted method of payment for the buying of a person's body for sexual favours so making it human trafficking, and those concerned quilty.

It is that simple. 

That's not how it is considered in Thailand. Paying a barfine just compensates the bar for losing their member of staff. What you do with her or him after you leave the bar is nobody's business except yours and the girl's/boy's.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Sonhia said:

It is that simple. 

Paying the bar fine just relieves the person from their job for the day or night...or maybe a shorter time. Sex or "sexual favours" is not included in the bar fine. Maybe they're just going shopping and/or dinner and a movie.

I rode thru soi6 this afternoon and Coming was still closed. But there were plenty of other places open, all staffed by charming tourist greeters. I'm not sure why they were so scantily clad, but then I guess they were getting ready to go to the beach. This might also be a good place to get work as many of these sweet mademoiselles kept asking me if I wanted a job ... or something like that. Seems so friendly there, and perfect for the family.

6 hours ago, Sonhia said:

It is that simple. 

I don't know if you are a male or a female, But you sound just like a Radical Feminist with various unresolved sexual complexes That will do absolutely anything to hurt men, While completely disregarding the grave damage they are doing on the way to less fortunate women.

Very sad indeed..

Archived