Tourists thrown out of Jomtien hotel amid legal dispute

Jonathan Fairfield

Tourists thrown out of Jomtien hotel amid legal dispute

77jowo.jpg

Image:  77Jowo

77jowo reported that tourists were thrown out of a Jomtien hotel after a group of 30 "enforcers" arrived.

Some of the tourists were in their rooms others were eating but were told to get out immediately.

Many had paid months in advance. 

Representatives of the Euro Star Jomtien Beach Hotel, next to the beach on Soi 1 in Jomtien, have complained to the media.

They said that 30 burly enforcers arrived on Friday. Electricity was cut, the CCTV server was ripped out and alcohol and expensive wine was taken away, they claimed. 

77jowo1.jpg

Image: 77Jowo

Staff and guests were unceremoniously evicted.

Then metal sheets were erected to bar the entrances. 

The hotel is involved in a dispute with the owners of the property KM 16 Bang Na Co.Ltd. 

Reports have been made to the Pattaya police over the heavy handed action. 

10 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Reminiscing of the 2003 Bangkok Night Market Illegally Razed in Shock Mafia-Style Raid by Chuwit Kamolvisit henchmen... Nothing has changed..

That was the Soi 10 entertainment area. A little bit different in that serious violence was used by that pimp Chuwit's thugs that left a number of people injured and livelihoods destroyed. But same in that intimidation was used against innocent folk. And of course nothing was done by the useless cops in either case. 

1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:
2 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Funny and strange story but my problem is 

They closed my icecream shop too I love sit eating ice cream there

ah jeez heaven forbid you won't be able to get your 99 in the morning :cheesy:

What you talking about 

Who eat ice cream in morning??? 

This is the ice-cream shop not the restaurant 

1 hour ago, Dexlowe said:

That was the Soi 10 entertainment area. A little bit different in that serious violence was used by that pimp Chuwit's thugs that left a number of people injured and livelihoods destroyed. But same in that intimidation was used against innocent folk. And of course nothing was done by the useless cops in either case. 

"And of course nothing was done by the useless cops in either case". 

What?  Chuvit went to prison for it!

"But same in that intimidation was used against innocent folk".

I'm not necessarily condoning Chuvit's actions (that he paid for) but those people were not "innocent folk", they were illegally occupying the site after their leases were up and refused to leave.

42 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Wasn't a night market it was Soi 10 Plaza which was full of bars and a big new go-go bar up the back.

They had just added another 40 bars a couple of weeks before it was demolished.

Happened at 3am in the morning when 'men-in-black' (likely Police and Army) moved in, stealing everything of value including TV's, booze, pool tables etc. It was very well organised. After they stole all the valuable items the bulldozers came in. 

Owners were not informed at all. 

I saw it in the morning from the BTS returning from a very late one where I ended up in Soi 5.

Chuwit, the gangster and massage parlour tycoon, eventually did time for that and now it is a park... I believe the original plan was another massive five-star hotel, as he already owned several. He had a dispute with the person that he leased the land to, who then sub-let it to the bar owners. 

While we are reminiscing Bangkok was great when there were all those beer bar plazas along Sukhumvit, there was a big one on Asok and even one down Soi Zero as well.

They've killed it now though. 

It's now a night market again, by the look of it.  Not all of it, maybe. I saw it from the Skytrain the other day.

Unbelievable behaviour, people having their holidays destroyed! Once again another example of how this country do not care about tourists. There was plenty of time for the police to get there, they have an office on the beach 100 mtrs. One day it will come crashing down and they will be begging for people to come back. Disgusting!!!!

Its not the first time  that tourists have been  thrown out on the street...I remember  from a few years ago the  "purple hotel that had too many floors"  refused to  remove the floors so a heavy handed mob went in and started smashing the place up with guests still in the rooms  and around the same time a  smaller hotel catering exclusively to Chinese forced to shut down guests evicted.

1 hour ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Wasn't a night market it was Soi 10 Plaza which was full of bars and a big new go-go bar up the back.

They had just added another 40 bars a couple of weeks before it was demolished.

Happened at 3am in the morning when 'men-in-black' (likely Police and Army) moved in, stealing everything of value including TV's, booze, pool tables etc. It was very well organised. After they stole all the valuable items the bulldozers came in. 

Owners were not informed at all. 

I saw it in the morning from the BTS returning from a very late one where I ended up in Soi 5.

Chuwit, the gangster and massage parlour tycoon, eventually did time for that and now it is a park... I believe the original plan was another massive five-star hotel, as he already owned several. He had a dispute with the person that he leased the land to, who then sub-let it to the bar owners. 

While we are reminiscing Bangkok was great when there were all those beer bar plazas along Sukhumvit, there was a big one on Asok and even one down Soi Zero as well.

They've killed it now though. 

Hear Hear! Bangkok used to be the wildest-funnest-craziest all night party you could ever imagine. Even now as time has passed and I'm a bit more settled down, I would love to be able to do a romp like we used to for a now and then. Oh for the olden golden days of the City of Go Go Angels and all-nighters.

Some of the tourists were in their rooms others were eating but were told to get out immediately.

Many had paid months in advance.

Does that mean they have paid for their nights months before they checked in or have they paid for a stay of many months? If it’s the latter, I can’t really believe that. Who stays in a hotel for several months?

3 minutes ago, kandi said:

Does that mean they have paid for their nights months before they checked in or have they paid for a stay of many months? If it’s the latter, I can’t really believe that. Who stays in a hotel for several months?

????

it's totally normal to pay for your hotel when you book it months in advance?? Or at least have a credit card reservation, so in case of no show they can still charge you.

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

What?  Chuvit went to prison for it!

Just to clarify, I meant at the time it was occurring the police were nowhere to be found, even though many people called them. And he only went to prison because he fell out with the cops - I'm sure you remember all of the stories he generated of police corruption.

50 minutes ago, kandi said:

Me!!  Three to be precise!

I really hope that the police/TAT or someone has found these tourists new lodgings and that TAT have taken on the bill.  How on earth can this be allowed to happen ? These poor tourists should cause a big stink international news etc if not. 

Archived