Tourists thrown out of Jomtien hotel amid legal dispute

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, Gandtee said:

This will do the tourist industry some good. Wait till the international press get hold of it. ????

Can happen in the UK...

Been to a few hotels, fortunately most of them can find the money for their overdue Lecy & Gaz bills when a guy with a court warrant turns up with a couple of workmen to remove their meters.

If i understand it correctly, management company has not paid rent or whatever fees to the landlord.

I would have sought court order was needed to evict with some notice given, unless of course management company ignored all the prior warnings

Will be interesting to hear follow up from both sides

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:07 PM, Dexlowe said:

Just to clarify, I meant at the time it was occurring the police were nowhere to be found, even though many people called them. And he only went to prison because he fell out with the cops - I'm sure you remember all of the stories he generated of police corruption.

"And he only went to prison because he fell out with the cops".

Says who?  He went to prison for what he and his henchmen did! 

On 6/25/2019 at 9:58 PM, BestB said:

If i understand it correctly, management company has not paid rent or whatever fees to the landlord.

I would have sought court order was needed to evict with some notice given, unless of course management company ignored all the prior warnings

Will be interesting to hear follow up from both sides

never get follow up stories on here...

The people that came to kick the people, if it where me being told to get out they better have another option as to where I am going to park my butt. Someone might get a big chang across the head.

1 hour ago, pieeyed said:

The people that came to kick the people, if it where me being told to get out they better have another option as to where I am going to park my butt. Someone might get a big chang across the head.

Good luck with that.... I'll bring some grapes!

Whatever, who cares...they will survive, it's not a cancer diagnosis....just go back home or find another country with a white beach where you will be ripped off in some way or another...not that hard to find.  

The people in the picture looks like cheap Russian tourists to me. They probably can't afford to pay for another hotel stay . And no credit cards I suspect, So maybe they can sleep in a tent on the beach, who knows what will happen...

If they paid indirectly probably the people who they booked through are still holding funds.

If they are on organised tours you can bet your bottom dollar that the hotel has not been paid and it will be the tour operators responsibility to alternative accommodation.

I recall eating there years ago, I would say it is about 30 years old, maybe the land lease has expired and the landowners want to redevelop it.

On 6/25/2019 at 3:24 PM, ThomasThBKK said:

????

it's totally normal to pay for your hotel when you book it months in advance?? Or at least have a credit card reservation, so in case of no show they can still charge you.

no, it's not, except for durations not exceeding 2-3 weeks.

10 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Not exactly tourists' fault. Should have provided them alternative accommodation and bill the Euro Star hotel owners. Accepting bookings when you know you're going under is unethical, possibly illegal. I remember airline executives jailed for doing the same.

"billing the EuroStar owners" probably isn't going to work.

from the events, it looks like they don't have enough money to pay the rent for the hotel.

seems like the Thai tourist industry geared towards Westerners is having a very hard time, many places are closing.

2-tiered businesses, i.e. where 2 different parties own the premises and the business, are always the first to go.

Archived