BANGKOK 19 July 2019 23:41
Jonathan Fairfield

Thais warned: If you get a bone stuck in your throat don't suck on a cat's paw!

Thais warned: If you get a bone stuck in your throat don't suck on a cat's paw!

Screen Shot 2562-06-25 at 12.07.00.png

Image: Daily News

Thais have been warned to go to see a doctor if they get a bone stuck in their throats. 

And they have been told not to resort to a traditional remedy - sucking on a cat's paw.

Daily News reported on two cases that were doing the rounds of Thai social media in which people had got fish bones stuck in their throats.

"Dee Song Teh" reported the saga of her mum's fish bone getting well wishes from many people on Monday after reporting that it was now out. 

But Phee Ut Sai Pheuak" advised people to go to the doctor and not believe an old wives' take about putting a cat's paw in your mouth to solve matters. 

Daily News said that cats' paws were dirty because felines use them to clean themselves. People might even need rabies shots after stuffing them down their throats. 

Be warned!

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-25
  • Haha 2

Yes that is good advice for Thais. 

Also I would suggest not putting your foot in your mouth so often. But of course this takes education. (I think)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i think the translators a bit off, the cat massages the outside of ur throat with its paw, you dont suck on it lol

14 minutes ago, BigT73 said:

i think the translators a bit off, the cat massages the outside of ur throat with its paw, you dont suck on it lol

อมตีนแมว om teen maew - suck on a cat's paw. 

I find massaging the outside of the throat to be highly ineffective by comparison. 

Rooster

18 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I think that it is the sucking action that is seen as something that draws out the fish bones. However, I can think of something much more entertaining to suck on and it brings relief to two people at the same time.  

Are you referring to the two ends of a snake? No way - I'd probably get the head.

Rooster

• Haha 2

I am sitting here, after reading this, shaking my head in disbelief, and laughing, have to now forward it to all friends overseas.

• Like 2