German expat demands officials do something about noisey swallows

18 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

He said that the birds shouldn't be allowed to nest in a building in a residential area.

I'm sure back home in Germany the have "exterminators" for such issues, maybe if Thailand is so bad it's something he should consider?

They are called earplugs.    Next

We have 3 of them within 700 feet of our place.   I have made peace with them knowing that each bird eats its weight in mosquitoes and flies each day.    They only make noise from sunrise to just after sunset.   So night time is quiet.

31 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I'm sure back home in Germany the have "exterminators" for such issues, maybe if Thailand is so bad it's something he should consider?

You have misread the article, we are talking here about commercial bird farming. Its the latest "new" thing they set up empty houses and put in bird calling noises to have birds nest there at the thousands and then take away their nests to sell. 

So close those farms and the problem is gone.

5 hours ago, samuttodd said:

They are called earplugs.    Next

We have 3 of them within 700 feet of our place.   I have made peace with them knowing that each bird eats its weight in mosquitoes and flies each day.    They only make noise from sunrise to just after sunset.   So night time is quiet.

Ain't life in Thailand wonderful. Only 12h of day noisy as hell.

On 6/25/2019 at 8:38 AM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Neighbors had complained to the government watchdog Damrongtham about the noises at night used to attract the birds and the smell from polluted water that came from the building.

Yesterday morning Saengpratheep Khunathimaphan from Damrongtham led a group of military, police, environmentalists and animal experts to the property in Soi Ran "Big Phone".

So it was the neighbours as a whole who complained and led the police to the house. 

Not just the German man...

• 1 month later...

Hello,

very amusing story..I am half German myself btw.(other half is Dutch as my mom was Dutch).and i think my fellow country man is a bit ridiculous. The birds are part of the nature imho. He should relax..and drink a cool beer. Very overreacted from him...typicaly German.

I am first time Thailandgoer end of August..have a chinese GF there. If anyone.(german or non German ) want meet up for a cold beer pls PM me. I speak Englisch..alas no Thai.

best regards

Hans (yes thats real name..hahahah)

Archived