Can you track USPS in Thailand

kingstonkid

Providing the shipper pays for a tracked Air Mail service, you will be able to track on both USPS website and Thai Post website. Make sure the shipper confirms that they will send by tracked Air Mail service.  Service is very reliable.  USPS website can even send email updates every time your package moves through the postal network, including Thailand.

Yes, once parcel reaches the border someone shouts from the top of a hill to the next guy at the top of a hill, then he shouts to the next guy at t.......you get the gist......and so on until it reaches your city ????

I am waiting for a package to arrive sent using USPS .

I received an update Monday saying " Your package is on its way it has arrived in Thailand and has been cleared by customs " .

I received another update today saying " There has been a flight delay , your package may be late ".

Considering Swampy is my nearest airport , makes me wonder where in hell it is going to on another flight.

Just as an addition , my tracking number has 7 letters and 10 numbers in it , so Thai EMS tracking does not work.

Edited by NE1

2 hours ago, NE1 said:

I am waiting for a package to arrive sent using USPS .

I received an update Monday saying " Your package is on its way it has arrived in Thailand and has been cleared by customs " .

I received another update today saying " There has been a flight delay , your package may be late ".

Considering Swampy is my nearest airport , makes me wonder where in hell it is going to on another flight.

Just as an addition , my tracking number has 7 letters and 10 numbers in it , so Thai EMS tracking does not work.

If you sent the package via EMS from the states, it won't be delivered to you, final destination with be your local customs house, where taxes will be assessed. Your USPS tracking will show delivered. Thaipost will notify you when the parcel has cleared, what is due and where to pick it up. When I was living in Chiang rai that was Mearim in Chiangmai. The higher the shipping method, the more scrutiny your stuff gets. 

It is only 500 baht . It wasn't USPS it was UPS I-Parcel .

They told me it has cleared customs in Thailand but the flight was delayed for the next leg of the journey. 

Like I said , I don't know where they are flying it to as I live nearer to Bkk airport then any other airport.

If you sent the package via EMS from the states, it won't be delivered to you, final destination with be your local customs house, where taxes will be assessed. Your USPS tracking will show delivered. Thaipost will notify you when the parcel has cleared, what is due and where to pick it up. When I was living in Chiang rai that was Mearim in Chiangmai. The higher the shipping method, the more scrutiny your stuff gets. 

Well, this isn’t the norm.

For the past few years I have been using EMS and USPS to buy things from Europe and The US. The value is around a few hundred dollars.

The goods are processed through customs and taken to the post office, where you receive a note from the local postman advising of duty payment.

I am not too sure what level of post office they are sent to as the regional / city post office is the closest to me. Being stored at the local customs house may have been the case a few years ago, but not these days.
UPS deliveries go through customs but he guy will come to your house and collect the money in delivery, to the tune of the bill on the top of the parcel. They will usually call first.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It is only 500 baht . It wasn't USPS it was UPS I-Parcel .

They told me it has cleared customs in Thailand but the flight was delayed for the next leg of the journey. 

Like I said , I don't know where they are flying it to as I live nearer to Bkk airport then any other airport.

Just give it some time, I have parcels like this, they say missed flight or attempted delivery (when I have been at home all day) .. it will come. There is a weird system, where it goes from the plane to customs and then back to laksi National sorting centre or something.

Alternatively go to the post office (a bigger one where they deal with EMS deliveries and the like) and ask them to look into it, they won’t turn you away, they can be really helpful and make some phone calls. The post is quite advanced here, you can still pull stunts that would be impossible in the West.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Alternatively go to the post office (a bigger one where they deal with EMS deliveries and the like) and ask them to look into it, they won’t turn you away, they can be really helpful and make some phone calls. The post is quite advanced here, you can still pull stunts that would be impossible in the West.

recom273. I am afraid the last time we went to our main post office to ask why no mail of any sort ( TOT , True Visions etc. ) had been delivered to our house for two months ,  they give us the phone number of the local postman . My Mrs. told them that she had already spoke to him and he had delivered all the mail given to him. So the guy at the post office said , we needed to get onto the people who supposedly sent the mail to check that it was actually sent.

That was the full extent of the help we got from them.

20 hours ago, recom273 said:

I am not too sure what level of post office they are sent to as the regional / city post office is the closest to me. Being stored at the local customs house may have been the case a few years ago, but not these days. 

It still is the case for some values of packages, about 6 months ago €300, sent to the NongKai customs house for me to collect and pay, a 200km round trip.

It still is the case for some values of packages, about 6 months ago €300, sent to the NongKai customs house for me to collect and pay, a 200km round trip.

That’s crazy, maybe it’s a regional thing, maybe I’m lucky. I live about 10 mins from the Hat Yai head post office, if I need to pay duty, i go to the EMS office. I usually track parcels and the Thai post website will tell me the parcel is waiting there for excess payment before the postman delivers the paperwork.

Maybe this is the customs house, but if it is, its just a cupboard.

I have had gear of value over 300 euro / 10,000 thb held there. It I have had gear of that value from USPS delivered to my door with no duty. Even when I paid duty, the most I have paid is 450B, I have had so many good experiences with this route, I don’t hesitate to order.

recom273. I am afraid the last time we went to our main post office to ask why no mail of any sort ( TOT , True Visions etc. ) had been delivered to our house for two months ,  they give us the phone number of the local postman . My Mrs. told them that she had already spoke to him and he had delivered all the mail given to him. So the guy at the post office said , we needed to get onto the people who supposedly sent the mail to check that it was actually sent.
That was the full extent of the help we got from them.

I’m sorry to hear that, I have nothing but good things to say about our place.

They have bent over backwards and made calls to track down errant parcels, saying that they would have probably made it to me a day or two later anyway.

Other times, I was waiting on bike parts, I was in a hurry to fit, as I was due to shoot off on a long trip the next day, they called the delivery guy and I chased across town and caught up with him on the side of the road. Imagine that in the UK, not possible.

Whenever I go there, there will be a couple of guys stop workingm come to the bike and ask me where I’m heading off to next or fascinated by a GPS mounted on a bike.

• Like 1