Can anyone tell me what Siam Commercial Bank's (SCB) bank code is for the coveted "Foreign Money Deposit" now required by Thai Immigration

On 6/27/2019 at 4:32 PM, Mel52 said:

You can get it through your online banking but I always get my bank statements and credit advices from my local SCB branch

First of all Mel52 thank you for all the time and effort you have spent to help me ... I apologize for being as dumb as a box of rocks but what is/are "credit advices" and can you post a copy(redacted of course) of a "credit advice" ... the reason I'm asking all these questions is that I live in a very small town/area and the SCB bank here may not be used to or know anything about what is needed by Thai Immigration ... I want to be totally prepared when I ask my SCB branch to help in my meeting all of Thai Immigrations requirements. I have a feeling I will need to politely and diplomatically educate them as to why and how this is done. Information and examples will probably be the difference in whether or not my SCB branch will supply me with the needed documents

I would also like to take this opportunity to ask someone for a copy(redacted) of the Thai Immigration's required SCB bank letter that consolidates and shows all the deposits for a year

Many thanks to all that have and will help/contribute to my knowledge base so that I may meet TI's requirements

First of all Mel52 thank you for all the time and effort you have spent to help me ... I apologize for being as dumb as a box of rocks but what is/are "credit advices" and can you post a copy(redacted of course) of a "credit advice" ... the reason I'm asking all these questions is that I live in a very small town/area and the SCB bank here may not be used to or know anything about what is needed by Thai Immigration ... I want to be totally prepared when I ask my SCB branch to help in my meeting all of Thai Immigrations requirements. I have a feeling I will need to politely and diplomatically educate them as to why and how this is done. Information and examples will probably be the difference in whether or not my SCB branch will supply me with the needed documents

I would also like to take this opportunity to ask someone for a copy(redacted) of the Thai Immigration's required SCB bank letter that consolidates and shows all the deposits for a year
Many thanks to all that have and will help/contribute to my knowledge base so that I may meet TI's requirements

Asking for the credit advice is sort of an unusual request for them so you just have to explain as best you can that you want the credit advice for your last deposit that went into your account or I don’t know maybe for each deposit from every previous month as well. If they don’t understand ask them for the document that verifies where your last deposit originated from tell them it’s called a credit advice they’ll figure it out but your right it might take a little bit of communication to help them figure out what you want. You may not even need the credit advices at immigration anyway but they’re a good thing to have for your own records if you have money coming into your SCB account from abroad and if they do need additional information about your deposits at immigration then you’ll have them. Get your bank statements printed as well and be sure and keep your pass books updated. The credit advice has a lot of extremely personal information on it I’d like to send you a redacted copy but I don’t have any white out on me at the moment or access to a copy machine right this moment. I’d have to go to the copy shop downtown to do that for you. At SCB they actually call it Advice of Credit more specifically. It might take some careful explaining but they’ll figure out what you want. If it’s a language barrier issue bring someone with you who speaks Thai then once you get your first credit advice every month after that just show them the credit advice document they gave you the previous month every time you receive your deposit every month. I could maybe send you a picture of the top heading of one of mine later on when I get home.

Man I’m sorry I might be out late tonight if you would like me to send you a redacted copy of what an advice of credit from SCB looks like then send me a private message and I will get back to you and try and send it to you in the morning or something. I pull copies of my credit advices at the bank every payday at least one business day after I get paid. I use the international direct deposit program for my monthly pension payments. Just send me a PM I’ll get back to you

6 hours ago, carken said:

...I would also like to take this opportunity to ask someone for a copy(redacted) of the Thai Immigration's required SCB bank letter that consolidates and shows all the deposits for a year

My last inward transfer from abroad to my SCB account was in January 2007 and I got the "ADVICE FOR CUSTOMER - INWARD TRANSFER" as shown below for it. The name of this type of document and the layout may have changed since then.

SCB advice inward transfer 1028 - pixelated.tif  TIF file

SCB advice inward transfer 1028 - pixelated.gif

Edited by Maestro
Added the image also in PNG format after seeing that I could not display the TIF image on my phone with the mobile browser

My last inward transfer from abroad to my SCB account was in January 2007 and I got the "ADVICE FOR CUSTOMER - INWARD TRANSFER" as shown below for it. The name of this type of document and the layout may have changed since then.

192075030_SCBadviceinwardtransfer1028-pixelated.thumb.gif.1c9aaf1d5606c7327df11eb2635cc2c8.gif&key=40effab9bae2ab02c4ec932840f97e17f4610203dff882e5cc6a0a7c735db3d3

Yes that’s exactly what it looks like. At SCB they call it Advice of Credit for customer at Bangkok Bank they call it the credit advice they’re both the same thing. The way the credit advice reads just depends on how you’re making your deposits. Mine are a lot more specific now that I’m using the international direct deposit program.

I noticed the heading of yours just says “advice for customer” mine say “Advice of Credit for customer” but it is the same document I can tell that’s odd. Maybe your branch is just a little different I don’t know these come from their head office so I would think they’d all be the same. Maybe just their computer or something at your branch I don’t know but it definitely looks like the right document.

Regardless that’s definitely the advice of credit from SCB and it’s exactly the right document and exactly what he was asking for. He asked me for a redacted copy but I’m glad you beat me to it because it would have taken me a little time and trouble to redact one of mine so thanks.

When I was there getting money from the UK came with various codes, I think it depends which channel is used when it gets to BKK, by the way SCB and all banks don't always do what Immigration wants from you, your problem it seems, too difficult to have a seamless system. These attachments from the SCB website may help.1893665067_Screenshot(156).png.499ed2e85fbb0f5977f9b8273670a85b.png

Screenshot (155).png

192075030_SCBadviceinwardtransfer1028-pixelated.thumb.gif.1c9aaf1d5606c7327df11eb2635cc2c8.gif

Oh duh no wonder my bad I just read in your post that your copy of your advice of credit is from January 2007 so no wonder it looks slightly different than all of mine just a little bit different but not that much different. Because your copy is pretty old but it’s ok I definitely recognize it I can definitely still tell that it’s the right document. And he can print the redacted copy of the advice of credit that you posted and if he shows that what you posted to his local SCB branch then they should know and understand exactly what he wants. All of my credit advices from SCB from this year reads on the heading “Advice of Credit for customer” yours is probably just a bit different since it’s from 2007 but it’s definitely the correct document I can tell. If he shows that to his local SCB branch he’ll still have to do a little explaining but they should fully understand what he wants this is exactly what he needs to show his SCB branch to help them understand what he’s asking for.

That’s exactly how I do it every month if the bank teller at my local SCB branch doesn’t understand me I just show them my Advice of Credit from the previous month and tell them that I need one of these for my current months international deposit and then they know exactly what I want and they just print it out for me. I’ve been doing it for so long now that whenever I walk into my local SCB branch always once a month most of the tellers there already know what I’m going to ask for which is always updating my pass book first, a copy of my current months Advice of Credit for my current months international deposit, and my bank statement. If they don’t understand I just show them my paperwork from the previous month and tell them “I need this for this month” and then they know pretty quick.

But the first time you ask for it sometimes it is hard to make them understand what you are asking for whether you speak the language or not. The first time I asked for it I had no idea what it was even called so I just asked “can I please get a print out of a document that verifies where my transfer originated from?” and luckily I had a teller who knew exactly what I was asking for. So the first time I asked for my credit advice it was a lot of trial and error but I figured it out on my own. Now every month after payday it’s easy I just show them my advice of credit from the last month and I just tell them I need one for the current months international deposit and they know. So this redacted document should be a great help to him who was asking for it.

Now I don’t do wire transfers anymore now I use the international direct deposit program through the VA, I’m retired military and a 100% disabled veteran so that’s not a bad pension at all it’s a lot more than I expected to receive before I retired. I just thought I’d only receive my military retirement pay but I got med boarded as well after 21 years of service and I received a 100% Disability rating from the VA which is a nice pension payment alone. So now my VA pension payments go directly to my SCB account every month and I save my military retirement pay in our bank in the states. We save my wife’s Social Security in our bank in the states as well. In fact I should be paid again tomorrow morning tomorrow is payday. Last month my direct deposit hit my SCB account really fast first thing in the morning at least 8 hours earlier than it did in the states so that new Treasury Department international Direct deposit program works really well.

Thanks for posting that now a lot of people who probably wasn’t aware of these will know that they are available. I’ve been pulling mine every month after payday since December last year.

For example I just got paid this morning via international direct deposit to my SCB account approximately 100,000 baht just for my VA pension alone. (Not including my military retirement pay and my wife’s Social Security that goes into our United States bank account) Then tomorrow sometime I’ll go to the bank (my local SCB branch) and update my pass book, have my Advice of Credit printed out for this month, and have my bank statement printed out for this month.

I wait till the day after payday to do those 3 things at my local SCB branch because they can’t print my credit advice and bank statement until the day after I get paid because it comes from their head office. If I went to the bank today they would only be able to update my pass book today. My Advice of Credit and bank statement for today’s payday for this month will not be ready until tomorrow. So tomorrow I will go do all 3 in one trip to the bank update pass book, have them print out my Advice of Credit for today’s payday for this month, and have them print my bank statement as well. Tomorrow those documents will be ready and available to verify my pension payment from today it’s just the bank cycle everything always takes at least one business day with banks. But I did get paid this morning via international direct deposit directly into my SCB account.

Just keep that in mind when you pull your Advice of Credit and bank statements at SCB or really any Thai bank, when you go to the bank to pull a copy of your current months Advice of Credit and or bank statement be sure and do it the next business day AFTER payday or whenever your wire transfer posts depending on how you receive your funds so it’ll be ready when you go. They can’t access your current credit advice or current bank statements on a weekend or holiday either because their head office is closed on weekends and Thai holidays. So be sure and do it the next business day after payday.

For example if you received your funds in your Thai bank account on a Friday go pull your Advice of Credit on Monday and if Monday is a holiday do it on Tuesday and only then will it be available. I actually learned that last month at my local SCB branch because last month payday was on a Friday and that Monday was a Thai holiday last month so I had to wait till Tuesday to pull my Advice of Credit and bank statement at my local SCB branch. This month payday for me was today Monday morning so I can get my monthly paperwork at my local SCB branch tomorrow and I’ll update my pass book as well as have them print my current Advice of Credit and bank statement for today’s payday for this month. That’s how it works just so you know and are not surprised if you can’t get it the same day you received your funds.

Yes that’s exactly what it looks like. At SCB they call it Advice of Credit for customer at Bangkok Bank they call it the credit advice they’re both the same thing. The way the credit advice reads just depends on how you’re making your deposits. Mine are a lot more specific now that I’m using the international direct deposit program.

I noticed the heading of yours just says “advice for customer” mine say “Advice of Credit for customer” but it is the same document I can tell that’s odd. Maybe your branch is just a little different I don’t know these come from their head office so I would think they’d all be the same. Maybe just their computer or something at your branch I don’t know but it definitely looks like the right document.

I updated my pass book, and I had them print a copy of my bank statement and Credit Advice today for yesterday’s payday for this month. And the heading of my credit advice at SCB actually does still say “Advice for Customer” just like the older copy posted above so I stand corrected on that one little thing. At Bangkok Bank they are called the “credit advice”, at SCB it’s called the “Advice for Customer” both of which are exactly the same thing just titled different at different banks is all.

I updated my pass book, and I had them print a copy of my bank statement and Credit Advice today for yesterday’s payday for this month. And the heading of my credit advice at SCB actually does still say “Advice for Customer” just like the older copy posted above so I stand corrected on that one little thing. At Bangkok Bank they are called the “credit advice”, at SCB it’s called the “Advice for Customer” both of which are exactly the same thing just titled different at different banks is all.

Refer to the redacted copy above and use that one for an example because it’s perfect.