bus from ekkamai to pattaya

pete66

If I get a bus from ekkamai station to pattaya in daytime, what are chances of police stopping the bus to check documents? I have a Thai driving licence I carry with me all times. I really don't like taking my passport unless really necessary. I lost it once in a taxi, led to three months of total horror.

1 hour ago, pete66 said:

what are chances of police stopping the bus to check documents?

I would think quite low.

1 hour ago, pete66 said:

I really don't like taking my passport

Best to take it if  going any distance/time away from home/base....as sometimes they wont let you go get it and "someone" will have to bring it to where ever they are holding you.

Also, you will need a passport to check into a hotel so they can report you online to immigration. Used to be you could use the driver's licence, but some recent experiences prove that licences are no longer acceptable.

And banks and currency exchanges require a passport. I always take mine with me.

On 6/25/2019 at 2:30 PM, pete66 said:

If I get a bus from ekkamai station to pattaya in daytime, what are chances of police stopping the bus to check documents?

Practically zero. Though some years ago police would periodically check passengers disembarking at ekammai, not sure if this happens in recent times as I get off higher up Sukhumvit. If you're staying in a hotel in Pattaya, you'll need your passport to check in these days. 

Archived