Teenager dies after motorbike collision in Chonburi – VIDEO

Jonathan Fairfield

Teenager dies after motorbike collision in Chonburi – VIDEO

By The Thaiger

ti1.jpg

VIDEO: Padung Klahran / Pattaya Message PHOTOS: Pattaya Message

A teenager has died after a motorbike accident in Chonburi.

Pattaya Message reports that a Facebook user, Padung Klahran, yesterday posted a video clip from a dash cam which shows the motorbike driver losing control of his bike before colliding with barriers.

The accident happened in Banglamung, Chonburi on Sunday. The motorbike driver was 16 year old Chaiwat Banglueang.  He was pronounced dead a the scene due to serious head injuries.

Source: https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/teenager-dies-after-motorbike-collision-in-chonburi-video

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-06-25

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

2 hours ago, petedk said:

What amazes me is that no one actually went to look at the poor kid to check his injuries in any way. I guess they just assumed he was dead.

'Serious head injuries". By the looks of the one who went to look and was waving his hands in a "gone" kind of way, the noggin was probably cracked open.

Not sure what could have caused this, maybe a sudden blow out on the rear tire perhaps,   we used to get something like that back when we all had Bonnevilles and Gold Stars but it was called a speed wobble, the bikes had a damper on the steerer tube to stop it if I remember correctly. 

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

Not sure what could have caused this, maybe a sudden blow out on the rear tire perhaps,   we used to get something like that back when we all had Bonnevilles and Gold Stars but it was called a speed wobble, the bikes had a damper on the steerer tube to stop it if I remember correctly. 

may be breaking hard and the same time trying to change direction at high speed - causing instability

14 hours ago, petedk said:

What amazes me is that no one actually went to look at the poor kid to check his injuries in any way. I guess they just assumed he was dead.

I suspect that was beyond doubt, the guy soon turned away. Hard to see exactly what the problem was as he was already out of control and appeared to be braking too hard when he came in view. 

More will die needlessly as the authorities and public ignore the chaos on Thai Roads. Thepprasit Road and Thrappaya Road in Pattaya is a raceway for these idiots on bikes. Nary a radar to be seen. Just a matter of time before another deadly crash.

Agreed, unlucky.

Looks like he may have hit some dirt on the edge of the road, same as most roads have here.  Inexperience led to panic braking, and unlucky enough to hit a safety barrier with no flexibility, turning a normal spill into a fatal one.

So sad to see, and so young.

18 hours ago, petedk said:

Someone appears to be checking him near the end of the video. RIP young man. 

30 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Don't you just love the way all those vehicles just drive round the body and carry on.

What would you want them all to do? All stop and block the road therefore emergency vehicles can’t get to the injured? 

33 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

What would you want them all to do? All stop and block the road therefore emergency vehicles can’t get to the injured? 

Where I come from people would stop to see if they could offer any help, even if only to direct traffic round the person laying in the road. I doubt that would block the entire road to all traffic, including emergency vehicles which might come from the other direction anyway.

1 hour ago, Mukdahanman said:

Agreed, unlucky.

Looks like he may have hit some dirt on the edge of the road, same as most roads have here.  Inexperience led to panic braking, and unlucky enough to hit a safety barrier with no flexibility, turning a normal spill into a fatal one.

So sad to see, and so young.

Play the vid in full screen,possible he hit dirt before coming to view on cam but I looked at cam befroe he showed up didn't see anything in road he could have hit but looked like front tire was warped . Maybe from puncture/blowout. Sad anyway RIP

Bangkok Barry, to be pedantic they were driving around the motorbike, the fatality is on the tight of the image after heavy contact with the concrete barriers, i was a keen motorcyclist until i came to LOS and i was constantly reminded that its not the falling of that kills you its the sudden stop in this case with a concrete barrier. As a footnote we can all now see the benefit of a dashcam had that been a non thai witnessing the event it could have been a different investigation and blame,  just thinking out loud.

3 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Play the vid in full screen,possible he hit dirt before coming to view on cam but I looked at cam befroe he showed up didn't see anything in road he could have hit but looked like front tire was warped . Maybe from puncture/blowout. Sad anyway RIP

There were roadworks and I have seen many times where a lip of new tarmac exists and it can take your back wheel off in another direction. Beware the Sukhumvit end of Hwy 36 right now.... 

The randomly spaced concrete barricades didn't help his chances of survival. 

I'm sure being installed like this is a disaster waiting to happen and defeats the purpose of an effective barrier between different directional traffic

On 6/25/2019 at 4:16 PM, petedk said:

Go back and look the guy in white tee shirt checked the kid out and then waved to the guy with video that the kid was done for

Archived