Teenager dies after motorbike collision in Chonburi – VIDEO

Jonathan Fairfield

10 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Don't you just love the way all those vehicles just drive round the body and carry on.

What are they going to do stop in traffic and give a wai making the situation worse. Barry if you were driving by what would you do are you a trained medical provider.

9 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Where I come from people would stop to see if they could offer any help, even if only to direct traffic round the person laying in the road. I doubt that would block the entire road to all traffic, including emergency vehicles which might come from the other direction anyway.

Going by the video enough people where there already so your post holds no merit. 

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:16 PM, petedk said:

What amazes me is that no one actually went to look at the poor kid to check his injuries in any way. I guess they just assumed he was dead.

What amazes me is that you deliberately ignore the fact that at 30 seconds someone ran up and did just that and seeing that he had suffered serious head injuries indicated that he was obviously dead.  It may not have been too difficult to determine his condition

11 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Don't you just love the way all those vehicles just drive round the body and carry on.

Apart from those who stopped.  Do you expect every vehicle on the road, regardless of who is in them who could be traumatised to stop for every accident when there are clearly others assisting?

10 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Where I come from people would stop to see if they could offer any help, even if only to direct traffic round the person laying in the road. I doubt that would block the entire road to all traffic, including emergency vehicles which might come from the other direction anyway.

That's what happened here, people stopped, just the same as where you come from.

On 6/25/2019 at 4:16 PM, petedk said:

What amazes me is that no one actually went to look at the poor kid to check his injuries in any way. I guess they just assumed he was dead.

Did you not see the guy in the white shirt entering from the right side of the video and running over to check on the victim? Then signalling back that the victim is dead? Then getting on his phone presumably to call the police or 191? Basically rebutting the entire point of your post? The white shirt man did everything one would hope a bystander would do. 

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:53 PM, sweatalot said:

may be breaking hard and the same time trying to change direction at high speed - causing instability

By far the most likely explanation. As mentioned by @ChrisY1 above, it's a speed or 'death' wobble.

Even an experienced rider would find this very difficult, if not impossible to control. 

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:16 PM, petedk said:

@petedk and others who have commented in this are clearly not aware of the so called 'bystander effect'. Go look it up if don't know about it.

It's a phenomena that makes those at the scene of an incident reluctant to get involved. And it's universal so criticizing Thais on this issue is unjust.

And on that point, I'm ever grateful to the 2 Thais who rushed to our aid when my wife and I came off our motorcycle due to an oil slick.

Yes, even experienced riders such as myself can get caught out. Fortunately, no harm done.

18 hours ago, Reigntax said:

The randomly spaced concrete barricades didn't help his chances of survival. 

I thought about this later. Aren't these barriers meant to be placed touching one another and provide a crash barrier that prevents a vehicle crossing into the other carriageway, head on into oncoming traffic?  They are always spaced out here and in this case something to crash head on into!

On 6/26/2019 at 12:01 PM, Tony125 said:

Play the vid in full screen,possible he hit dirt before coming to view on cam but I looked at cam befroe he showed up didn't see anything in road he could have hit but looked like front tire was warped . Maybe from puncture/blowout. Sad anyway RIP

many different things can occur to start the oscillation "tank slapper" and very little even highly skilled riders can do to stop it once it starts.  Most crash.  
he could have clipped one of the vehicles as he was splitting lanes, maybe coming out of air stream from vehicles, low tire pressure, modified suspension, sitting back too far and changing direction, heavy braking... 

On 6/25/2019 at 5:16 PM, petedk said:

Yeah, because you're right nobody cares when this happens 24/7/365.  If they cared it might stop.  It's expected and old boring news.  Like CM smog, who cares?  NO ONE. Why?  Because it's been going on for decades with NO end in sight....

On 6/25/2019 at 3:56 PM, keith101 said:

Very clearly going way to fast (for young inexperienced rider) and panicked coming up to traffic hit the brakes to hard and resulted in his death .

total conjecture.  You have no idea if the speed he was going at was too high, no idea of the road conditions, no idea what set off the oscillation in the first place (e.g. stuck rear brake?) , no idea what the wind and weather were, no idea of the mechanical condition of the bike.  An arm chair statement made with no evidence. Not all, accidents are due to stupidity.  RIP 

I disagree with some of the comments.

No front end of a bike will shimmy that violent ly from a flat tire or something in the road.

Appears to me to be a front end mechanical issue.  Or, possibly the front wheel was loose and started to come off.

Archived