Pattaya: 70% of hotels are illegal but new laws will be good for business and tourist safety

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

Does this mean it will be illegal to lock and chain up closed fire exits in the future?

Only for those who do not have hotel license ,with hotel license you can carry on as usual. 5555

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GeorgeCross said:

and what do they do with for instance Patong on New Years Eve its virtually impossible to get a room legal or otherwise at that time. if they shut down half the available rooms, where is everyone going to go? sleep on the beach lol?!

Well, no, then they will have big meetings, brainstorming sessions on why it happened,what went wrong and how they could fix it

1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:

and what do they do with for instance Patong on New Years Eve its virtually impossible to get a room legal or otherwise at that time. if they shut down half the available rooms, where is everyone going to go? sleep on the beach lol?!

7-11 will be running a open air Hostel in front of their stores,free cardboard box seeping pad included for the room-less tourist...

11 minutes ago, justin case said:

I smell a sharp increase in price, not that I go to sin city and airbnb will be next soon, you think those owners do all the shitty tm30 ?  woehahahaha

It’s not limited to Pattaya , it is nationwide and ratio is about the same 70-90% are so called “illegal “

8 hours ago, SteveB2 said:
  • The hot topic during the last few weeks is the need to register all guests within 24 hours on the immigration computer system, else you will be fined.

Stayed up in Sin Thep last weekend - wasn't even asked to register, let alone provide my passport! So much for enforcing the rules.

This is designed to impress the Chinese government and the Chinese tourists.

I am unsure but I do not know if Chinese tourists ever read what really happens in LOS.

Western tourism and money does not compare with the Chinese one iota.

The Chinese are moving into Thailand bringing spending power and investment. The TAT and government are only concerned with money and soon more rules and regulations will appear.

Only my own opinion!

2 hours ago, Knocker33 said:

Bit like there is no prostitution found. 

Ah! They did find one place in Soi 6, but it's been shut down, so, yes, there IS no prostitution in Pattaya...….It's why families go there!

41 minutes ago, NoComment said:

This is designed to impress the Chinese government and the Chinese tourists.

I am unsure but I do not know if Chinese tourists ever read what really happens in LOS.

Western tourism and money does not compare with the Chinese one iota.

The Chinese are moving into Thailand bringing spending power and investment. The TAT and government are only concerned with money and soon more rules and regulations will appear.

Only my own opinion!

No they don't, they run away already.

And of course does western money compare, what a rubbish statement. Europe alone has way more spending power than china.  

This is designed just for one and only one thing, to protect the big thai hotel lobby against airbnb, guesthouses, agoda homes and co and for absolutely nothing else.

Got absolutely nothing todo with impressing china.

Same same reason Craftbeer is forbidden to brew in Thailand, Cigaretts are more expensive that aren't thai, wine is so expensive, car imports etc. - to protect the local rich hisos groups.

4 hours ago, BestB said:

License is only 1 piece of paper, Lots of paperwork, pieces of paper needed to get that 1 piece ????

And even if you have all your paperwork in order, still does not guarantee you will get the miracle 1 piece of paper called hotel license .;)

So I say paperwork and you say licence. I say paperwork is licence and you say no, licence is paperwork.

Tit.

Finally! The International Hotel "big-shots" have reached their goal: Put the "low-cost" competition out of business.

This will enable them to do something that they were not able to do for 15 years: Increase Hotel Room Prices!

The new "clientale" of Indians and Chinese won't mind to pay the higher prices.:cheesy::clap2::cheesy:

On 6/25/2019 at 10:14 AM, redsongthaew said:

If 70 per cent of the hotels are closed, will there be enough hotel rooms left? Once the legal hotel rooms are filled up, where are people going to stay?

It might be good for the hotel industry, but all of the people not arriving because they have nowhere to stay won't be good for other businesses.

When my friend checked out of a large hotel on Pattaya Klang last month (+/- 180 rooms) he was told by the hotel receptionist that after he left the hotel would be empty. No guests and no immediate forward reservations.

14 hours ago, BestB said:

Well if 70% are illegal then it would be closed down for breaking the law under prayuts 44 

If you think 70% of hotels in Thailand could/will be closed down for not having the correct license you are either A, new to Thailand, or B, totally deluded.

1 hour ago, taxin said:

If you think 70% of hotels in Thailand could/will be closed down for not having the correct license you are either A, new to Thailand, or B, totally deluded.

Could it be C ? And have better idea than you? 

Do  you know how many were raided and taken to court this time last year ?

10 hours ago, BestB said:

10 hours ago, BestB said:

Could it be C ? And have better idea than you? 

Do  you know how many were raided and taken to court this time last year ?

And how many were ordered to be closed after the court cases ? None !

The chances of 70% of hotels in Pattaya being closed down for not having a license, is about the same chance as 70% of bars being closed down for prostitution.

The odd court case here and there and yes, maybe the odd closure so the authorities can show they are doing something, but 70% ? As much as the prospect of this excites you, im afraid you will be very disappointed, its not going to happen.

Archived