Bangkok cabbie fined 2,000 baht for taking Filipino tourists to Chonburi instead of Petchaburi Road!

Jonathan Fairfield

No taxi trip in bkk without using my gps and the driver is aware what i am doing and take a puc of his licence. They don't like it but i give a shit on it.

Still all fines are to laugh. Any wrongdoing must be up more than 1o.000 and you will see how fast wrong acting of taxi drivers are decreasing.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ChipButty said:

OK the taxi driver was bang out order but what about the passengers not knowing where they were going...?

Eer, they were tourists as stated in the original post. And they called a local when driving on the tollway.

On 6/25/2019 at 9:55 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Is is possible that because the two destinations mentioned -- Chonburi and Petchburi -- have a "buri" as part of the name, that this may have been a case of PH accent related confusion?

Or, the taxi driver was just a flat out crook, and it's merely a coincidence that the two mentioned destinations sound a bit similar?

I wouldn't be at all surprise the way some foreigners (not just Filipinos) mangle Thai pronunciation.

On 6/26/2019 at 7:17 AM, ChipButty said:

OK the taxi driver was bang out order but what about the passengers not knowing where they were going...?

Please explain. They contacted their friend because they knew they were not being driven to their hotel. No?

Archived