Information required for buying a Condomunium

I have plans to buy a Condominium, but I would get some information about the process.

1. I have 25,000 Euro in a Thai Bank (FCD).
   I transferred that sum a few years ago for my Visa purposes (800,000 Baht).
   I still have all the documents that the sum was coming from my own bank account abroad.
   Can this sum be used for the purchase of a Condominium or need the sum to be transferred at the purchase?

2. How much will I have to pay on taxes, transfert, etc. on top of the puchase sum?

3. What are the different types of Condominiums (Freehold/Lease/Etc.)?

4. If I purchase a Condominium, will I get a Chanotte?
    Is it possible to get a Blue book (or any house owner document) with the Chanotte?

5. Can the Purchase of the Condominium be used for the Visa extension (= 800,000 Baht). 

TIA

1. So long as the bank will give you an FET, you can use the money to purchase a Condo.

2. A few variables do do with the taxes and fees, its usually negotiated whether buyer, seller or both pay fees, how long the seller has owned for etc, usually around 2-3 %. 

3. A condo that a foreigner can legally own is freehold.

4. Yes, you will get a chanote and a blue book, but the blue book will be blank (unless Thai GF moves in) as foreigners cannot be in the BB, later you can apply for a yellow book from ampher, and you can be in the yellow book.

5. Condo purchase does not go towards 800k.

33 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

1. So long as the bank will give you an FET, you can use the money to purchase a Condo.

2. A few variables do do with the taxes and fees, its usually negotiated whether buyer, seller or both pay fees, how long the seller has owned for etc, usually around 2-3 %. 

3. A condo that a foreigner can legally own is freehold.

4. Yes, you will get a chanote and a blue book, but the blue book will be blank (unless Thai GF moves in) as foreigners cannot be in the BB, later you can apply for a yellow book from ampher, and you can be in the yellow book.

5. Condo purchase does not go towards 800k.

I did read somewhere in ThaiVisa that people used the ownership of a Condominium to get a Visa extension.
The ownership of the Condominium was a valid proof of having 800k baht.
Confused ....

1 minute ago, Confuscious said:

I did read somewhere in ThaiVisa that people used the ownership of a Condominium to get a Visa extension.
The ownership of the Condominium was a valid proof of having 800k baht.
Confused ....

You may like to check again as you wont find any posts or threads that mention owning a condo going towards the 800k, it may have been mentioned as someones wish list.

If you spend 10 million baht on a condo you can get an investment visa, maybe thats what you read about.

To be eligible for purchase of a condo, the money has to be transferred to a Thai bank in a foreign currency, not converted to baht first, and the Thai bank then converts it to baht.

So, if you transferred the money to a Thai bank in euros, and it arrived in Thailand in euros, and the Thai bank then converted it to baht, it might be eligible, though I don’t know for sure if the transfer was a few years ago, and I was also told the reason for the transfer had to be noted as “Purchase of condo”. If, however, your bank in Europe converted the money you sent into baht before doing the transfer, I don’t think it would be eligible.

Archived