Jump to content
BANGKOK
TallGuyJohninBKK

BKK CW Report-Retire Extension, Income Letter, Re-Entry, TM30, etc.

Recommended Posts

BTW, about the early morning queue system at BKK CW, last year at least, my Thai wife was told they start handing out the queue tickets at 7 am.... The outside officers today started forming people into an ordered queue around 8 am... And then the Immigration Office opens its doors for business at 8:30 am.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just for comparison purposes, I was looking back at my notes for the same kind of visit to BKK CW Immigration last year:

 

Last year, once finished in the L section for extensions, it took only about 15 minutes to get my passport back after the final supervisor's review. Today, it took almost 2 hours.

 

Last year, in the Re-Entry Permit section, it took about 45 minutes from me submitting my paperwork to getting my stamped passport back. Today, that part took barely 10 minutes. 

 

But in both cases, I managed to get finished and out prior to the lunch break by virtue of being in queue when Immigration opened its doors. Last year I was out by 11:15 am. Today, it was just prior to 12 noon.

 

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just for comparison purposes, I was looking back at my notes for the same kind of visit to BKK CW Immigration last year

 

thanks for the report!

 

but seriously you take notes?!

 

some of you guys really get into this visa stuff 😄

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But today at BKK CW, when the officer was starting to process my paperwork, she at one point asked if I had my 90-Day report slip

Raises a potentially interesting conundrum, though, if you've undertaken a foreign trip since obtaining your latest 90-day report slip and are within 90 days of your return to LOS when you toddle off to CW for your latest retirement extension. I shall be in precisely that situation when I apply for a new retirement extension at Rayong Maptaput in a few weeks time.

 

Presumably in that situation you would be strongly advised to arm yourself with further copies of the passport pages containing your latest departure and re-entry stamps (which should be highlighted to boot) as well as your previous 90-day slip? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

 

thanks for the report!

 

but seriously you take notes?!

 

some of you guys really get into this visa stuff 😄

 

It helps me for a couple purposes...

 

1. I always do an annual trip report here that tries to recap everything all into one place... because that kind of concise, complete factual info is often hard to find here in the way of guidance and instructions all gathered together in one single post.

 

2. There's no way I could remember and keep track of all the various details involved if I wasn't keeping some kind of notes as I went along.

 

3. It's my personal way of contributing to the TVF Community and saying "thanks" to all those who have helped and educated me along the way (and still do) with all the obscure, bizarre, always changing rules of Thai Immigration.

 

FWIW, while I was there today, I was chatting with a couple of other farangs who I'm pretty sure were not ThaiVisa active participants. They were there for other business, but both got blindsided by the new TM30 requirement and had their own business delayed while they had to go and deal with the TM30 compliance before they could return to their main business.

 

It helps to follow these things, and go in as best prepared as possible.  All my paperwork was in order, exactly as Immigration wanted it. I didn't have to run off and get new copies of anything. I wasn't missing anything that would have required a return visit. In short, it's trying to minimize the time and pain.

 

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OJAS said:

Raises a potentially interesting conundrum, though, if you've undertaken a foreign trip since obtaining your latest 90-day report slip and are within 90 days of your return to LOS when you toddle off to CW for your latest retirement extension. I shall be in precisely that situation when I apply for a new retirement extension at Rayong Maptaput in a few weeks time.

 

Presumably in that situation you would be strongly advised to arm yourself with further copies of the passport pages containing your latest departure and re-entry stamps (which should be highlighted to boot) as well as your previous 90-day slip? 

 

 

I don't think that's complicated....

 

You'd bring your most recent 90-day reporting receipt, even if you've had a recent trip out of the country and as a result, aren't yet due for new 90-day report.

 

You'd include in your photocopies your most recent arrival stamp, which would obviously show them that you're not yet due for a new 90-day reporting cycle, beyond the prior one you've already done.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

 

thanks for the report!

 

but seriously you take notes?!

 

some of you guys really get into this visa stuff 😄

Presumably, then, you have never had a curved ball lobbed at you by an immigration officer at extension of stay application time? If so, I am sure that the rest of us would be extremely grateful if you could let us know from where we can purchase the halo which, I take it, you place on your head prior to each trip to your local immigration office.

Edited by OJAS
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

 

 

I don't think that's complicated....

 

You'd bring your most recent 90-day reporting receipt, even if you've had a recent trip out of the country and as a result, aren't yet due for new 90-day report.

 

You'd include in your photocopies your most recent arrival stamp, which would obviously show them that you're not yet due for a new 90-day reporting cycle, beyond the prior one you've already done.

 

 

..And keep your fingers firmly crossed that the immigration officer you deal with can add 2 + 2 and make 4!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

 

It helps me for a couple purposes...

 

1. I always do an annual trip report here that tries to recap everything all into one place... because that kind of concise, complete factual info is often hard to find here in the way of guidance and instructions all gathered together in one single post.

 

2. There's no way I could remember and keep track of all the various details involved if I wasn't keeping some kind of notes as I went along.

 

3. It's my personal way of contributing to the TVF Community and saying "thanks" to all those who have helped and educated me along the way (and still do) with all the obscure, bizarre, always changing rules of Thai Immigration.

 

FWIW, while I was there today, I was chatting with a couple of other farangs who I'm pretty sure were not ThaiVisa active participants. They were there for other business, but both got blindsided by the new TM30 requirement and had their own business delayed while they had to go and deal with the TM30 compliance before they could return to their main business.

 

It helps to follow these things, and go in as best prepared as possible.  All my paperwork was in order, exactly as Immigration wanted it. I didn't have to run off and get new copies of anything. I wasn't missing anything that would have required a return visit. In short, it's trying to minimize the time and pain.

 

You are absolutely correct, and btw, I copied/pasted your entire summary and emailed it to myself for future reference!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, captpkapoor said:

You are absolutely correct, and btw, I copied/pasted your entire summary and emailed it to myself for future reference!

 

I do the same. I keep each year's recap and save it as my starting point for when I start the whole process over again NEXT year! (along with any changes that will have occurred along the way...)

 

But just to repeat an earlier caveat -- this was for BKK CW Immigration. The document requirements and processes at other Immigration offices may or may not be the same.

 

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TG,

Good report.  But aren't you doing your extension of stay much earlier than normal? 

 

I think I remember you talking in another thread about wanting to attempt the extension approx 3 months early versus the normal 30-45 days early due to your almost expired income affidavit which is good for 6 months.

 

And I think I'm going to bite the bullet and just go do a TM30 (which I never did once arriving over a decade ago) before I do my extension in a few months to avoid the TM30 fine blogging down my extension on the day I go extend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Pib said:

TG,

Good report.  But aren't you doing your extension of stay much earlier than normal? 

 

I think I remember you talking in another thread about wanting to attempt the extension approx 3 months early versus the normal 30-45 days early due to your almost expired income affidavit which is good for 6 months.

 

 

Your memory is good as always, Pib. I was indeed applying early, and that was the "personal circumstance" I mentioned in my retirement extension comments above that probably caused my time with the extensions officer to be a bit longer than normal. But because all that was a unique personal thing probably not relevant to most folks here, I didn't get into the details of that in this thread....

 

I did, however, recap the early application part in a separate thread on that very subject:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Pib said:

And I think I'm going to bite the bullet and just go do a TM30 (which I never did once arriving over a decade ago) before I do my extension in a few months to avoid the TM30 fine blogging down my extension on the day I go extend.

 

Depending on what you mean by "go do..."

 

I wouldn't advise anyone to "go" to CW just for TM30 purposes alone, when it's relatively easy to fill out the paperwork and send it in my mail to BKK CW using the exact same address used for 90-day reports, except changing the first line to something like "TM30 Reports Section."

 

They don't seem to be particularly fussy about the timing of your TM30 submission, as long as you have a current, up-to-date one by the time you go to file for your next new extension.

 

And the queue lines at the TM30 section seem to be relatively long, probably in part because it seems a goodly portion of those going to transact business at BKK CW these days are coming in totally unaware of their new obligation to attain TM 30 compliance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...