BKK CW Report-Retire Extension, Income Letter, Re-Entry, TM30, etc.

BTW, about the early morning queue system at BKK CW, last year at least, my Thai wife was told they start handing out the queue tickets at 7 am.... The outside officers today started forming people into an ordered queue around 8 am... And then the Immigration Office opens its doors for business at 8:30 am.

• Thanks 1

Just for comparison purposes, I was looking back at my notes for the same kind of visit to BKK CW Immigration last year:

Last year, once finished in the L section for extensions, it took only about 15 minutes to get my passport back after the final supervisor's review. Today, it took almost 2 hours.

Last year, in the Re-Entry Permit section, it took about 45 minutes from me submitting my paperwork to getting my stamped passport back. Today, that part took barely 10 minutes. 

But in both cases, I managed to get finished and out prior to the lunch break by virtue of being in queue when Immigration opened its doors. Last year I was out by 11:15 am. Today, it was just prior to 12 noon.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

13 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just for comparison purposes, I was looking back at my notes for the same kind of visit to BKK CW Immigration last year

thanks for the report!

but seriously you take notes?!

some of you guys really get into this visa stuff ????

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But today at BKK CW, when the officer was starting to process my paperwork, she at one point asked if I had my 90-Day report slip

Raises a potentially interesting conundrum, though, if you've undertaken a foreign trip since obtaining your latest 90-day report slip and are within 90 days of your return to LOS when you toddle off to CW for your latest retirement extension. I shall be in precisely that situation when I apply for a new retirement extension at Rayong Maptaput in a few weeks time.

Presumably in that situation you would be strongly advised to arm yourself with further copies of the passport pages containing your latest departure and re-entry stamps (which should be highlighted to boot) as well as your previous 90-day slip? 

1 minute ago, OJAS said:

Raises a potentially interesting conundrum, though, if you've undertaken a foreign trip since obtaining your latest 90-day report slip and are within 90 days of your return to LOS when you toddle off to CW for your latest retirement extension. I shall be in precisely that situation when I apply for a new retirement extension at Rayong Maptaput in a few weeks time.

Presumably in that situation you would be strongly advised to arm yourself with further copies of the passport pages containing your latest departure and re-entry stamps (which should be highlighted to boot) as well as your previous 90-day slip? 

I don't think that's complicated....

You'd bring your most recent 90-day reporting receipt, even if you've had a recent trip out of the country and as a result, aren't yet due for new 90-day report.

You'd include in your photocopies your most recent arrival stamp, which would obviously show them that you're not yet due for a new 90-day reporting cycle, beyond the prior one you've already done.

18 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

thanks for the report!

but seriously you take notes?!

some of you guys really get into this visa stuff ????

Presumably, then, you have never had a curved ball lobbed at you by an immigration officer at extension of stay application time? If so, I am sure that the rest of us would be extremely grateful if you could let us know from where we can purchase the halo which, I take it, you place on your head prior to each trip to your local immigration office.

Edited by OJAS
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't think that's complicated....

You'd bring your most recent 90-day reporting receipt, even if you've had a recent trip out of the country and as a result, aren't yet due for new 90-day report.

You'd include in your photocopies your most recent arrival stamp, which would obviously show them that you're not yet due for a new 90-day reporting cycle, beyond the prior one you've already done.

..And keep your fingers firmly crossed that the immigration officer you deal with can add 2 + 2 and make 4!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It helps me for a couple purposes...

1. I always do an annual trip report here that tries to recap everything all into one place... because that kind of concise, complete factual info is often hard to find here in the way of guidance and instructions all gathered together in one single post.

2. There's no way I could remember and keep track of all the various details involved if I wasn't keeping some kind of notes as I went along.

3. It's my personal way of contributing to the TVF Community and saying "thanks" to all those who have helped and educated me along the way (and still do) with all the obscure, bizarre, always changing rules of Thai Immigration.

FWIW, while I was there today, I was chatting with a couple of other farangs who I'm pretty sure were not ThaiVisa active participants. They were there for other business, but both got blindsided by the new TM30 requirement and had their own business delayed while they had to go and deal with the TM30 compliance before they could return to their main business.

It helps to follow these things, and go in as best prepared as possible.  All my paperwork was in order, exactly as Immigration wanted it. I didn't have to run off and get new copies of anything. I wasn't missing anything that would have required a return visit. In short, it's trying to minimize the time and pain.

You are absolutely correct, and btw, I copied/pasted your entire summary and emailed it to myself for future reference!

28 minutes ago, captpkapoor said:

You are absolutely correct, and btw, I copied/pasted your entire summary and emailed it to myself for future reference!

I do the same. I keep each year's recap and save it as my starting point for when I start the whole process over again NEXT year! (along with any changes that will have occurred along the way...)

But just to repeat an earlier caveat -- this was for BKK CW Immigration. The document requirements and processes at other Immigration offices may or may not be the same.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

TG,

Good report.  But aren't you doing your extension of stay much earlier than normal? 

I think I remember you talking in another thread about wanting to attempt the extension approx 3 months early versus the normal 30-45 days early due to your almost expired income affidavit which is good for 6 months.

And I think I'm going to bite the bullet and just go do a TM30 (which I never did once arriving over a decade ago) before I do my extension in a few months to avoid the TM30 fine blogging down my extension on the day I go extend.

17 minutes ago, Pib said:

TG,

Good report.  But aren't you doing your extension of stay much earlier than normal? 

I think I remember you talking in another thread about wanting to attempt the extension approx 3 months early versus the normal 30-45 days early due to your almost expired income affidavit which is good for 6 months.

Your memory is good as always, Pib. I was indeed applying early, and that was the "personal circumstance" I mentioned in my retirement extension comments above that probably caused my time with the extensions officer to be a bit longer than normal. But because all that was a unique personal thing probably not relevant to most folks here, I didn't get into the details of that in this thread....

I did, however, recap the early application part in a separate thread on that very subject:

21 minutes ago, Pib said:

And I think I'm going to bite the bullet and just go do a TM30 (which I never did once arriving over a decade ago) before I do my extension in a few months to avoid the TM30 fine blogging down my extension on the day I go extend.

Depending on what you mean by "go do..."

I wouldn't advise anyone to "go" to CW just for TM30 purposes alone, when it's relatively easy to fill out the paperwork and send it in my mail to BKK CW using the exact same address used for 90-day reports, except changing the first line to something like "TM30 Reports Section."

They don't seem to be particularly fussy about the timing of your TM30 submission, as long as you have a current, up-to-date one by the time you go to file for your next new extension.

And the queue lines at the TM30 section seem to be relatively long, probably in part because it seems a goodly portion of those going to transact business at BKK CW these days are coming in totally unaware of their new obligation to attain TM 30 compliance.

22 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Depending on what you mean by "go do..."

I wouldn't advise anyone to "go" to CW just for TM30 purposes alone, when it's relatively easy to fill out the paperwork and send it in my mail to BKK CW using the exact same address used for 90-day reports, except changing the first line to something like "TM30 Reports Section."

They don't seem to be particularly fussy about the timing of your TM30 submission, as long as you have a current, up-to-date one by the time you go to file for your next new extension.

And the queue lines at the TM30 section seem to be relatively long, probably in part because it seems a goodly portion of those going to transact business at BKK CW these days are coming in totally unaware of their new obligation to attain TM 30 compliance.

But if I'm submitting a TM30 that should have been submitted over 10 years ago where the arrival date is over 10 years old, passport number when arriving is now expired (i.e., however since renewed), etc., do you think they would accept such a TM30?

Below is a post by mtls2005 giving details of a "self-filing" TM30 versus your landlord filing it.  For me, the wife and I own our home....I even have my name on the chanote as possessing a usufruct on the property, etc., but of course the wife is still listed as the owner on the chanote. 

I was filing out the forms in mtls2005 post with my name as "Possessor of the Residence"...basically just my name on the TM30 and on its attachment.  I wonder if CW would buy off on that if mailed-in....not kick it back/ignore it because they want to collect a fine for late filing requiring an in-person visit.   

EDIT: guess there is one way to fine out....just fill out a TM30....mail it in with the attachments in mtls2005's post....include my Yellow Book and copy of chanote showing my name on it....and then see what happens.  If I get a receipt....awesome....if I don't get anything back that probably means I'll need to visit them and pay the fine.

Edited by Pib

10 minutes ago, Pib said:

But if I'm submitting a TM30 that should have been submitted over 10 years ago where the arrival date is over 10 years old, passport number when arriving is now expired (i.e., however since renewed), etc., do you think they would accept such a TM30?

Below is a post by mtls2005 giving details of a "self-filing" TM30 versus your landlord filing it.  For me, the wife and I own our home....I even have my name on the chanote as possessing a usufruct on the property, etc., but of course the wife is still listed as the owner on the chanote. 

I was filing out the forms in mtls2005 post with my name as "Possessor of the Residence"...basically just my name on the TM30 and on its attachment.  I wonder if CW would buy off on that if mailed-in....not kick it back/ignore it because they want to collect a fine for late filing requiring an in-person visit.   

EDIT: guess there is one way to fine out....just fill out a TM30....mail it in with the attachments in mtls2005's post....include my Yellow Book and copy of chanote showing my name on it....and then see what happens.  If I get a receipt....awesome....if I don't get anything back that probably means I'll need to visit them and pay the fine.

Those are good, legit issues, Pib... All I can say in response is... CW Immigration themselves NEVER enforced the TM30 requirement until starting sometime toward the end of last year.

So it's not like you've been 10 years delinquent in doing something you should have done all along. I've been here for the same 10+ years, and I never did a TM 30 before this past late Jan., because it was never required of us.

But the difference between you and me, on that score, is I've had recent trips out and back of Thailand, and filed my first ever TM30 just about a month after returning from my most recent trip abroad last December. So my lag time is a fair bit shorter than yours!!!  You being the stay-at-home, Chang drinking type!

:tongue:

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You being the stay-at-home, Chang drinking type!

I think I'll drink a Chang while filling out the TM30 paperwork....mail it all in and see what happens.  I figure the worst that could happen is zero response. 

I'll may write on the top of the TM30 form: Lost original TM30 receipt...refiling to get new one."

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pib said:

I had also never filed a TM30 in 20 years here in Bangkok and just mailed my first TM30 to CW last month (May) after my latest trip abroad.

Received my TM30 receipt from CW a month later by post and am now registered in the TM30 system at CW without any repercussions so this method seems to be acceptable to CW.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ajooma said:

I had also never filed a TM30 in 20 years here in Bangkok and just mailed my first TM30 to CW last month (May) after my latest trip abroad.

Received my TM30 receipt from CW a month later by post and am now registered in the TM30 system at CW without any repercussions so this method seems to be acceptable to CW.

Did you complete the form using "old" info....like the passport number you had 20 years ago? 

And did you submit it as the "Possessor of the Residence" with nothing but your name on the TM30?   Or did the form have your landlord/wife name on the TM30 along with a copy of their ID and blue book?    Thanks.

Edit:  Whoops, just noticed you said you completed the TM30 form after arriving last month/May.  So, it was not a TM30 that was 20 years late since it was really for your May arrival....although it probably was not submitted/received within 24 hours like they want in the perfect/unreal world.

Edited by Pib

Just now, Pib said:

Did you complete the form using "old" info....like the passport number you had 20 years ago? 

And did you submit it as the "Possessor of the Residence" with nothing but your name on the TM30?   Or did the form have your landlord/wife name on the TM30 along with a copy of their ID and blue book?    Thanks.

I am renting a condo from a company that own the condo building, not an individual landlord, therefore just self filled my name and my address only on the TM30 form.

I used current passport info.

I also obtained a copy of the condo managers ID card (signed by the manager) and also got the company that owns/manages the building to write a short letter confirming who I was and that I lived at my current address.

Here is a list of items that I sent to CW if it helps -

TM 30 FORM

PASSPORT FACE PAGE COPY (SIGNED BY MYSELF)

LATEST DEPARTURE STAMP COPY (SIGNED BY MYSELF)

LATEST ARRIVAL STAMP PAGE COPY (SIGNED BY MYSELF)

LATEST VISA/EXTENSION STAMP (RETIREMENT) PAGE COPY (SIGNED BY MYSELF)

REENTRY PERMIT STAMP PAGE COPY (SIGNED BY MYSELF)

TM 6 DEPARTURE SLIP COPY (SIGNED BY MYSELF)

RENTAL CONTRACT COPY (SIGNED BY MYSELF)

CONDO MANAGER I.D. AND LETTER (SIGNED BY MANAGER)

SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE 5BAHT REGULAR POST

There is a 2nd form that comes with the TM30 which may be for the landlord/manager to fill in with a table for names, passport details, address, TM6 number etc ... anyway I also self filled that form in and sent together with the above list ... in the final column of this form I printed myself as TENANT.

Hope it helps !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ajooma said:

Hope it helps !

Yes....thanks.

I'm just going to complete and mail-in a TM30....attach everything (documents-wise) but the kitchen sink and see what happens.  If I get a TM30 receipt in the mail...awesome!  If not, I will deal with it on my next visit to immigration which will probably be in late August/early September when I go do my annual extension of stay renewal.

Just now, Pib said:

Yes....thanks.

I'm just going to complete and mail-in a TM30....attach everything (documents-wise) but the kitchen sink and see what happens.  If I get a TM30 receipt in the mail...awesome!  If not, I will deal with it on my next visit to immigration which will probably be in late August/early September when I go do my annual extension of stay renewal.

You should be fine ... as I wrote earlier, be patient with the TM30 receipt as mine took over a month to finally get back to me.

20 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In my case, I reported myself back in Feb. for TM30 and got the receipt back in the mail.

If I understood correctly, the TM30 form is for house/building owner to file. As a perennial renter, I wonder how I can just show up at CW "B" counter and register myself since I don't own anything real-estate wise?

Anyhow, I just learned from another tv member that for self-filing, you can be filing both as the housemaster and in case of renter, as "possessor of the residence" (you rent therefore you possess) as stated in the headline of the TM30 form. In other words you can fill in the blanks with your name as the person filing and listing/reporting yourself as "alien" on page 2 and then signing the whole thing off as well.

Is that how you did it? (And yeah by post seems to be the much better way than showing up as number 355 at counter "B" on a weekday afternoon...) thanks for the verification.

17 hours ago, Pib said:

Yes....thanks.

Update: And I mailed in the stuff this morning via EMS...CW immigration will have it by close of business tomorrow...a TM30 filing that should have occurred around 11 years ago. I figure one of four things will happen. 

Immigration will:

1.  Trash it upon receipt

2.  Trash it and still be laughing when I show-up in a few months to do my annual retirement extension of stay.

3.  Send Big Joke to deliver a Bt800 fine

4.  Approve it and send me a receipt.

Time will tell.