Thailand to tout tourists from Middle East and North Africa

snoop1130

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Loads of middle eastern and Africans between Sukhumvit sois 3-5, as well as kebab shops, halal meat outlets, drugs being pedalled and women covered from head to toe, not a nice area. If they want more of that they are welcome to it.

You do know that North Africans are generally recognised as Moroccans, Tunisians and Algerians, don't you?

How many of them have you met on Sukhumvit?

Oh...did you think that everyone in Africa is the same and that everyone from the Middle East is the same?

Do you think Soi Bua Khao is regarded as a 'nice area'? Soi 6, Beach Road? You think no drugs are peddled in those areas? It is okay to have more of that and less kebab shops?

It's easy to criticise others and perhaps not so easy to for to imagine how others see you.

The truth is, in the past, there were foreign travellers that would bring a lot to Thailand and actually had a very positive effect on the locals. 

But looking at the current crop, what have they to offer? Just a sense of entitlement and a completely misguided sense of superiority over the other nationals that visit Thailand.

Even if they are just the lowest common denominator. Sex tourists. Brothel owners. Gangs member. All think that the Thai government should give them special treatment over the millions of tourists who are also bringing money, commerce and their influences to Thailand.

Unfortunately, whilst you were laughing at the Africans being targeted, you failed to see that they were looking at you too.

If they are making good money, from the other tourists, they no longer need your sleazy beer bar way of life. 

So desperately wanting the Thai economy to flag, so that they may need you once again is hardly a positive thing now, is it?

Tourism is now a huge part of their GDP, so what exactly would you like them to do? Just drop everything and hope that you will come back to them.

You and I mean the collective 'you', sound like that poor Swiss man who lost everything and now sweeps up in a temple, waiting for the woman who ran away with his money and his heart, to come back to him.

She's not coming back unless she totally runs out of money and even then, since he has nothing to offer, she won't go back even then.

Only he wasn't at all bitter.

So stop with the racial jibes. They are really pitiful.

I know it's not just you... but it had to be said. 

Too many abused the system. If it wasn't people working without the correct visa, it is some new criminal found on an all too regular basis.

Pattaya became the place to go for criminals all over the world. British criminals, instead of their former haunts on the Costa del Sol, moved to Pattaya. Since they could pay their way past their illegal behaviours it seemed the perfect place for them.

But now they need more money than before, especially if some police are willing to sell them out to their countries authorities. Even worse when they are in cahoots with criminals themselves.

So don't complain about or try to blame Africans and Middle Easterners. Look more closely to home and understand that there is nothing special about you.

On 6/25/2019 at 4:15 AM, DrTuner said:

This was to be seen. After Russians and Chinese are going elsewhere and Euros, Ozzies and Yanks are nowhere to be seen, Arabs & Africans are the last resort.

Indeed,

Soi 3 /  Sukhumvit, up to the Grace have always been Indiana Jones country and was fairly contained,

but now .., well don't leave the house without your whip and Fedora ????

26 minutes ago, cobra said:

Indeed,

Soi 3 /  Sukhumvit, up to the Grace have always been Indiana Jones country and was fairly contained,

but now .., well don't leave the house without your whip and Fedora ????

As long as I remember, there was an Arab and perhaps African presence around there. Even twenty years ago, you could read about it on websites such as the NanaPlaza forum. Certainly no one complained about it. It just meant there was a place for everyone. Westerners in Soi 4 and spreading, Arabs and Africans in Soi 3. There was the Thermae and probably a myriad of other places frequented by foreigners.

Nowadays there just seems to be this idiotic racism, as if somehow you are more entitled to be there than they are.

Maybe that is why the Thais want rid. Perhaps they don't like that nasty belief that you are somehow superior, even over them. 

So the Africans and Arabs can stay if they can live in harmony, but you can go. Since all you seem to do is complain.

3 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

You do know that North Africans are generally recognised as Moroccans, Tunisians and Algerians, don't you?

Oh...did you think that everyone in Africa is the same and that everyone from the Middle East is the same?

Africans do have one similar characteristic - very low IQ levels where ever they come from, some countries are bordering on the moronic. Then there is their infamous ability for crime, the Nigerians being the most well known for internet scams of all sorts and which they are regularly arrested for even in Thailand. I have met a few on Sukhumvit, they tried to sell me drugs and one was a scammer, then there are the fat ugly prostitutes still hanging around early in the morning when I have been to Tanachart Bank between soi 3-5. The little Africa area on Sukhumvit is a cesspit of crime, people working illegally, drugs and prostitution. Who wants to come to Thailand to be confronted by that horror show?

17 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Africans....

Perhaps anyone reading that would think the same about you and your ilk...whatever that may be.

Sitting at bar with a beer in hand, so devoid of social skills that you need to pay for your company. 

But of course you are a handsome man, who wouldn't dream of bribing a poor little brown girl to commune with you.

Who wants to go to Thailand to see that kind of disgusting behaviour? That is certainly not confined to a small area around Sukhumvit, so not so easy to avoid.

At least the locals try to be discreet and try keep it behind closed doors.

But some are proud to parade their rentals around, whilst slamming the women from their own country. Illustrates how inadequate....

Honestly, I haven't visited that area in more than ten years and then only because I stayed in Centrepoint Soi 10.

So really have no idea as to how it looks now. Even then I would visit the Took Lae Dee nearby and never once felt threatened nor uncomfortable. The whole lower Sukhumvit area was just a sleazy underbelly. Lower Sukhumvit not my thing. I stayed mainly around the Khaosan road. Yes, a backpacker. Not a sleazy sex tourist.

But what are you doing there, if you find it so disgusting? 

I haven't ever met or spoken to, anyone who complained about an African or Arab presence in the area. So perhaps real tourists don't go there or just don't care.

The only people I see mention it, is people like yourself.

As to the Africans, they were clearly outsmarting the women who were outsmarting you. So who is moronic?

3 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Perhaps anyone reading that would think the same about you and your ilk...whatever that may be.

Sitting at bar with a beer in hand, so devoid of social skills that you need to pay for your company. 

But of course you are a handsome man, who wouldn't dream of bribing a poor little brown girl to commune with you.

Who wants to go to Thailand to see that kind of disgusting behaviour? That is certainly not confined to a small area around Sukhumvit, so not so easy to avoid.

At least the locals try to be discreet and try keep it behind closed doors.

But some are proud to parade their rentals around, whilst slamming the women from their own country. Illustrates how inadequate....

Honestly, I haven't visited that area in more than ten years and then only because I stayed in Centrepoint Soi 10.

So really have no idea as to how it looks now. Even then I would visit the Took Lae Dee nearby and never once felt threatened nor uncomfortable. The whole lower Sukhumvit area was just a sleazy underbelly. Lower Sukhumvit not my thing. I stayed mainly around the Khaosan road. Yes, a backpacker. Not a sleazy sex tourist.

But what are you doing there, if you find it so disgusting? 

I haven't ever met or spoken to, anyone who complained about an African or Arab presence in the area. So perhaps real tourists don't go there or just don't care.

The only people I see mention it, is people like yourself.

As to the Africans, they were clearly outsmarting the women who were outsmarting you. So who is moronic?

I do not sit in bars or pay for company, the reason for having to go around the infested area is due to Mrs who used to work at the Amari Boulevard hotel. Took la dee is like the bar in star wars full of the detritus and to be avoided if possible, it's not halal though thank goodness so that keeps the worse elements out. You would love the breakfast at the Amari, so diverse with woman clad head to toe with those metal gaurds over their face that they have to lift up to slurp their food, liberating!

Not been there for 10 years but knows all about it and you have not spoken to anyone who complained about it, you don't even live here, but when you are here you ought to get out more.

3 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

As long as I remember, there was an Arab and perhaps African presence around there. Even twenty years ago, you could read about it on websites such as the NanaPlaza forum. Certainly no one complained about it.

Rubbish, people were always complaining about Africans scammers and drug pushers around lower Sukhumvit on Nanaplaza, you can still look up the posts on thai360.com.

Just now, Orton Rd said:

I do not sit in bars or pay for company, the reason for having to go around the infested area is due to Mrs who used to work at the Amari Boulevard hotel. Took la dee is like the bar in star wars full of the detritus and to be avoided if possible, it's not halal though thank goodness so that keeps the worse elements out. You would love the breakfast at the Amari, so diverse with woman clad head to toe with those metal gaurds over their face that they have to lift up to slurp their food, liberating!

Not been there for 10 years but knows all about it and you have not spoken to anyone who complained about it, you don't even live here, but when you are here you ought to get out more.

Your brown Mrs?

It must have been a while ago she worked there, as it hasn't been an Amari hotel for some time. It certainly wouldn't have been a place I would have chosen to stay. It was a bit of a hole then.

I travel worldwide. Other cultures don't bother me. 

Maybe you should get out a lot more.

3 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Rubbish, people were always complaining about Africans scammers and drug pushers around lower Sukhumvit on Nanaplaza, you can still look up the posts on thai360.com.

Tourists. Not sexpats. I mean genuine tourists. Not one has ever mentioned it to me.

Only the likes of yourself...who genuinely think that somehow you are better than the rest, but couldn't hack it with someone of your own kind. So move to another country to be a racist. So cool.

5 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Do you think Soi Bua Khao is regarded as a 'nice area'? Soi 6, Beach Road? You think no drugs are peddled in those areas? It is okay to have more of that and less kebab shops?

It's easy to criticise others and perhaps not so easy to for to imagine how others see you.

The truth is, in the past, there were foreign travellers that would bring a lot to Thailand and actually had a very positive effect on the locals. 

But looking at the current crop, what have they to offer? Just a sense of entitlement and a completely misguided sense of superiority over the other nationals that visit Thailand.

Even if they are just the lowest common denominator. Sex tourists. Brothel owners. Gangs member. All think that the Thai government should give them special treatment over the millions of tourists who are also bringing money, commerce and their influences to Thailand.

Unfortunately, whilst you were laughing at the Africans being targeted, you failed to see that they were looking at you too.

If they are making good money, from the other tourists, they no longer need your sleazy beer bar way of life. 

So desperately wanting the Thai economy to flag, so that they may need you once again is hardly a positive thing now, is it?

Tourism is now a huge part of their GDP, so what exactly would you like them to do? Just drop everything and hope that you will come back to them.

You and I mean the collective 'you', sound like that poor Swiss man who lost everything and now sweeps up in a temple, waiting for the woman who ran away with his money and his heart, to come back to him.

She's not coming back unless she totally runs out of money and even then, since he has nothing to offer, she won't go back even then.

Only he wasn't at all bitter.

So stop with the racial jibes. They are really pitiful.

I know it's not just you... but it had to be said. 

Too many abused the system. If it wasn't people working without the correct visa, it is some new criminal found on an all too regular basis.

Pattaya became the place to go for criminals all over the world. British criminals, instead of their former haunts on the Costa del Sol, moved to Pattaya. Since they could pay their way past their illegal behaviours it seemed the perfect place for them.

But now they need more money than before, especially if some police are willing to sell them out to their countries authorities. Even worse when they are in cahoots with criminals themselves.

So don't complain about or try to blame Africans and Middle Easterners. Look more closely to home and understand that there is nothing special about you.

I am sorry but Burkas just do not belong in Thailand and neither do the African drug dealers......Its the Western expat that was the fuel that helped turn Thailand into a fun place thats a fact...

It would be interesting, I think anyway, to know if the 'haters' or 'defenders' of people from other countries have

A, been to those countries for holidays or travelling.

B, worked there long term. 

Both of the above give you very different experiences. In the first case you have very little exposure to the real country and the people as most of the locals you will be in contact with are there to help and assist you to enjoy your stay, waiters, hotel staff and managers.

In the second case you are spending most of your time in the company of people who really don't care if you are there or not and those are the ones who give you the real experience of being in another country and culture. 

2 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

I am sorry but Burkas just do not belong in Thailand and neither do the African drug dealers......Its the Western expat that was the fuel that helped turn Thailand into a fun place thats a fact...

Oh dear....

...and to quite what kind of fun are you referring? The weather, the beaches, the lifestyle, the food, the culture. What exactly?

I actually pity you. Because I'm sure that you genuinely believe it. 

If you are speaking of sexual exploitation and people trafficking, I cannot agree to that being fun.

So perhaps you can elaborate.

I'm thinking of all my earlier visits to Thailand and what i enjoyed most was the simplicity of life. I abhored the westerners or anyone who wanted implant the ways of their country to the paradise that I found.

The ones who just wanted to bring their awful lifestyle along with them. So instead of sitting in the pub at home, they could do the same in a warm climate. But much worse, exploit people much poorer than themselves.

Is this the fun to which you refer? 

Let me know if I have misunderstood you.

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

It would be interesting, I think anyway, to know if the 'haters' or 'defenders' of people from other countries have

A, been to those countries for holidays or travelling.

B, worked there long term. 

Both of the above give you very different experiences. In the first case you have very little exposure to the real country and the people as most of the locals you will be in contact with are there to help and assist you to enjoy your stay, waiters, hotel staff and managers.

In the second case you are spending most of your time in the company of people who really don't care if you are there or not 

Unfortunately, you comments are rather over generalising. Not everyone is one or the other.

Myself and many of the people I knew, would do six to nine months annually in Thailand for holidays.

So to imagine that we only met waiters, hotel staff etc would be patently ridiculous.

I've seen and heard many of the types here before.

The sad people who like to proclaim "I live here", as if it somehow gives them exalted status. Everyone from grumpy old men in the supermarket to young lads who have found themselves a young girl for whom they don't have to pay up front.

Then the many here who unless you have a high post count, think you are a newbie and assume they know it all...certainly more than you. I mostly smile to myself at their ignorance.

So...you never know to whom you are writing or speaking. 

But for me the worst are the rejects from their own countries that travel to Thailand to exploit little brown girls and then have the gall to call backpackers 'dirty' and to slag off other nationals for deigning to populate 'their' Thailand.

Why are they in Thailand? Why can't they hack it in their own countries or at least move to Thailand with their western wives? 

So for me, those people should keep their mouths shut. They have nothing about which to be proud.

So no, I'm not bothered by Africans or Arabs on lower Sukhumvit. In fact i have no need to go there at all if I don't like it. They are no better nor worse than the sexpats, drunks, brothel keepers, pervert English teachers, gang members, western drug dealers and similarly low life locals. 

It's just the pot calling the kettle black. 

I travel to enjoy and understand other cultures. Not to want to exclude them from everywhere I go.

7 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Unfortunately, you comments are rather over generalising. Not everyone is one or the other.

Myself and many of the people I knew, would do six to nine months annually in Thailand for holidays.

So to imagine that we only met waiters, hotel staff etc would be patently ridiculous.

I've seen and heard many of the types here before.

The sad people who like to proclaim "I live here", as if it somehow gives them exalted status. Everyone from grumpy old men in the supermarket to young lads who have found themselves a young girl for whom they don't have to pay up front.

Then the many here who unless you have a high post count, think you are a newbie and assume they know it all...certainly more than you. I mostly smile to myself at their ignorance.

So...you never know to whom you are writing or speaking. 

But for me the worst are the rejects from their own countries that travel to Thailand to exploit little brown girls and then have the gall to call backpackers 'dirty' and to slag off other nationals for deigning to populate 'their' Thailand.

Why are they in Thailand? Why can't they hack it in their own countries or at least move to Thailand with their western wives? 

So for me, those people should keep their mouths shut. They have nothing about which to be proud.

So no, I'm not bothered by Africans or Arabs on lower Sukhumvit. In fact i have no need to go there at all if I don't like it. They are no better nor worse than the sexpats, drunks, brothel keepers, pervert English teachers, gang members, western drug dealers and similarly low life locals. 

It's just the pot calling the kettle black. 

I travel to enjoy and understand other cultures. Not to want to exclude them from everywhere I go.

Some cultures have the idea that going to another country means pushing their culture and laws onto that country. No thoughts exist in the way of trying to understand the culture of the country they have moved to.

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Some cultures have the idea that going to another country means pushing their culture and laws onto that country. No thoughts exist in the way of trying to understand the culture of the country they have moved to.

Exactly right. They will never be happy, because things never seem to go their way. Their happiness is based on someone else's misfortune.

When the girls were poor and accepted a few baht for their company, they were happy. Now the girls are demanding more for their time, they are appalled. Many of them richer than the foolish men who gave them all of their money.

They seem to begrudge the Thais for improving their lot and not making the same mistakes that their own countries make. For instance, selling off the family silver. All and sundry to the highest bidder. Thinking only in the short term.

So the Thais got richer and they got poorer and now they are all unhappy. Bitter even.

Spent all of their money and have nothing to show for it. Cannot even own land to pass on to their western families. So effectively abandoning them.

Why aren't they happy? They are in the paradise of their choice, but still complaining bitterly about everything. Their own countries being taken over by immigrants, when they themselves have abandoned their countries to the immigrants and becoming immigrants themselves, who then complain about other immigrants.

Patently ridiculous people who are superior only in their own tiny minds.

Come along Thaiwrath and morrobay.... since you 'liked' the comment about the western expat being responsible for the fun in Thailand, perhaps you can explain to me as to what kind of fun you think he means. 

He seems to have gone rather quiet on the subject. So perhaps you know.

15 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Exactly right. They will never be happy, because things never seem to go their way. Their happiness is based on someone else's misfortune.

When the girls were poor and accepted a few baht for their company, they were happy. Now the girls are demanding more for their time, they are appalled. Many of them richer than the foolish men who gave them all of their money.

They seem to begrudge the Thais for improving their lot and not making the same mistakes that their own countries make. For instance, selling off the family silver. All and sundry to the highest bidder. Thinking only in the short term.

So the Thais got richer and they got poorer and now they are all unhappy. Bitter even.

Spent all of their money and have nothing to show for it. Cannot even own land to pass on to their western families. So effectively abandoning them.

Why aren't they happy? They are in the paradise of their choice, but still complaining bitterly about everything. Their own countries being taken over by immigrants, when they themselves have abandoned their countries to the immigrants and becoming immigrants themselves, who then complain about other immigrants.

Patently ridiculous people who are superior only in their own tiny minds.

How do you know the girls are demanding more money if you don't go to those kind of places?

22 minutes ago, overherebc said:

How do you know the girls are demanding more money if you don't go to those kind of places?

I read it here and on other forums.

How they used to pay that and now they pay this. 

Did you imagine they only way to know is to ask the girls themselves?

In fact I did overhear a girl tell her friend that an Indian man offered her 200 baht. She of course, declined. 

Another approached me and offered for 500 baht. I declined. Another offered me a special price of 600 baht. I declined and gave her the 600 baht anyway. She then asked me to take her to the bank so she could send the money to her son.

You don't need to partake to understand what occurs.

So don't sink to the depths of some. Trying to bring others down to make themselves feel better.

I think the silence on the fun subject is deafening. So I think you can surmise the kind of fun imagined here by some.

If that is of what you are proud, you should really hang your heads in shame.

You cannot cry about it now that you are being made persona non grata. Just like you look down on the Arabs and the Africans, the Thais look down on you. Not enough money to sustain yourselves. Picking up women from the lower strata of society and draping them on your arms. It's really a disgrace and an embarrassment for all.

Many times they ask me at Immigration if I have Thai lady and I say no no no....

There's much more fun to be had in Thailand than paying people for sex.

16 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Many times they ask me at Immigration if I have Thai lady and I say no no no....

There's much more fun to be had in Thailand than paying people for sex.

You are virtuous!  Wanna cookie?

2 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Bad news for the frustrated few haters,  who will soon see even more kebab stands and burkhas all over :cheesy:

Damn it, now I feel like a kebab and I'm fairly certain there are none to be found within 30KM of where I'm located.   ...thanks a lot observer90210  ????  heh

Archived