Thailand to tout tourists from Middle East and North Africa

snoop1130

11 minutes ago, zydeco said:

You are virtuous!  Wanna cookie?

No thank you. Why would I accept a cookie from a stranger? You are coming over like a weirdo.

I don't accept that because have no interest in exploiting people worse off than I, it makes me somehow virtuous. Maybe you should just raise your standards.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Libya and Niger show pretty high potential! TAT Roadshow coming soon....

Btw, the Pound is now at 39THB, so has the Exodus started? Can we get a report on homeless, begging English expats in Pattaya, who are given handouts by North African tourists?!

2 minutes ago, PhilippBKK said:

Libya and Niger show pretty high potential! TAT Roadshow coming soon....

Btw, the Pound is now at 39THB, so has the Exodus started? Can we get a report on homeless begging English expats in Pattaya, who are been giving handouts by North African tourists?!

I'm sure many are suffering. I wouldn't wish such a fate on anyone. Especially if they are old and unable to earn more.

Hopefully they will see a way through and continue to live productive lives. Maybe a bit of gardening, volunteering... whatever keeps one going.

8 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

I'm sure many are suffering. I wouldn't wish such a fate on anyone. Especially if they are old and unable to earn more.

Hopefully they will see a way through and continue to live productive lives. Maybe a bit of gardening, volunteering... whatever keeps one going.

Any beaver hunting allowed? During the rainy season gardening can be difficult.

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Any beaver hunting allowed? During the rainy season gardening can be difficult.

People do what they do, for reasons known to themselves.

I only make the point that even though certain people who are doing things that can be and are looked down upon, they still think that somehow they should be considered superior to other tourists, nationalities, races.

So just like I don't let the sight of them bother me, neither do I pay attention to Africans and Arabs getting on with their lives.

If you want them to be scrutinised, don't be upset when someone else considers it is your time to be scrutinised.

What makes you any better?

Of course I am not referring to you personally. I am just making a very general point.

4 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

People do what they do, for reasons known to themselves.

I only make the point that even though certain people who are doing things that can be and are looked down upon, they still think that somehow they should be considered superior to other tourists, nationalities, races.

So just like I don't let the sight of them bother me, neither do I pay attention to Africans and Arabs getting on with their lives.

If you want them to be scrutinised, don't be upset when someone else considers it is your time to be scrutinised.

What makes you any better?

Of course I am not referring to you personally. I am just making a very general 

Let them get on with their lives and instead of arriving in 'more civilised' places with hands outstretched and trying to change the guest country take ideas back and sort out their own country's problems.

Wait and see how many, if this idea takes off in Thailand, end up trying to stay here after their 'package tour'

IDC will require extending.

Just my thoughts.

8 hours ago, fforest1 said:

I am sorry but Burkas just do not belong in Thailand and neither do the African drug dealers......Its the Western expat that was the fuel that helped turn Thailand into a fun place thats a fact...

Whether or not the Burkas belong here or not doesn't really matter.  And while there are African drug dealers here, in case you haven't noticed, there are many western drug dealers here also.  It's not the western expat that has fueled the growth here, it was the myriad of multi-national companies regardless of where they are from.  And no, western expats did not turn this place into a fun hangout all by them selves...plenty of people from all over have been visiting and having fun here for a hundred years or better.  My guess is you're referring to the red light districts--sorry to break it to you, but sex workers and alcohol have been in Thailand for hundreds of years!

46 minutes ago, mosan said:

And no, western expats did not turn this place into a fun hangout all by them selves...plenty of people from all over have been visiting and having fun here for a hundred years or better.  My guess is you're referring to the red light districts--sorry to break it to you, but sex workers and alcohol have been in Thailand for hundreds of years!

No need to apologize for breaking it to him when you're wrong yourself. Westerners DID give Thailand int'l renown as the place for a man to find a certain fulfillment half a century ago. You're right in saying that sex workers have been in Thailand for 100's of years, but that's as a domestic industry, same as it is in Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, China, et al. Par for the course. There wasn't a sharp increase in red light districts catering to foreigners here in Thailand until Songkram Vietnam. That fact propelled Thailand into getting its reputation as adult Disney World.

8 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

No thank you. Why would I accept a cookie from a stranger? You are coming over like a weirdo.

I don't accept that because have no interest in exploiting people worse off than I, it makes me somehow virtuous. Maybe you should just raise your standards.

If they are worse off than you why don't you hand out cookies? Oh sorry I forgot you just hand out money to hookers.

So you're a well off backpacker who travels around the world feeling sorry for people who are 'worse off than you,' your words. 

Do you help out other backpackers who are worse off than you?

On 6/25/2019 at 7:11 AM, BritManToo said:

Everyone except white folk is welcomed to Thailand.

White folks have been enjoying Thailand's brothels (fronting as bars), pimping Thai girls in bars (as managers/owners), and even marrying the sex workers for a long time. Now it is time to open up the land of brothels to the rest of the World so that others can also enjoy what Thailand has to offer or as I say the "lure"

13 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

then there are the fat ugly prostitutes still hanging around early in the morning when I have been to Tanachart Bank between soi 3-5. The little Africa area on Sukhumvit is a cesspit of crime, people working illegally, drugs and prostitution. Who wants to come to Thailand to be confronted by that horror show?

Arabs?

11 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Unfortunately, you comments are rather over generalising. Not everyone is one or the other.

Myself and many of the people I knew, would do six to nine months annually in Thailand for holidays.

So to imagine that we only met waiters, hotel staff etc would be patently ridiculous.

I've seen and heard many of the types here before.

The sad people who like to proclaim "I live here", as if it somehow gives them exalted status. Everyone from grumpy old men in the supermarket to young lads who have found themselves a young girl for whom they don't have to pay up front.

Then the many here who unless you have a high post count, think you are a newbie and assume they know it all...certainly more than you. I mostly smile to myself at their ignorance.

So...you never know to whom you are writing or speaking. 

But for me the worst are the rejects from their own countries that travel to Thailand to exploit little brown girls and then have the gall to call backpackers 'dirty' and to slag off other nationals for deigning to populate 'their' Thailand.

Why are they in Thailand? Why can't they hack it in their own countries or at least move to Thailand with their western wives? 

So for me, those people should keep their mouths shut. They have nothing about which to be proud.

So no, I'm not bothered by Africans or Arabs on lower Sukhumvit. In fact i have no need to go there at all if I don't like it. They are no better nor worse than the sexpats, drunks, brothel keepers, pervert English teachers, gang members, western drug dealers and similarly low life locals. 

It's just the pot calling the kettle black. 

I travel to enjoy and understand other cultures. Not to want to exclude them from everywhere I go.

Golly, so many chips, you must have magnificent broad shoulders!

1 hour ago, onera1961 said:

White folks have been enjoying Thailand's brothels (fronting as bars), pimping Thai girls in bars (as managers/owners), and even marrying the sex workers for a long time. Now it is time to open up the land of brothels to the rest of the World so that others can also enjoy what Thailand has to offer or as I say the "lure"

Well, yeah, let the others have the leftovers.

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

If they are worse off than you why don't you hand out cookies? Oh sorry I forgot you just hand out money to hookers.

So you're a well off backpacker who travels around the world feeling sorry for people who are 'worse off than you,' your words. 

Do you help out other backpackers who are worse off than you?

Cookies seem to be on your mind. I associate that term with children. Perhaps there is something you are not telling.

No I don't give out cookies to anyone. But your behaviour suggest that you do. Perhaps you do need to be more carefully scrutinised.

Yes. I spend a fair bit of time helping others not fortunate enough to be in my position.  I wouldn't have even spoken to this girl, but her approach was so persistent and actually quite funny, that I just gave her the money for making me smile. Which in turn made her very happy. a happy ending.

I know you are just playing the fool and hoping that you will wind me up. But you are just revealing more about yourself and your behaviour.

I am no longer a backpacker. I started out as a backpacker and found many other fun things to do in Thailand than to hang around Lower Sukhumvit in the company of thieves and prostitutes. It was always a lowlife area, apart from perhaps Soi 1.

So when I read about sex tourists and other rejects complaining about Arabs and Africans around Soi 3, I can only surmise that those people imagine that they are somehow superior, when clearly, they are not.

Imagine that, a sex tourist exploiting the poor and desperate, throwing stones at Arabs and Africans. Pitiful.

18 minutes ago, JAG said:

Golly, so many chips, you must have magnificent broad shoulders!

Chips? I don't eat chips. They might make you into a fat barsteward, slim.

But since you were probably referring to the phrase "Chip on your shoulder"....that is exactly to what I have been referring;

It can mean a person thinking too much of oneself (often without the credentials) or feeling entitled.

That sounds exactly those who feel that they are responsible for all of the fun in Thailand and that they are inherently better than the Chinese, Russians, Arabs, Africans.......

When we all really know their time is over. Just old has-beens, bitterly unable to accept the truth.

I don't have those illusions. 

3 hours ago, seminomadic said:

No need to apologize for breaking it to him when you're wrong yourself. Westerners DID give Thailand int'l renown as the place for a man to find a certain fulfillment half a century ago. You're right in saying that sex workers have been in Thailand for 100's of years, but that's as a domestic industry, same as it is in Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, China, et al. Par for the course. There wasn't a sharp increase in red light districts catering to foreigners here in Thailand until Songkram Vietnam. That fact propelled Thailand into getting its reputation as adult Disney World.

I'm sorry but you appear yet another with delusions of grandeur. 

As if somehow you think bringing prostitution to the fore is something admirable. That makes you lowlife in most people's eyes.

Most people are of the opinion that inadequate men go there to look for small framed girls. 

But none of my visits to SE Asia had any connection with red light districts. That sordid perspective belongs to those who travel to Thailand just for those reasons.

When I was growing up, I remember that people were looking to the Philippines to find a partner.  My friend's dad did so and by all accounts she was a good partner. Worked in the U.K as a nurse. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about Thailand. It had a bad reputation from the very beginning.

You could literally see the scorn on people's faces if you mentioned Thailand.

It was the backpackers that changed all of that. Bringing to the fore islands such as Samui, Pha Nghan, Tao, Phi Phi, Koh Chang etc

Taking back their stories and changing the perception that it was all sleaze and drugs being planted on innocents.

That is what made Thailand popular, not the disgusting sex tourists.

38 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

I'm sorry but you appear yet another with delusions of grandeur. 

As if somehow you think bringing prostitution to the fore is something admirable. That makes you lowlife in most people's eyes.

Most people are of the opinion that inadequate men go there to look for small framed girls. 

But none of my visits to SE Asia had any connection with red light districts. That sordid perspective belongs to those who travel to Thailand just for those reasons.

When I was growing up, I remember that people were looking to the Philippines to find a partner.  My friend's dad did so and by all accounts she was a good partner. Worked in the U.K as a nurse. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about Thailand. It had a bad reputation from the very beginning.

You could literally see the scorn on people's faces if you mentioned Thailand.

It was the backpackers that changed all of that. Bringing to the fore islands such as Samui, Pha Nghan, Tao, Phi Phi, Koh Chang etc

Taking back their stories and changing the perception that it was all sleaze and drugs being planted on innocents.

That is what made Thailand popular, not the disgusting sex tourists.

I think the last time somone like you was reported to be on the planet it was also reported three wise men came from the east. Don't remember anything about them having cookies as gifts.

I think quite a few posters know your trolling by the way. ????

52 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I think the last time somone like you was reported to be on the planet it was also reported three wise men came from the east. Don't remember anything about them having cookies as gifts.

I think quite a few posters know your trolling by the way. ????

No....I am posting on topic. Concerning the attitudes some lowly beings have towards their fellow man. In this case, the North Africans and Middle Eastern visitors, having convinced themselves they are somehow superior.

Whereas you are posting about cookies and hookers. But you are only amusing yourself. We have a name for people who get off by amusing themselves.

24 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

No....I am posting on topic. Concerning the attitudes some lowly beings have towards their fellow man. In this case, the North Africans and Middle Eastern visitors, having convinced themselves they are somehow superior.

Whereas you are posting about cookies and hookers. But you are only amusing yourself. We have a name for people who get off by amusing themselves.

Liberals?

10 minutes ago, nkg said:

Liberals?

?

What is liberals?

Do you think that you are somehow harder than me because you think you have more extreme views?

I am writing about the sleazy hypocrites who fail to see that their ghettos are equally as unedifying as the ghettos that they describe as unsavoury. 

What has that to do with being liberal? That I am not on one's side or the other?

1 hour ago, KneeDeep said:

?

What is liberals?

Do you think that you are somehow harder than me because you think you have more extreme views?

I am writing about the sleazy hypocrites who fail to see that their ghettos are equally as unedifying as the ghettos that they describe as unsavoury. 

What has that to do with being liberal? That I am not on one's side or the other?

1 hour ago, KneeDeep said:

We have a name for people who get off by amusing themselves.

Everybody "gets off by amusing themselves" in one way or another. Some people seem to get off on taking themselves too seriously, and being internet "tough guys".

Go ahead Thailand....invite ALL arabs and africans in...see what happens maybe you and your country will love it.  Thailand has NO problem with CM smog, road kill rates, why should they be any less happier inviting those 2 countries in....

Yes, I can see it now. 

Ethiopians getting rounded up in Sukhumvit just like the Nigerian dealers, not to mention the famous and nonchalant disdain Thais have for dark skin.

I'm sure they'll have a holiday to remember!

I was sitting in Took Lae Dee diner Soi 5 a while ago, two leery looking yoofs came in, ordered expensive dishes like bbq goong (supposedly haram?) ate it like pigs, then walked out -them no pay!

Quality tourists all the way!

48 minutes ago, Small Joke said:

Yes, I can see it now. 

Ethiopians getting rounded up in Sukhumvit just like the Nigerian dealers, not to mention the famous and nonchalant disdain Thais have for dark skin.

I'm sure they'll have a holiday to remember!

I was sitting in Took Lae Dee diner Soi 5 a while ago, two leery looking yoofs came in, ordered expensive dishes like bbq goong (supposedly haram?) ate it like pigs, then walked out -them no pay!

Quality tourists all the way!

Great story about the two youths. I mean, westerners never behave badly. 

Why are you so concerned about what is haram(I had to look it up)? Are you a Muslim?

Why are you so concerned about the quality of their holiday?

Do you think they were concerned about whether you left your country to consort with little brown women on the cheap....or not?

I think the Government actively encourages prostitution leading by example.

First they want farang, then they want Chinese, then they want Indians, then they want Arabs.

Like others have said, they are running out of countries. Who will they lobby next, Papua New Guinea?

9 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

throwing stones at Arabs and Africans. Pitiful.

You might consider that the recent promotional video from immigration (explaining the reasons for tightening the 24 hour reporting rules against tourists and expats, and much of the "bad guys out" rationale) cited those undocumented Iranians and Lebanese who assembled bombs at home and hurled them at Bangkok taxis.

Archived