BANGKOK 19 July 2019 02:10
ghworker2010

In laws are retiring soon. Guess how much their monthly pension is?

42 minutes ago, ghworker2010 said:

It seems that any thai who was lucky enough to land in a long term government job has a comfortable life in retirement. 

Knew a head teacher he was getting 60,000 bht per month but only lasted 3 years, his wife in a small village school get 35,000 per month but before hubby die they bought a wholesale business shop.

When thai works and pays social security, upon retirement they get either lump sum back or in monthly payments. Only those who hardly ever held a job or worked without paying SS , get 500 per month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, ghworker2010 said:

I speculate that the govt could sack 1/4 of all govt workers across all sectors and still function properly. Its a classic walking into an amphor office, for example, and seeing so many people sitting around with empty desks.

I agree with the above but, as far as I know, manning levels are based upon the size of the Amphur. The police manning levels are worked out in the same way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

That is the majority of rural Thais. Working in a rice field doesn't qualify. I wouldn't say they've hardly ever held a job, it's back-breaking work.

Rice fields is one month work, indeed back breaking, only no one forced them to work in rice fields, they could go get a job elsewhere.

whats next self employed who never pay a cent in personal taxes or social security should be entitled to tax money? Its not the nanny West and thanks for that, but even in the nanny West low income pay taxes unlike Thailand

• Like 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 6

Yeah I think 60k is closer to what a senior male teacher recieves as pension. 

Some lifetime teachers / ed. staff also get a lump sum on day of retirement plus pensions as indicated. From my understanding the lump sum is between 1 to 3 million Baht.

6 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Youre right but most Ive known have borrowed money against their payouts and pensions which was spent long ago. I think they actually get govt loans against their superannuation payouts

Which in fact encourages them to go into debt in the years before retirement day. Ultimately not a good idea.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Again those who have it keep it, Compared with the lowly Citysens 500 baht a month.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

Again those who have it keep it, Compared with the lowly Citysens 500 baht a month.

Go to school and get a good job

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2