All eyes on YOU: Pattaya’s state of the art CCTV system watches the city’s every move

snoop1130

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

There are now thousands of CCTV cameras in Pattaya, which were installed as part of a government initiative to link 367,000 CCTV cameras throughout Thailand by the end of 2019.

However they will not capture any cases of prostitution in the family friendly resort.

13 hours ago, onera1961 said:

I think somebody decided to keep an eye on all those brothels (fronting as bars) and their farang/Thai pimps (bar owners/illegally working farang managers) giving opportunity only to Thais and denying equal opportunity to African ladies. 

Just making sure they do not get cheated on their cut.

1 hour ago, myjawe said:

and what about speed cameras installed around Pattaya ? why still not working ?

There are speed limits? I am usually happy if I am just managing to move!

18 hours ago, emptypockets said:

No deterrent factor at all.

If they want a deterrent factor make the cameras 4 foot by 4 foot with very large signs on them.

if people can't see them there is no deterrent factor at all.

Bit like speed cameras etc.

your point is well taken though we all know by now that these things are lurking.

On 6/25/2019 at 7:32 PM, snoop1130 said:

Cameras have now been installed on many major junctions, street corners

Yet there are five red light runners at every change and the police fail to notice them even outside their police stations.  

They should put one camera in every taximeter cab and see if they last as long as the meters have.

On 6/25/2019 at 3:28 PM, NCC1701A said:

so they can watch me walk up and down Soi 6 until I make my selection?

actually they have a "recommendations" list for anyone making a small contribution to their "christmas box"

On 6/26/2019 at 12:28 AM, NCC1701A said:

so they can watch me walk up and down Soi 6 until I make my selection?

Selection of a place to eat I assume you mean. Could not be anything else as a few hundred of the RTP's finest found no evidence of a certain other activity not associated with the reputation of this outstanding family location. 

On 6/25/2019 at 7:44 PM, from the home of CC said:

sounds like the U.K. - are they gonna put cameras wherever you guys go? ????

The mass surveillance of the UK population has had little or no impact on crime rates. Stabbings, murder, street crime, acid attacks etc have massively increased. 

On 6/25/2019 at 7:44 PM, from the home of CC said:

sounds like the U.K. - are they gonna put cameras wherever you guys go? ????

Personal worn cameras with GPS that continually upload to a cloud and can't be turned off are the way forward.

For both proving your guilt or your innocence.

If a crime is committed, you just round up everyone that was there (GPS), and view their personal video/audio records.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Personal worn cameras with GPS that continually upload to a cloud and can't be turned off are the way forward.

For both proving your guilt or your innocence.

If a crime is committed, you just round up everyone that was there (GPS), and view their personal video/audio records.

Im not sure the gangs doing the knifings, acid attacks and moped theft would agree to wearing body cams when going out on a kill or burn mission. 65 fatal stabbings in london so far

On 6/27/2019 at 1:58 PM, Reigntax said:

Selection of a place to eat I assume you mean. Could not be anything else as a few hundred of the RTP's finest found no evidence of a certain other activity not associated with the reputation of this outstanding family location. 

Why make that assumption? Probably looking for a bar girl. 

20 hours ago, Kim J said:

They will now be able to watch all of their colleagues driving around on their motorbikes without helmets, or driving along the promenade, or driving the wrong way down the road, etc etc.

I was sat waiting on lights at the Suk-Klang junction yesterday thinking why am I in a minority feeling I have to wear a helmet, why do I feel the law only applies to me? Why don't these 10-12 people without get challenged here at the biggest junction in town? At least they were waiting on the lights!

Im not sure the gangs doing the knifings, acid attacks and moped theft would agree to wearing body cams when going out on a kill or burn mission. 65 fatal stabbings in london so far

Yes,i remember when we did not have that sort of thing in London,but then the immegrants came.
Judging by the names and pictures of those stabbed and stabbing ,they brought their way of life with them.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived