Rain .

kevvy

Great to see the rain come tonight(tuesday) as it was a welcome sight. As usual as the rain comes the power goes off.There was no thunder just a good shower of rain .After the water going off and on for 3 days now this .They can spend a fortune on buying their armoured cars and submarines, but cannot give money to local government to improve communities. 

We had heavy rain for 15 min at 1510. Did not lose power. Our problem is losing power during the night with no storm anywhere. Half our village goes off and the rest do not. I cannot understand why. After a phone call it now takes an hour to fix. There is a problem but they refuse to fix it.

I bought one of these in Big C last year, can't remember the exact price but under 500B (promotion price).

It has LED light and fan with three settings, I use as a normal fan (I hate aircon) and it never even hesitates when the power goes off.

Obviously battery depends on settings, I've never really put it to the test.

IMG_0592.JPG.f4d185f356dd6e61f1d3a9ed6aae7c2d.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

It's around but definitely patchy, we had a good fall yesterday of about an inch.

Same down here. Good rain yesterday for 30 min. The 2 days before thunderstorms east of Phayao and again today.

On 6/25/2019 at 7:55 PM, ripstanley said:

We had heavy rain for 15 min at 1510. Did not lose power. Our problem is losing power during the night with no storm anywhere. Half our village goes off and the rest do not. I cannot understand why. After a phone call it now takes an hour to fix. There is a problem but they refuse to fix it.

We had no rain

Wiang Nue area we had a fairly long rain last night and a bit more this morning. I have no idea how much but the klong's and paddy's are all full. Its a start but after reading the TV article on the state of the Mekong and Phayao lake  far more is needed and quickly.

We checked the WPP and Maekhachan reservoirs yesterday and they appear to be in reasonable shape.  Mae Suay very low (it actually ran out totally last 2 years).  Don't have any first hand knowledge of Mae Lao so anyone who does happen to know, please pass it on.  Generally, the southern part of the valley is ok - the north not so.

Had a nice light show last night - but only a touch of rain.

4 hours ago, wgdanson said:

What's that in real money?    LOL

Bit like buying 4x4 timber at 2/6d a metre.

I thought I would show a little empathy towards the metrically impaired.

I could have said it rained a 1/4 of a dick, but that might be the same measurement to everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:10 PM, BritManToo said:

I'm ready this year, bought 6 LED bulbs with batteries inside that last for 6 hours.

When my power goes off in the storm, I've still got lights.

No more expensive than the normal LEDs, about 90bht each from Lazada.

Any chance of a picture of the item please?

18 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Any chance of a picture of the item please?

I have two different types

This is very bright and charges via USB

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/telecorsa-mobile-led-bulb-re-1601-re1601-05g-song1-i224719498-s343347768.html

This one is dimmer but lasts longer and charges while screwed in a normal light socket

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/telecorsa-ckl-led-15w-ckl-15w-00g-song-i279933528-s452603097.html

Torrential rain the last two days, power flicked off a couple of times but only for a second.

Sunny enough to go cycling this morning.

On 7/21/2019 at 6:49 PM, canuckamuck said:

I thought I would show a little empathy towards the metrically impaired.

I could have said it rained a 1/4 of a dick, but that might be the same measurement to everyone.

My wife thinks mine is 9 inches but she never did really know how to hold a ruler.

On 6/25/2019 at 8:10 PM, BritManToo said:

I'm ready this year, bought 6 LED bulbs with batteries inside that last for 6 hours.

When my power goes off in the storm, I've still got lights.

No more expensive than the normal LEDs, about 90bht each from Lazada.

I did that too. 

Never had a power cut since I spent money preparing for it. All the people around about should be grateful to me for this service.

If you are suffering drought call me and I will come and clean and polish my car near your home. If rain and mud don't follow a full refund will be given.

• 2 weeks later...

Had alot of rain the last 3weeks .. some days it has rain all day other days off and on ..

score card

electricity shutdown           days off rain

12                                   18

keep you informed           

16 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

Your electrical outages seem sever. We have had none this season. Outages are mostly when there is a lot of wind and heavy (thunderstorms)

One of the days it went off 3 times .Every time my wife rings up the department , they ask is it raining all alot of wind.She has asked them many times why does it go off? This has been going on since the year dot . You would think they would get their act together after all these years .

We are looking into buy a small generator .

It's indeed fairly common in our area, apparently there's two lines and we occasionally see other villager's lights on when ours go off, or vice versa.

The water going off annoys me more, it always seems to happen in the early evening when I'm contemplating a shower before bed.

We keep a large bucket of fresh water in the bathroom for such eventualities.

7 hours ago, kevvy said:

One of the days it went off 3 times .Every time my wife rings up the department , they ask is it raining all alot of wind.She has asked them many times why does it go off? This has been going on since the year dot . You would think they would get their act together after all these years .

We are looking into buy a small generator .

It went off about 15 times in a single day earlier this week. All in all though it has been a pretty stable year for the electricity. We didn't get the April windstorms that usually do the most damage.

6 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

It's indeed fairly common in our area, apparently there's two lines and we occasionally see other villager's lights on when ours go off, or vice versa.

The water going off annoys me more, it always seems to happen in the early evening when I'm contemplating a shower before bed.

We keep a large bucket of fresh water in the bathroom for such eventualities.

we got the water problem covered , tank and pump.. Now in the process of getting a generator . Just want enough power to turn on a light and computers.So at night time when I hear someone cursing , it is you ...As you as you are just a drop kick away .

Archived