Police called after tourist refuses to pay 225 baht bar bill

snoop1130

17 hours ago, greeneking said:

I have always wanted to know.....why must it be a secret what they look like?

If they can not be shown why use their 'photograph' at all?

A bit like someone being inteviewed on the radio and they say 'Mary, not her real name.....', only the people who actually know her will recognise her voice.

5 hours ago, grifbel said:

Looking at the image of the bill, the total should have been 135 baht + 95 baht = 230 Baht.  He may have been in shock from being undercharged!

You should have gone to Specsavers !   LOL

8 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Looks like there were two drinks on the bin and maybe he bought a "lady " drink.  Perhaps he then didn't like the company and tried to leave in protest.

Yes, looks like he unintentionally bought a lady drink.

8 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

I once thought that I got short changed in a 7-11 but after a discussion with the cashier we realised that the item was labeled with the wrong price, so I paid the extra 2 Baht that it cost and went on my way.

Should my incident have its own thread or is this news too hot to handle.

19 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

stop the press

18 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Riveting news man pays bill at 2nd attempt ????

18 hours ago, poohy said:

NOT newsworthy he was drunk then he paid it......... big deal

18 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Slow news day? I guess now that there is no prostitution in Pattaya you have to grasp any story!????

It was not news.

Only Facebook.

9 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Looks like there were two drinks on the bin and maybe he bought a "lady " drink.  Perhaps he then didn't like the company and tried to leave in protest.

I thought something along that line... A maiden got a lady drink out of him due to miscommunication, and the guy refused the total of the bill because of that 'drink he did not order'...

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:37 AM, Puchaiyank said:

The goons who normally handle an irate customer were preoccupied with a farang who balked at paying a 30,000 baht bar tab when he only had two beers...

I presume that is an attempt at humour, but I know Lucky Star Bar well, and there are no "goons", and no one gets ripped off there by the bar staff.

On 6/26/2019 at 7:29 AM, Benmart said:

Many of the problems existing in this lawless town are:

1. The selling or serving alcohol to people that appear intoxicated.

2. No liability for people who sell/serve alcohol to people that appear intoxicated. (See 4.).

3. Lack of training to people who sell/serve alcohol as to how to identify people who appear to be intoxicated.

4. Corruption.

5. Pathetic consequences if one causes trouble when intoxicated. (See 4.).

There are those that may say, that these are the reasons to drink; to become falling down drunk, soil your pants with urine and feces, passout at bars or on the street, pick fights, become victims because of an inability to make wise decisions and on and on.

The bar scene in Pattaya is run by corruption, greed and ignorance. Where else can you drink yourself into oblivion, passout as the bar, wakeup and carry on? Certainly not in the home countries of many of the drunkards roaming and driving scooters hereabouts.

This town is not lawless compared to European and USA cities. 

Archived