BANGKOK 21 July 2019 03:14

I live in BKK and submitted my 90 day report online today around noon

was approved when I checked at 6pm

I never ever filed a TM30 at Chaengwattana Immigration

Just came back to BKK from one of my frequent visits upcountry

This time I asked the Hotel there if they file a TM 30 for me and they confirmed

Posted (edited)

And this post has a second paragraph that's missing?

What's your question? So if your hotel does a tm30 you have no trouble with 90 day report. They are unrelated as far as I know

Edited by DrJack54

hotel does a TM 30 every time I stay upcountry

but I never do a TM30 when I get back to BKK

14 minutes ago, sirholly said:

Why that works is easy to explain. The address notification you have been doing one time in the past, was the same as a TM30. When you go and stay at a hotel, they only make a temporary (soft) registration of address. When you check out, the registration you made at your original home address (hard copy) is again valid.

9 minutes ago, sirholly said:

OK. This tm30 stuff is all new at CW. My take on it reading threads is that the tm30 will be needed for your next annual extension but not required for your 90 day report. 

Just do a tm30 just prior to your next extension. 

Mind you the blood suckers have found new cravy train. Take along 800baht for fine.

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Why that works is easy to explain. The address notification you have been doing one time in the past, was the same as a TM30. When you go and stay at a hotel, they only make a temporary (soft) registration of address. When you check out, the registration you made at your original home address (hard copy) is again valid.

You state that with such confidence. That does not match up with stated "rules". What is a "soft" registration? 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You state that with such confidence. That does not match up with stated "rules". What is a "soft" registration? 

It simply means that that your are not obligated to make a new TM30 if you do not leave the country, and sometimes not even then out of the information I got around a day ago on this forum.

It has also been told to me in person by an Immigration officer at my local Immigration Office.

Edited by Matzzon

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

It simply means that that your are not obligated to make a new TM30 if you do not leave the country, and sometimes not even then out of the information I got around a day ago on this forum.

It has also been told to me in person by an Immigration officer at my local Immigration Office.

Read the official rules regarding returning to place of residence within 24hours of return. That applies to domestic as well as international. The fact that MANY imm offices have let it slide is not the point. 

I have done 7 extensions of stay based on retirement at CW. NEVER been asked for a tm30 in the past. Apparently now that requirement is required. 

I'm betting your local imm officer was not bkk. 

Edited by DrJack54

32 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm betting your local imm officer was not bkk.

You bet right. There is one thing, though. That is how good connection you have with your IO, and the Immigration Office you belong to. 

As I see it, many people on this forum just complain about the changes instead of rolling with them and deliver a smile. I guess they do not realize how much that smile is really worth, neither do they realize how easy it would be to give it at the same time as they comply with and embrace the rules.

I guess that was the last nail in the coffin that you needed. If not, I can buy a bigger hammer.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

@DrJack54I didn´t expect anything more than a laugh from you. That´s usually the last resort for the ones that can´t admit they ain´t got their portfolio under control.

Edited by Matzzon

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

You bet right. There is one thing, though. That is how good connection you have with your IO, and the Immigration Office you belong to. 

As I see it, many people on this forum just complain about the changes instead of rolling with them and deliver a smile. I guess they do not realize how much that smile is really worth, neither do they realize how easy it would be to give it at the same time as they comply with and embrace the rules.

I guess that was the last nail in the coffin that you needed. If not, I can buy a bigger hammer.

Spare me. I am always polite with imm and people in general. As for imm offices in Thailand ....I read many posts re farang having cozy relationships with imm office. That does not apply in CW. Not because the officers have issues etc. Its due to vast number of folk attending that office. This post from op related to CW. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Spare me. I am always polite with imm and people in general. As for imm offices in Thailand ....I read many posts re farang having cozy relationships with imm office. That does not apply in CW. Not because the officers have issues etc. Its due to vast number of folk attending that office. This post from op related to CW. 

So, now you are talking Chaeng Wattana, before you were betting on not BKK. What´s next? So, you do not believe there is a possibility to have a good relation with IO´s working in an well visited office? Hmmmm.... what is your next misstake?

Edited by Matzzon

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

@DrJack54I didn´t expect anything more than a laugh from you. That´s usually the last resort for the ones that can´t admit they ain´t got their portfolio under control.

Far from it. You do not even report to CW. 

Address the OP and spare us useless info from unrelated imm office. Every member on TVF is aware of different imm offices having their particular "rules"

BTW your original comment re tm30 rules is just plain WRONG. Fact your imm does not require it is irrelevant

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

So, now you are talking CW, before you were betting on not BKK. What´s next? So, you do not believe there is a possibility to have a good relation with IO´s working in an well visited office? Hmmmm.... what is your next misstake?

CW imm is BKK.

Geez. Did you read the OP.

Fella attended CW. Lives in bkk

Edited by DrJack54

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Far from it. You do not even report to CW. 

Address the OP and spare us useless info from unrelated imm office. Every member on TVF is aware of different imm offices having their particular "rules"

BTW your original comment re tm30 rules is just plain WRONG. Fact your imm does not require it is irrelevant

Guss that was the end of the discussion. Have a great one!