Non-O vs Non-B Visa

Hello,

I am going to work in Thailand.

Currently quite unsure, if it's better to keep my Non-O visa or get the Non-B visa.

Any advices regarding that topic for me?

Normally I would like to keep my Non-O visa state.

The renewal of the workpermit can be done together with the Non-B visa, that I know.

If hold the Non-O visa, the renewal of both has to be done separately.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, booltrue said:

Currently quite unsure, if it's better to keep my Non-O visa or get the Non-B visa.

Any advices regarding that topic for me?

What basis was your Non 'O' issued, and what is the job?

If you are the spouse or parent of a Thai you can keep your Non 'O', apply for a work permit, and be able to work once the work permit is issued. Whenever possible it is usually better to keep the basis of your permission to stay separate from your permission to work.

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, booltrue said:

yes it's a spouse non-o visa and I am going to work as engineer

You can get a work permit and work with a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai.

You can use income from working proven by tax payments to meet the 40k baht requirement to apply for the extension.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, booltrue said:

yes it's a spouse non-o visa and I am going to work as engineer

Then I’d recommend you apply for the work permit using your non ‘O’ visa status. 

And apply for your 1 year extension of stay, each year, as a spouse and not based on your work. You can use the income from your work to meet the financial qualification of the extension (spouse), or show them 400K in the bank.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Both, income from work, or 400K THB on an bank account, would be possible for me.

How this works with the 90-day reporting at immigration office?

Do I have to go there personally or email would be fine?

Could this be done at every immigration office nearby?

Or do I have to go to the immigration office where it has been applied for?

How this works with the 1 year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai and also with renewal process after 1 year?

Do I have to go there with my wife together?

I ask, because my wife works outside the country and wont be permanently in Thailand.

35 minutes ago, booltrue said:

Do I have to go there personally or email would be fine?

You can do 90 day reporting in person or by mail or online. No email reporting.

35 minutes ago, booltrue said:

Or do I have to go to the immigration office where it has been applied for?

The office where your extension was issued unless you formally change your address to another province,

43 minutes ago, booltrue said:

How this works with the 1 year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai and also with renewal process after 1 year?

Do I have to go there with my wife together?

You apply and  then you are given a under consideration stamp with a report back date 30 days from the day you apply for from the datey your current permit stay ends at some offices. On that day you will get the one year extension stamp. Same procedure to apply for a new  extension  every year.

You wife has to be with you when you apply for the extension.

• Thanks 1

After arrived in Thailand, when do I have to apply for an extension?

Just after entered the country, or before the visa expires?

Is the current NON-O-Visa applicable for getting the workpermit?

If yes, how about when getting the extension, anything to change regarding the workpermit? Or how does it work?

Does my wife need to be with me for that process, or only later for the extension application?

4 minutes ago, booltrue said:

After arrived in Thailand, when do I have to apply for an extension?

Just after entered the country, or before the visa expires?

On entry to the country you’ll be given a stay for 90 days. You apply for the extension in the last 30 days of that entry.

9 minutes ago, booltrue said:

Is the current NON-O-Visa applicable for getting the workpermit?

Yes, you can apply for a WP with a Non ‘O’ permit to stay.

9 minutes ago, booltrue said:

If yes, how about when getting the extension, anything to change regarding the workpermit? Or how does it work?

Does my wife need to be with me for that process, or only later for the extension application?

Your wife is not involved at all in applying for a WP. She will only be involved in applying for an extension of stay if you apply as her spouse.

Are you planning to apply for an extension as a spouse; if so are you using 40K pm income from abroad, 400K in the bank, or income from your job in Thailand?

Yes, I will apply for an extension as a spouse and will use 400K in the bank

(I want to get/keep the status with the 400k in bank).

I just want to be sure about the process because I am not going together with my wife to Thailand and I have to start work, and the company has to arrange the workpermit for me when I arrive in Thailand.

For the workpermit I decided to keep my NON-O Visa, that will be then converted to an extension stay. So the workpermit will be given to the Non-O Visa, after converted to the extension stay based upon marriage, anything to change regarding the workpermit?

My wife she will be in Thailand later on, if I have to apply for the extension based upon marriage.

2 hours ago, booltrue said:

Yes, I will apply for an extension as a spouse and will use 400K in the bank

(I want to get/keep the status with the 400k in bank).

I just want to be sure about the process because I am not going together with my wife to Thailand and I have to start work, and the company has to arrange the workpermit for me when I arrive in Thailand.

For the workpermit I decided to keep my NON-O Visa, that will be then converted to an extension stay. So the workpermit will be given to the Non-O Visa, after converted to the extension stay based upon marriage, anything to change regarding the workpermit?

My wife she will be in Thailand later on, if I have to apply for the extension based upon marriage.

No there will be no change to your WP when you apply for the extension of stay.

Because you’re extending as a spouse your permit to stay and permit to work are not reliant on each other; which is the best way to proceed.

• Thanks 1