UK PM contender Johnson challenges rival to commit to Oct. 31 Brexit date

Jonathan Fairfield

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well I would not debate with Hunt either he should change his H for a C because most people in the NHS in UK think that is what he is and a useless one too.

If johnson wants to be pm he should stop avoiding debate and difficult questions. 

As to hunt being what what you call him, most leading tories are.

Including johnson. 

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

If johnson wants to be pm he should stop avoiding debate and difficult questions. 

Including johnson. 

You don't get it Boris will be PM. I'll send you money for a beer if I'm wrong. ????

34 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Including johnson. 

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Your post #31  " If johnson wants to be pm "

It’s clear I was saying what a deserved pm would do. As opposed to a coward. 

I never said johnson won’t be made pm by a tiny minority of the british electorate. 

8 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I never said johnson won’t be made pm by a tiny minority of the british electorate. 

Well I like Boris I don't like (x)unt so I don't care what you think.

Let’s leave the EU, our biggest trading partner..... people who bang on about the Battle of Britain thinking it has relevance to Brexit are in for a shock when they lose their jobs in engineering firms dependent on EU trade relations. How could a knob like Farage cause so much damage, how was this allowed to happen with their red double decker bus of lies..... the UK has lost all credibility within Europe.

Yeah good time to go now with Italy causing EU trouble hope others follow suit and let doomed club collapse.
I wonder when Germany will say enough is enough themselves. 
The hard pressed German taxpayers will soon be letting their representatives know their feelings re being the paymaster for the subsidy junkie eu states imo.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

The hard pressed German taxpayers will soon be letting their representatives know their feelings re being the paymaster for the subsidy junkie eu states imo.

Yeah maybe off topic but it's hard to predict what will happen, I'm just a ex UK guy remembering what my Dad said to me after being in ww2 and the UK wanted to to join the EEC or whatever it was called I was too young to give a dam.  

The auto industry, the B of E governor, British Diplomats overseas, ex ministers of stature etc etc. have all told these clowns this is a train wreck.

Yet on they plod. 

I don't know how the working class are expecting bread and circuses after this dogs Brexit when the big end of town are squealing like pressed pigs.

But there's no limit to dense.

They'll have a blue passport and need a visa (probably not free either) to get bladdered in Torremolinos, then start a fight with the 'filthy Spaniards'. Thailand will be too expensive by then as the quid tanks even more, never to hold pole position in the world again.

All hail Boris 'Wellington' he's about to fall at his own Waterloo.

9 hours ago, Small Joke said:

The auto industry, the B of E governor, British Diplomats overseas, ex ministers of stature etc etc. have all told these clowns this is a train wreck.

Yet on they plod. 

I don't know how the working class are expecting bread and circuses after this dogs Brexit when the big end of town are squealing like pressed pigs.

But there's no limit to dense.

They'll have a blue passport and need a visa (probably not free either) to get bladdered in Torremolinos, then start a fight with the 'filthy Spaniards'. Thailand will be too expensive by then as the quid tanks even more, never to hold pole position in the world again.

All hail Boris 'Wellington' he's about to fall at his own Waterloo.

13 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Right then post your face pic on here. If you don't you are a coward. So it is easy calling someone a coward. If Johnson believes he shouldn't have to answer questions on his personal life that's his prerogative, as is yours no putting your face pic on here. Or are you a coward!

17 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Right then post your face pic on here. If you don't you are a coward. So it is easy calling someone a coward. If Johnson believes he shouldn't have to answer questions on his personal life that's his prerogative, as is yours no putting your face pic on here. Or are you a coward!

Certainly don’t duck out of facing audiences, meetings or answering questions, which are intended to demonstrate I actually do know what I am talking about and have realistic/honest plans, as part of my chosen career. 

So no, in the context of johnson’s avoidance of such situations, I’m not. 

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Certainly don’t duck out of facing audiences, meetings or answering questions, which are intended to demonstrate I actually do know what I am talking about and have realistic/honest plans, as part of my chosen career. 

So no, in the context of johnson’s avoidance of such situations, I’m not. 

He has faced audiences but just not the ones you want or others. He has every right to select which ones he wants to. I is still a democracy. people can vote for him or not. It just seems to be typical remoaner rhetoric on trying everything then can do, to discredit Johnson. Not to worry he will be PM soon so all the screaming and stamping their feet will be for nothing.

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

He has faced audiences but just not the ones you want or others. He has every right to select which ones he wants to. I is still a democracy. people can vote for him or not. It just seems to be typical remoaner rhetoric on trying everything then can do, to discredit Johnson. Not to worry he will be PM soon so all the screaming and stamping their feet will be for nothing.

If he is to be pm he will have to face hostile audiences and answer questions not to his liking. 

The fact he will not do so is not a trait of a fit for purpose leader. 

There is need to discredit johnson, he does the job nicely unaided. 

Just now, Bluespunk said:

If he is to be pm he will have to face hostile audiences and answer questions not to his liking. 

The fact he will not do so is not a trait of a fit for purpose leader. 

There is need to discredit johnson, he does the job nicely unaided. 

Then he will face them. Not because you demand or anyone else.

So many people keep saying that he discredits himself. Why the constant barrage of Johnson then if you know that! Seems a waste of time or maybe you are just bricking it as he will take the K out of the EU, finally.

14 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Then he will face them. Not because you demand or anyone else.

So many people keep saying that he discredits himself. Why the constant barrage of Johnson then if you know that! Seems a waste of time or maybe you are just bricking it as he will take the K out of the EU, finally.

He has already run from two debates and refused to answer questions not to his liking.

Combined with his threat to close parliament to get through a brexit deal, means he is not fit for purpose.

I post on johnson during the current leadership race because I choose to. I'm interested in seeing who the tiny minority of voters taking part in the vote, will choose the next pm of the uk.

No doubt the rest of the country will get a say when johnson is sure he can win or he is forced to do so by statute...

I don't care if the uk is in the EU or not.

I'm not british.

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

He has already run from two debates and refused to answer questions not to his liking.

Combined with his threat to close parliament to get through a brexit deal, means he is not fit for purpose.

I post on johnson during the current leadership race because I choose to. I'm interested in seeing who the tiny minority of voters taking part in the vote, will choose the next pm of the uk.

No doubt the rest of the country will get a say when johnson is sure he can win or he is forced to do so by statute...

I don't care if the uk is in the EU or not.

I'm not british. 

As for not being British I can tell as i am sure many can with your anti British rhetoric. Debates are questionable like the BBC one. Whats the point of taking the same crap over and over again. He out debates hunt anyway.

As for this statement really. "I don't care if the uk is in the EU or not." From your activity on these thread that statement is absolutely rubbish.

14 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

As for not being British I can tell as i am sure many can with your anti British rhetoric. Debates are questionable like the BBC one. Whats the point of taking the same crap over and over again. He out debates hunt anyway.

As for this statement really. "I don't care if the uk is in the EU or not." From your activity on these thread that statement is absolutely rubbish.

I’m not anti-british. Please explain where you get that from?

The point of debates is someone who dodges two of them is unwilling to face scrutiny. Not an admirable trait in a leader. 

I don’t care about the uk being in or out of EU, but that doesn’t mean I am not interested by the antics of those such as johnson, a man who is so blinded by the end prize he is prepared to suspend parliament to get his way. 

However, I am sure he would go to the country before taking such an authoritarian measure, and not just assume a vote from the tory faithful is enough... 

Interesting article in the FT 

"Johnson and Hunt are both May continuity candidates. Reality admits of little else. All they are competing over is who can best convince Tory party members that this is not the case."

https://www.ft.com/content/f6eb4d34-981d-11e9-8cfb-30c211dcd229

In case you can't read it due to the paywall, let me paraphrase.

Martin's argument is that there's very limited wiggle-room as far as the withdrawal agreement is concerned. The choice is no Brexit, no deal, or Theresa May's deal with a bit of glitter on it. Furthermore, he reckons that what's been said so far - particularly by Johnson - is largely compatible with the original-deal-plus-glitter approach. He doesn't think either Johnson or Hunt would (or could) go for no-deal. 

Neither would they cancel Brexit. Therefore when you have eliminated the impossible, what remains, however improbable, must be the truth. The old deal, plus glitter, but don't tell the Conservative Party members.

Archived