The mother of all U-turns? Prawit names Big Joke on police rules committee

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

These people have more faces than Big Ben.    You can't trust a single word that comes from any of their mouth's, born cheats and liars the lot of them.

Now let's be fair, it's all a misunderstanding and can be explained quite simply, The truth and them are strangers, they have never met...!!!

26 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

But it's just what the Big Controller wants Thomas, and with a big puff of steam Thomas the Tank engine puffed off

a What If?

- What If Alec Baldwin  was able to expand his parody repertoire, to include speaking in  Thai!!

Big Joke latest: Meeting happening NOW to discuss former poster boy's future

image.jpeg

The story of Lt Gen Surachate Hakparn continued to dominate the Thai media today. 

Mono29 TV devoted their entire afternoon program to the latest news that Surachate - known universally as Big Joke - had been named on a sub-committee for police rules and procedures. 

Their program was trumpeted as "Big Joke Comeback" using the English word for comeback in Thai.

This came despite DPM Prawit Wongsuwan saying earlier that there was no way back into the police for Surachate after he was transferred to a clerical role at the PM's office in April. 

Mono29 quoted a government official as saying that non-police members can sit on the committee and there was nothing unusual in that. He was on the committee in an advisory capacity due to his role at the PM's office. 

But there were conflicting opinions coming from the main players in both the police and government circles. 

Pol Gen Wirachai Songmetta who heads the committee indicated that after the news about Surachate being on the committee became public knowledge there may be moves to remove him from the list. 

RTP chief Gen Chakthip Chaijinda was questioned extensively by reporters and seemed unsure as to whether Surachate could sit on the committee.

Deputy Prime Minister and government legal affairs expert Visan Krea-ngarm suggested that Surachate had merely been transferred from his role as immigration chief to the PM office. 

Therefore if he was to go back it would not be a big deal. File footage of PM Prayut Chan-ocha commenting on Surachate was also shown. 

The media spoke of Surachate's very high profile and seeming fall from grace. They said that at the height of his police power he was announcing the resolution of three to seven cases a day. 

He was involved in call center busts, clearing up romance scams, arresting illegal foreigners and those on overstay.

The TV media said that while they were on air at 3.15 pm a meeting was being convened to discuss Big Joke's immediate future and whether he would be allowed to sit on the police rules committee. 

More news on this breaking story as we hear of it. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-26

8 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The important committee

Oh oh REALLY, yes  yes  your'e  very  important. Bunch of  losers!

Success to date "skinhead haircut "  for  all  Police.....well done, needed a  committee.

8 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Looks like BJ has been talking to the generals dead friend for this resurrection ????

"Hullo Tic toc - This is Joke"

"I thought I got rid of you.  What do you want?"

"About that stuff I found out- - - - - "

"WHAT !"

"The stuff I found out - You know - - "

"OK - What do you want - - - - - "

"Oh, just something nice - easy - well-paid - - - - "

" I just told the press you're dead.  What do I do about that?"

"Your problem brother - - - "

Archived