BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

Police chief transferred for allowing prostitution in Pattaya, foreign bar owners deported and blacklisted

8 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Why would her prints be on file?  

Every farang coming in is on file now, so why not the locals too?

Biometric data to the id card. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, svaldezi said:

Does that mean the end of prostitution in Pattaya then?😄

Could well be the 'beginning of the end'.  thaksin sort of  'went' for the drug trade as his scrapegoat..wouldnt be any surprise if they saw such open   prostitution  as a 'blot that needs cleaning.

Now that the bar has been closed down, Pattaya is as virtuous as Bangkok, where "There are no Brothels in this city" 🙂

7 hours ago, SammyT said:

Poisoned chalice being the chief of police there if they're gonna get transferred every time prostitution is found...

Wouldn't be worth taking the risk of paying for the position if its going to be short term. 

You would not get the investment back. 

What a stupid lie to say there is no prostitution in Pattaya.All the go go bars both Male and female are all prostitution bars.Clients choose someone and off them and take them away for sex .If they were serious about ending prostitution they would close all the gogobars.What a farce.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Never been a bar manager eh?  That means you would have to take every employee to the police station to have ID checked.  I've never seen it done.  But you are correct if a person actually did that it might work.  Why would her prints be on file?  

I asked my wife. The fingerprints are saved on the ID card. So the police can find out if the owner of the ID card is the person in front of you. 

No, I never was a bar owner. But if I would be one and I have doubt if the girl shows me her ID I would do it to be safe for sure. What happens if somebody doesn´t you see in this case.

Damn! The nonsense just seems to go on and on...maybe the boss is going on long service leave and his deputies are being promoted and moved to different posts? All being moved on means it's someone else's turn!! 

Posted (edited)

Is the similar to Luck You bar still open? You used to get scratch cards every time you bought a drink and if your number came up you could get a freebie from one of the girls. If I Remember  rightly  it was run by an American guy. The problem with the system was that by the time you hit ( I never did ) the jackpot you were too out of it to make it to the staircase. 

Edited by bikerbri
Moderated.

7 hours ago, BestB said:

Can not help but feel sorry for the owners who invested a lot of money and now lost it all overnight for doing something everyone else does , including neighbors to the left and right and opposite. 

I agree, but they should have been more careful with hiring an underage girl. I would not be surprised if that was why the bar was raided.

But none of the bars own by Thais has prostitution. Thais wouldn't offer prostitution now would they? Lol! 

Isaan housing crisis and economical meltdown forthcoming! 

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I agree, but they should have been more careful with hiring an underage girl. I would not be surprised if that was why the bar was raided.

As I pointed out earlier , I doubt owners even knew. It’s mamasan job to recruit and look after the girls .

it is also possible she has used fake id to get a job but showed real one when raided.

if employing underage was their thing , I am certain they would have had more than 1

• Like 1

7 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

It's their own fault as they were taking jobs 'reserved for Thai's '  !

So all these western bar owners should have their bars shut down then deported?:crazy:

What a stupid lie to say there is no prostitution in Pattaya.All the go go bars both Male and female are all prostitution bars.Clients choose someone and off them and take them away for sex .If they were serious about ending prostitution they would close all the gogobars.What a farce.
Blame the inaccurate reporting or translation. There is nothing illegal in paying someone for sexual services in the privacy of your own home or a hotel. Barfining girls is also not illegal. Providing sexual services on the premises is illegal, as is underage prostitution. Most gogos, bars and massage places operate within the law.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1