BANGKOK 19 August 2019 13:47
Jonathan Fairfield

Police chief transferred for allowing prostitution in Pattaya, foreign bar owners deported and blacklisted

Posted (edited)

All bars are brothels and the foreigners should know that pimping is a reserved job for Thais. How dare these foreigners pimping Thai girls and making a living out of their labor. Completely unacceptable. 

Edited by onera1961

On 6/26/2019 at 6:35 AM, petemoss said:

More likely to be down to who donated the biggest brown envelope.

The 30 day "envelope":

image.png.e3a5a55b124b1af0e71e4b3232ab6058.png

17 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Well run Go Gos still thrive. New ones are being open all the time. High bar fines kill go go bars. 

I always felt it was more the drink prices and the sometimes underhand ways employed to get more money out of you. Some GGBs are aimed at the quick barfiners but I always felt they were immune to the high price. 

14 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Maybe not universally, but that's how it is considered under Thai law. Take a look at The Entertainment Places Act that regulates gogos and massage places. It even stipulates that service providers must wear numbers!

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I was curious about reading more so I followed up on it.  The entertainment places act to some extent contradicts the prostitution act and both are intentionally ambiguous and generally enforced poorly, the reason given seems to be that neither law was wanted in Thailand but American influence pressed for both.  The only law that seems to be enforced with enthusiasm and rightfully so is the law protecting minors.  In other words GoGo bars well violate the law on prostitution under its ambiguous definition in Thailand - but are vaguely protected under the Entertainment Places Act which was tacked on to protect the owners of the bars.  Sadly there are few elements in either law to protect the sex workers themselves - legalising prostitution and properly authorizing establishments as venues would allow for much greater protection of the girls as it has in Australia and other countries where this has taken place

• Like 1

I don't even know where to start with this. It falls apart wherever you touch.

better leave it alone as it's a waste of time to analyze this.

Instead I will say this:

Lion asks camel why his neck is all crooked.

Camel sighs and replies: Do you see a part of me that isn't !?!

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

The only law that seems to be enforced with enthusiasm and rightfully so is the law protecting minors

Let alone enforcing it, are you sure Thais give a flying duck about minors working as sex workers?is that why most of them work in provinces from their early or mid-teens to 18 and when they become "too-old" as they turn 18, they head to Bkk and Pats bars.

The only reason they pretend to enforce, ok ok! the reason they do enforce it in Pats is the international pressure.

Edited by pattayadude

22 hours ago, pattayadude said:

Let alone enforcing it, are you sure Thais give a flying duck about minors working as sex workers?is that why most of them work in provinces from their early or mid-teens to 18 and when they become "too-old" as they turn 18, they head to Bkk and Pats bars.

The only reason they pretend to enforce, ok ok! the reason they do enforce it in Pats is the international pressure.

Yes international pressure agreed.