Police chief transferred for allowing prostitution in Pattaya, foreign bar owners deported and blacklisted

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, BestB said:

Can not help but feel sorry for the owners who invested a lot of money and now lost it all overnight for doing something everyone else does , including neighbors to the left and right and opposite. 

people who traffic underage girls don't invoke my sympathy at all and I don't care if the world is doing it...

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Why is it, I'd like to know, that in the wake of these supposed 5 year closure orders, we NEVER hear any followup of what actually happens with these places???

I think I can almost guarantee, that the space held by this bar is NOT going to sit vacant for the next 5 years. Probably will reopen as another bar in the not too distant future, probably with a new name and with new tenants/lessees. And the Thai owner of the (land) property will probably continue making money off prostitution, et al...

A bar on Soi Chaiapoom (opposite the Triangle Bar) was closed for 5 years, a couple of years ago, for repeated offences regarding closing time. It's still closed. Prime spot for a bar too.

14 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I lived on Soi Six for a while and am familiar with the place.  Lot of nice and not so nice people there but never boring.  

Not familiar enough to know approximately how many bars there are there. Where did you live on the 6?

15 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

people who traffic underage girls don't invoke my sympathy at all and I don't care if the world is doing it...

1 17 year old girl working in a bar willingly and without coercion is hardly people trafficking.

12 minutes ago, petemoss said:

A bar on Soi Chaiapoom (opposite the Triangle Bar) was closed for 5 years, a couple of years ago, for repeated offences regarding closing time. It's still closed. Prime spot for a bar too.

Thanks for the info on that... Good to know... 

But I confess to being a bit surprised... Because, I always operate from the basic assumption that money trumps almost everything here.  But I'm happy to be rarely proven wrong about that!!  :biggrin:

Many years ago in cm they was  a bar karaoke  type bar owned by the police.i think they still own it quiet soi .never a problem always open at night.maybe the police will be the new owners soon for the soi 6 bar in pattaya.then they will never have a problem 

Holmes says, first this cop decides to shame the country by making a big show at walking street then making ludicrous statements, then he decides to follow requests of all brown envelopers on soi 6 to get rid of the new (foreign) guy on the block, again shaming the country by admitting what he said did not exist a week before, and he needs to be taken out pronto, which was done.

New guy will think before he leaps, methinks.

The chief of the Pattaya police and four of his high ranking deputies have all been transferred after a raid on Coming Bar in Soi 6, Pattaya, uncovered sex for sale and an underage sex worker. 

The foreign owners are all being deported and blacklisted. 

And the Bang Lamung district chief has ordered the bar shut for five years for damaging the image of tourism in Pattaya and Thailand.

I hear Inspector Clouseau is looking for a new position - fit right in as this whole thing is a joke..!!

There is only one reasonable explanation for the closure of this bar. Someone was not getting his a share. 

As for the police chief? Has to be something else. Nothing whatsoever to do with prostitution. That is a crock. Total BS and a whitewash. 

18 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There is only one reasonable explanation for the closure of this bar. Someone was not getting his a share. 

As for the police chief? Has to be something else. Nothing whatsoever to do with prostitution. That is a crock. Total BS and a whitewash. 

They are needed in the PMs office as special advisors on preserving the good name of Thailand.

Possibly seconded to the Labour Office for Women

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Still, the cops shouldn't have been so dumb as to parade through Walking street and say there was no evidence of prostitution, when everyone knows it is going on everywhere. 

Agreed. A big mistake compounded by a bigger one by closing one bar. They should've just let it be. I find it a bit puzzling that such a fuss is made over one of the worlds oldest professions. Surely not in the top 10 of things that most people are concerned about. Although some living in the more remote regions may complain of a lack of it.????

3 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Channel 7 reported yesterday that the Chonburi police chief Pol Maj-Gen Nanthachart Suphamongkhon had axed the acting head of the Pattaya police Pol Col Pongphan Wongmaneethet and four of his deputies. 

The media did not say what was their immediate fate but they said that the transfer was for allowing prostitution to go on in Pattaya. 

That mean no prosecution or jail time for criminal and corrupted BIB, just transfer to other province where they can continue criminal activity. Sweep the garbage under the rug. 

Archived