Police chief transferred for allowing prostitution in Pattaya, foreign bar owners deported and blacklisted

Jonathan Fairfield

6 hours ago, svaldezi said:

Does that mean the end of prostitution in Pattaya then?????

Could well be the 'beginning of the end'.  thaksin sort of  'went' for the drug trade as his scrapegoat..wouldnt be any surprise if they saw such open   prostitution  as a 'blot that needs cleaning.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, SammyT said:

Poisoned chalice being the chief of police there if they're gonna get transferred every time prostitution is found...

Wouldn't be worth taking the risk of paying for the position if its going to be short term. 

You would not get the investment back. 

What a stupid lie to say there is no prostitution in Pattaya.All the go go bars both Male and female are all prostitution bars.Clients choose someone and off them and take them away for sex .If they were serious about ending prostitution they would close all the gogobars.What a farce.

7 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Never been a bar manager eh?  That means you would have to take every employee to the police station to have ID checked.  I've never seen it done.  But you are correct if a person actually did that it might work.  Why would her prints be on file?  

I asked my wife. The fingerprints are saved on the ID card. So the police can find out if the owner of the ID card is the person in front of you. 

No, I never was a bar owner. But if I would be one and I have doubt if the girl shows me her ID I would do it to be safe for sure. What happens if somebody doesn´t you see in this case.

Damn! The nonsense just seems to go on and on...maybe the boss is going on long service leave and his deputies are being promoted and moved to different posts? All being moved on means it's someone else's turn!! 

Is the similar to Luck You bar still open? You used to get scratch cards every time you bought a drink and if your number came up you could get a freebie from one of the girls. If I Remember  rightly  it was run by an American guy. The problem with the system was that by the time you hit ( I never did ) the jackpot you were too out of it to make it to the staircase. 

7 hours ago, BestB said:

Can not help but feel sorry for the owners who invested a lot of money and now lost it all overnight for doing something everyone else does , including neighbors to the left and right and opposite. 

I agree, but they should have been more careful with hiring an underage girl. I would not be surprised if that was why the bar was raided.

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I agree, but they should have been more careful with hiring an underage girl. I would not be surprised if that was why the bar was raided.

As I pointed out earlier , I doubt owners even knew. It’s mamasan job to recruit and look after the girls .

it is also possible she has used fake id to get a job but showed real one when raided.

if employing underage was their thing , I am certain they would have had more than 1

What a stupid lie to say there is no prostitution in Pattaya.All the go go bars both Male and female are all prostitution bars.Clients choose someone and off them and take them away for sex .If they were serious about ending prostitution they would close all the gogobars.What a farce.
Blame the inaccurate reporting or translation. There is nothing illegal in paying someone for sexual services in the privacy of your own home or a hotel. Barfining girls is also not illegal. Providing sexual services on the premises is illegal, as is underage prostitution. Most gogos, bars and massage places operate within the law.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, BestB said:

Plenty of army generals with nothing to do but a title to their name ????

I think there is as many Generals and Colonals in the police as in the army.:cheesy:

I wonder how long it will be till there is a Field Marshall.

Shower of posers paying for their fancy ranks.

6 hours ago, LennyW said:

So 40 or 50 bars in the same soi doing the same thing and this one was singled out....hmmm!

5 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

There are 50 bars on Soi Six?  

Maybe that will teach them to make sure that the brown envelopes arrive in time in future.

5 hours ago, petemoss said:

A bar on Soi Chaiapoom (opposite the Triangle Bar) was closed for 5 years, a couple of years ago, for repeated offences regarding closing time. It's still closed. Prime spot for a bar too.

Funny that, that means there will be one brown envelope short at the end of the month.

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

Every farang coming in is on file now, so why not the locals too?

Biometric data to the id card. 

Do Thai service staff give police finger prints.  If you don't know you can say that.  Maybe their prints are in some kind of file on the id card.  

1 hour ago, CNXexpat said:

I asked my wife. The fingerprints are saved on the ID card. So the police can find out if the owner of the ID card is the person in front of you. 

No, I never was a bar owner. But if I would be one and I have doubt if the girl shows me her ID I would do it to be safe for sure. What happens if somebody doesn´t you see in this case.

There are no prints on a Thai ID card to my knowledge.  Did you look at your wife's?  Maybe in some kind of chip in the card?  Never noticed.  When I was involved with that stuff the girls traded ID's all the time.  So never thought they had prints or anyone checked them.  

15 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I think there is as many Generals and Colonals in the police as in the army.:cheesy:

I wonder how long it will be till there is a Field Marshall.

Shower of posers paying for their fancy ranks.

And still receiving full pay, retirement benefits, snouts firmly in the public trough

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

There are no prints on a Thai ID card to my knowledge.  Did you look at your wife's?  

I had my fingerprints taken when I obtained my Thai ID card.

Edit. Just both thumbprints.

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

There's never a dull moment here is there? Still, the cops shouldn't have been so dumb as to parade through Walking street and say there was no evidence of prostitution, when everyone knows it is going on everywhere. Closing a bar for 5 years for " damaging the image of tourism in Pattaya and Thailand ", is a laugh too. Rest of the soi and most of town are doing exactly the same. Problem is of course, if they did really stamp it out, there would be even less people in town and Soi 6 would be renamed Soi Ghost Town.

Ah yes  but "note" FILTHY FOREIGNERS!

Archived