Police chief transferred for allowing prostitution in Pattaya, foreign bar owners deported and blacklisted

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Reading somewhere that you give them when getting a sim card too but I don't remember ever doing that.  

I got a deal that was only available to Thais for my sim card so my wife got it for me. Don't know about fingerprints.

will they move the 200.000 professionals to other parts of the country?

when people anywhere in the world say to their friends or family:  I am going to thailand, they think about ...  specially if they are single...

blinders on everybody

3 minutes ago, craigieboy1973 said:

I guess nightwish group dogs another bar owner......not enough tea money

They better hope it is not confirmed as acting police chief and 4 deputies highly unlikely to let this one go and do have friends ????

not to mention Chinese owners may not be very forgiving either 

Partner in bar on Patpong 2 (Cloud 9) centuries ago. Guaranteed no underage, not seniors but nice ladies. Buy ladies a drink or two and if she was amenable, reasonable buy out and away they went. Never in the three years there did I have a bad news situation twixt lady and customer. Never went with any of our ladies and all knew that was the standard. Enjoyed until big bucks of Sudan, Saudi Arabia and finally a bad year in Nigeria (not recommended for employment). Cloud 9 was remodeled somewhat and owned by farang (who got screwed out) and an old conniving Thai. Closest I've been to Patpong since was Lawyers office in building across the street. Got back money I put in both in cash and fun. Now safely and happily married.

24 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Reading somewhere that you give them when getting a sim card too but I don't remember ever doing that.  

No did not happen to me, may have changed though

8 hours ago, z42 said:

Where to even begin with this. Probably the most pathetic part is that trusty "damaged Pattaya and Thailand's reputation" line.

Unless they're shutting down the 1000 plus other bars and gogos in Pattaya I am not buying whatever reasoning they give.

Why would they shut down all the bars or agogos? There may be thousands of them in Pattaya, but only a very few in which there  is prostitution.

Most bars in fact are open-bars, and it would be rather difficult to have sex in such places :tongue:

Impossible! - the police just scoured walking street and found not a single hooker! ;).... on another note - isnt allowing a crime a crime as a police officer.  Shouldnt he be criminally charged?  What sort of message does this send other officers?  A joke!!

1 minute ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Impossible! - the police just scoured walking street and found not a single hooker! ????

1- The bar in the OP is in Soi 6, far from Walking Street :wink:

2- They didn't say they didn't find hookers, but prostitution,

and despite what many said on this forum (suppose prostitution everywhere on WS), I don't know places on Walking Street where you can have sex. So the policemen may have been right.

Very different in Soi 6 with rooms available over the bars...

46 minutes ago, craigieboy1973 said:

I guess nightwish group dogs another bar owner......not enough tea money

They better hope it is not confirmed as acting police chief and 4 deputies highly unlikely to let this one go and do have friends 

not to mention Chinese owners may not be very forgiving either

"Remember 'Miss B'haven' last year....so twice now.   

Karma will intervene". 

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

There are no prints on a Thai ID card to my knowledge.  Did you look at your wife's?  Maybe in some kind of chip in the card?  Never noticed.  When I was involved with that stuff the girls traded ID's all the time.  So never thought they had prints or anyone checked them.  

They are on the chip on the ID card.

31 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

and despite what many said on this forum (suppose prostitution everywhere on WS), I don't know places on Walking Street where you can have sex. S

It is easier to find shorttime rooms in Walking street then Soi 6.
The rooms are just no longer allowed on the premises.

6 minutes ago, Bastos60 said:

It is easier to find shorttime rooms in Walking street then Soi 6.

The rooms are just no longer allowed on the premises.

Easier?? You must be joking?

I never needed one, but I know only one place in Walking Street that can be used for ST rooms: "Walking Street GuestHouses" (or something similar).

In Soi 6 there are hundreds or rooms ! No possible comparison.

As you would need to be blind, deaf and brain dead if you failed to realize what Soi 6 is all about when walking the length of it, why didn't they raid some other bars in the neighborhood after the raid party hit gold in the one mentioned? Whatever reason they were singled out for, this saga is a complete and utter joke.

1 hour ago, petemoss said:

More likely to be down to who donated the biggest brown envelope.

Police were tipped off by the Ronnasit Foundation.  

Besides being the bar in Soi 6 there probably were suspicions of girls being sent to Taiwan to work in Brothels/massage parlors and then having a minor in the bar working, that is the final straw anywhere. 

3 minutes ago, Caldera said:

As you would need to be blind, deaf and brain dead if you failed to realize what Soi 6 is all about when walking the length of it, why didn't they raid some other bars in the neighborhood after the raid party hit gold in the one mentioned? Whatever reason they were singled out for, this saga is a complete and utter joke.

There is an earlier article written about the events that happened at that bar. 

The bar was not singled out, they received information on certain issues in that bar. 

The job of Pattaya police chief is said to be worth well over 20 million a month in gross income and must cost at least 100 million in tea money plus monthly rental. This must be a dispute about payment in this big money position.

12 minutes ago, pegman said:

There is discussion going on about the raid in the "Bars" section of P.A.'s

Not that I can see. There have been 2 threads started on it in the last 24 hours. Both were quickly closed without explanation. PM me on PA pointing out the thread if I'm wrong. (same board name).

Archived