Border bounce with denial of entry stamp

1 minute ago, balo said:

Anyone who is not a genuine tourist, will be at risk being questioned and harassed by the IO. It doesn't matter if you worked here legally for 20 years,

It's like they ask us to leave the country and never return, no wonder most people are fed up.  

Actually especially if you have worked here for 20 years and today try to enter as a tourist.

35 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Actually especially if you have worked here for 20 years and today try to enter as a tourist.

That is not far off a description of my circumstances.

1 hour ago, lkv said:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1103209-thai-elite-visa-application-rejected-for-accidental-2-day-overstay/?do=findComment&comment=14189869

"The only bonus you have there is you can get theoretically a PR after paying income tax for 3 years at least. But my friends PRs all got declined recently so i wouldn't count at that anyway..."

Point taken but it's still case by case.

Edited by scorecard

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Point taken but it's still cse by case.

Just food for thought.

Why would one want to go through all that PR hassle nowadays, and at the end be hit with inconsistency?

People are trying to do the right thing just to get screw#d. 

Just like they invent imaginary 6 month tourist visa rules in OP's case, they can invent whatever they want for a PR case. Or just refuse, why bother to invent a reason. It's not like they are held accountable by any higher body.

Agents and tea money would most likely change negative outcomes though.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1