Hotel in South Korea blacklisted me and called me a prostitute, says Thai woman

Jonathan Fairfield

Hotel in South Korea blacklisted me and called me a prostitute, says Thai woman

san4.jpg

Image: Sanook

A furious Thai woman went on Twitter to vent her rage at being called a "low life", "poor" and a "prostitute" by staff at a hotel in Incheon, South Korea. 

Sanook reported that the woman found herself on a blacklist of hoteliers in the city.

The spat began when the woman was asked to update credit card details after she lost her card. 

She claimed she was given too little time before the hotel cancelled her reservation and started to have a go at her. 

She tried to explain her dilemma and understood that some Thais have a bad name for working illegally in South Korea but she was not one of them. 

But the hotel called her names saying Thai people were "poor people poor life". 

They said that Thais were well known for reneging on hotel reservations. 

The woman said she eventually used the credit card of an English friend she was travelling with. 

In recent years Thaivisa has reported several stories that suggest up to 20,000 Thais are working illegally in South Korea. Some are in the flesh trade.

Many Thais have had problems trying to get into South Korea being turned back by immigration if their paperwork is not in order. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-26

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Koreans are not a happy people, Every weekend there is some sort of protest. One week for something next week, those against the same issue.

Driving into Seoul one day, seen at least 300 riot dressed police. They were standing shoulder to should in a square. Glimpsed and few people inside the square in wheelchairs. Found out on the news that night it was a protest by 10 paraplegics in wheelchairs protesting no wheelchair entrance into that subway station.

Guess they thought they may get out of hand. Crazy! 

Best advice for this lady is find another room or leave Korea and then be happy.

One of my friends at the time about 55 had a difficult time with European visas. Event though she explained to the guy that she had three houses and three Audi's and showed him her car keys. He still didn't believe she would return home. 

“Poor people, poor life”

The Koreans know the deal. So do the Japanese and Chinese who also look down on Thais. Their reputation follows them everywhere. Perhaps they should work on improving it.

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

S. Korean has by far, the most sour faces i have ever seen, no happy people there, grumpy looking and not always polite, much like Russian when they're not drunk...

and you come across as such a happy-go-lucky kind of fellow ???? 

With just about every corner of the world populated by "Thai massages", it's not a surprise the assumptions are made. Cure is for Thais to get their <deleted> together and get educated and get higher level jobs than working in a knock shop. Ain't going to happen for a few generations at least, especially not with the current usurpers.

"In recent years Thaivisa has reported several stories that suggest up to 20,000 Thais are working illegally in South Korea. Some are in the flesh trade."

Thais should be outraged! Just because one is suspected of entering the country to work illegally does not warrant the outrageous behavior on behalf of the hotel. What next? Will korean hotels be required to copy passports and report foreigner's arrival to immigration authorities? Will Korean immigration arrest, detain, deport and blacklist a Thai national for working illegally? This brutish behavior would never be tolerated in Thailand...????

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

one of my girlfriends is working there now.

she is so beautiful I knew the Korean men would not let her leave. Went for 90 days and it has been 9 months now.

We text about once a week.

Would that be after sex text?

6 minutes ago, Uptooyoo said:

"In recent years Thaivisa has reported several stories that suggest up to 20,000 Thais are working illegally in South Korea. Some are in the flesh trade."

Thais should be outraged! Just because one is suspected of entering the country to work illegally does not warrant the outrageous behavior on behalf of the hotel. What next? Will korean hotels be required to copy passports and report foreigner's arrival to immigration authorities? Will Korean immigration arrest, detain, deport and blacklist a Thai national for working illegally? This brutish behavior would never be tolerated in Thailand...????

hope so.

and 3 weekly reports to police station, with copies of all documents.

A Tm-30 every time you move out side of the county,  you are in.

and cancel all long term visas' for Thai people,

only 12 month extension of stay, granted every year, if we feel like it.

and no buying real-estate whats so ever, and never allowed to work, with the only exception being in massage parlours.

welcome to the new Uk, if i had my way.

wonder if they would start to cry. and try and take you to court over racism and what ever else they don't like. 

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

one of my girlfriends is working there now.

she is so beautiful I knew the Korean men would not let her leave. Went for 90 days and it has been 9 months now.

We text about once a week.

I take it that you've got a substitute.

1 hour ago, BahnTH said:

Grumpy racist sod at some hotel, doesn't follow the whole country is full of <deleted>.

There are awful people in every country. It's a universal rule.

Yeah, I know. However, I lived and worked in Korea for many years, and this attitude is the norm not the exception from every ounce of my fairly vast experience. I've been refused service in restaurants and bars because I'm white and speak English!

Then there's this beauty I snapped while in Itaewan one day. 

ebola= No Africans.jpg

27 minutes ago, Cereal said:

Yeah, I know. However, I lived and worked in Korea for many years, and this attitude is the norm not the exception from every ounce of my fairly vast experience. I've been refused service in restaurants and bars because I'm white and speak English!

Then there's this beauty I snapped while in Itaewan one day. 

Yup, craziest thing anybody has ever said ever is "Only white people can be racist". Never been to asia. 

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

S. Korean has by far, the most sour faces i have ever seen, no happy people there, grumpy looking and not always polite, much like Russian when they're not drunk...

I'm sure that the N. Koreans have them beat with the sour faces  ????

4 hours ago, dcnx said:

“Poor people, poor life”

The Koreans know the deal. So do the Japanese and Chinese who also look down on Thais. Their reputation follows them everywhere. Perhaps they should work on improving it.

But, it's so much easier to just ignore all non Thais as people who don't "understand" Thailand and Thai people. 

I don't know of ANY country where Thais have a good or even neutral reputation. 

And, like you said, they earned it and continue to earn it everyday. 

44 minutes ago, phkauf said:

someone once told me the difference between Japanese and Koreans is that while they both hate foreigners - the Koreans will tell you they hate you. 

Unlike the Thai who just smile, or smirk, in contempt. 

Not sure which is better

Archived