Ret. extension money in bank today Chonburi

bkk6060

Did my extension today first time with money in bank method.  Went to BKK Bank this morning and got the letter confirming 800,000 since March.

One thing on this I did not go to my home branch, so any branch will do at least with BKK Bank.

Took all my paperwork and a completed extension form to immigration.

Handed a number, walked in and my number was on the board already desk area 8.

Did not even get a chance to make copies of my passport/current extension pages but the IO allowed me to do this after I checked in.

While she was looking thru my paperwork, some guy next to me was arguing about the 65,000 in the bank every month.  I guess he had inconsistent deposits and was pleading his case.  They then spoke to him away from the desk possibly suggesting he see an agent:)

I had everything necessary just a few points of info:

You need to have the bank book with you.  And it needs to be updated on the day you go to immigration.

They want to see the actual book and also copies of the face page and the pages leading up to today showing the money in the account for the required period.

Do not know if this is consistent but last time they wanted my rental contract.  So, I brought it this time.  They also today asked for the landlords ID card, and telephone number.  I had a signed copy of this information and my rental contract.  They took all of it and included it in my package.

That is about it really she attached my passport photo, I signed all the copies of everything in my package, and was on my way in 10 minutes.

Pickup tomorrow when I will get my multiple entry.

Very easy and professional service.

Did mine recently as well. Interesting that you have to back 3 months after you do the extension rather than 3 months after the date of expiry. I did mine 30 days in advance so i go back only 2 months after the start date of the new extension.

I agree with the OP. Not a big hassle at Jomtien, , and going back to show you still have a minimum of  Thb 800 k in the account 3 months after is no big deal either. Friend of mine said it's very informal. Just take the updated passbook in on the allotted day. Quick glance and you're done.

Archived