Cloud looms over 41 Thai MPs in media-shares fiasco

Jonathan Fairfield

Cloud looms

Yes, but everybody knows that this cloud will prove to have a silver lining for the many.

The two sides are not the same. On the one side we have a lot of the much vaunted ' good people '  and on the other the man selected for public crucifixion.

And our very own Pontius Pilate will wash his dirty hands and say the law has been applied.

Just now, Denim said:

Cloud looms

Yes, but everybody knows that this cloud will prove to have a silver lining for the many.

The two sides are not the same. On the one side we have a lot of the much vaunted ' good people '  and on the other the man selected for public crucifixion.

And our very own Pontius Pilate will wash his dirty hands and say the law has been applied.

Like I said, the constitutional court has a major problem now. They have accepted the case against the FFP leader on circumstancial, outdated evidence, they now have no choice but to accept the case of the other 41 MP's. If they don't accept those cases, the bias would be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Fun times ahead, they have been backed into the corner by FFP, priceless. 

9 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Oh I agree with you about the state of the Thai judiciary, it is downright appalling. However this is the same court, there is no way they can sell to the public that one guy is suspended, and others are allowed to function as MP's when they are accused and under review for the exact same offence. 

I think they have now been backed into a corner. 

I totally agree but I wouldn't put it past them to try it.

54 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Actually the comments regarding the use of precedent shows the ignorance of farang posters. 

That isn't defending anyone, simply a statement of fact.

Maybe people of power holding something like 44 shouldn't be telling us what judges can and can't do. 

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I totally agree but I wouldn't put it past them to try it.

Agreed, but I don't think it will ever come that far, they will probably find some excuse to not accept the case against most if not all of the other 41 mp's. What justification they could possibly use is beyond me, but I can't wait for them to try. 

Rest assured, their crediblity, which was already heavenly doubted would be non-existing. 

Come to think of it, maybe their excuse will be that it would be the EC's duty to start the case, in which case it will never happen. 

They'd lose 41 MPS. FF lost one, albeit their most important and influential.

Perhaps they'll make a u-turn and allow Thanathorn back so the junta's MPS are not bound by the precedent. Of course it's only a matter of time until Thanathorn's banned for another "misdemeanour".

11 minutes ago, madmitch said:

They'd lose 41 MPS. FF lost one, albeit their most important and influential.

Perhaps they'll make a u-turn and allow Thanathorn back so the junta's MPS are not bound by the precedent. Of course it's only a matter of time until Thanathorn's banned for another "misdemeanour".

Interesting point, cancel / find him not guilty of the media charges against him but instantly make a new charge which gets him back to not allowed to attend parliament. Wouldn't surprise. 

12 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Like I said, the constitutional court has a major problem now. They have accepted the case against the FFP leader on circumstancial, outdated evidence, they now have no choice but to accept the case of the other 41 MP's. If they don't accept those cases, the bias would be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Fun times ahead, they have been backed into the corner by FFP, priceless. 

I think you have underestimated just how shameless and conniving these miscreants all all. After all, the great leader has already given a fair indication of the orders he has delivered :

Meanwhile PM Prayut Chan-o-cha said yesterday that court rulings over one MPs suspension could not be used as a precedent in other cases.

They can afford to be as bold as brass since in the end they know they can get away with it. Simplest way is to just say they don't have jurisdiction over such a large case ......bla bla bla or something similar. 

They will come up with some piss poor reason and there will be a lot of huffing and puffing on the social networks then it will be some other new thing that grabs everyone's attention and the moment will have passed.

This has been their modus operandi up until now and it has served them well so why change a winning methodology.

Even if  the CC decides it is too dangerous to do this now and accepts the case .............. it will only be to bury it later at a quieter moment.

2 minutes ago, Denim said:

I think you have underestimated just how shameless and conniving these miscreants all all. After all, the great leader has already given a fair indication of the orders he has delivered :

Meanwhile PM Prayut Chan-o-cha said yesterday that court rulings over one MPs suspension could not be used as a precedent in other cases.

They can afford to be as bold as brass since in the end they know they can get away with it. Simplest way is to just say they don't have jurisdiction over such a large case ......bla bla bla or something similar. 

They will come up with some piss poor reason and there will be a lot of huffing and puffing on the social networks then it will be some other new thing that grabs everyone's attention and the moment will have passed.

This has been their modus operandi up until now and it has served them well so why change a winning methodology.

Even if  the CC decides it is too dangerous to do this now and accepts the case .............. it will only be to bury it later at a quieter moment.

Oh, make no mistake, I know they have no shame. However, any legitimacy would of course be out of the window. Come to think of it, that has already happened. I guess you are right, this will go nowhere and the FFP leader will probably not make it back into parliament. It would't surprise me if they found him guilty as charged. 

11 minutes ago, Denim said:

I'm just waiting for the 'PM' to suddenly forget he's now a civilian PM, lose his cool and harass or threaten a journalist or a speaking opposite member with attitude adjustment or similar.

And hopefully the opposition, especially a FF opposition member, would jump on him quickly. But then will be try attitude adjustment on them? 

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

Oh, make no mistake, I know they have no shame. However, any legitimacy would of course be out of the window. Come to think of it, that has already happened. I guess you are right, this will go nowhere and the FFP leader will probably not make it back into parliament. It would't surprise me if they found him guilty as charged. 

They might have to decide Thanathorn is not guilty in the end for two reasons.

1) To ' prove ' how impartial and unbiased they are.

2) To get themselves off the horns of a dilema.

Then they will hope that the people will think that they are great guys after all and totally independent of outside influence......until the next round.

Just now, Denim said:

They might have to decide Thanathorn is not guilty in the end for two reasons.

1) To ' prove ' how impartial and unbiased they are.

2) To get themselves off the horns of a dilema.

Then they will hope that the people will think that they are great guys after all and totally independent of outside influence......until the next round.

Sure, but in that case, they are still not off the hook for either not accepting the case against the 41 others, or for not suspending them. They are in a corner now, by their own doing. They should have never accept the case against Thanathorn in the first place. Certainly not beause the evidence seemed to be outdated. 

18 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Sure, but in that case, they are still not off the hook for either not accepting the case against the 41 others, or for not suspending them. They are in a corner now, by their own doing. They should have never accept the case against Thanathorn in the first place. Certainly not beause the evidence seemed to be outdated. 

Well.....we will see how it pans out. As you say, they have painted themselves into a corner.

image.jpeg.fceecc738f1b772997beec219e314937.jpeg

Som nam na

5 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

He says the petitions against the government MPs are backed up with substantial evidence, quite different from the Election Commission’s petition against Thanathorn, which was based on information from a news agency at the time

A tricky one for the courts to turn down after the precedent made with Thanathorn.

6 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

A legal representative for Palang Pracharat, the party most affected by the allegations, is asking the court to dismiss the petitions. He is arguing that the complaints have been improperly compiled in variance from the usual appeal procedures.

Improperly compiled: alphabetical A-Z, top to bottom

Properly compiled: by best estimate of amount of hair dye used, high to low

Archived