Thailand Clay Bar Shop ? Where can they clean your car with a clay bar ?

myjawe

Hello,

Do you think that it is really useful to decontaminate / clean a car ?

or just usual BS marketing to sell more of their $hit ?

Do you know where to do it in Thailand ? Bangkok or Pattaya please.

Thank you.

• Like 1

About half of the car washes I've used offer it as an add-on service, most for between 1k-2k thb additional. Bangkok Car Wash used to do it as part of one of their nicer wash/clay/wax packages for under 1k total, was the best deal in town, until they closed.

As the poster above said, cheapest to get your own off-brand clay off Lazada or Shoppee, under 100thb, and use it with a spray bottle of lightly soapy water. If you buy a name brand like Meguiars or Sonax, expect to pay around 1000thb for the clay "kit" with a spray detailer.

As for your question of whether it's useful, it absolutely is. It's the best way to truly clean and prep the paint for wax, ceramic glaze, or sealer. Doesn't need to be done on a regular basis, but 2-3x a year is a good idea if you want your paint to look its best.

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 2:59 PM, Lacessit said:

The best way to clean a car is to get rid of any road tar with mineral turpentine first. Then wash with a clean foam pad and plain running water. Dry off with a chamois.

There are probably millions of people who clean their car, or have their cars cleaned, using soap and detergents. Worst thing they can do, because detergents get into crevices and help promote corrosion.

Modern clear coats on cars obviate the need for elaborate cleaning packages, which are a waste of money.

"...wash with a clean foam pad and plain running water. Dry off with a chamois.

There are probably millions of people who clean their car, or have their cars cleaned, using soap and detergents. Worst thing they can do, because detergents get into crevices and help promote corrosion".

And plain water can't get into crevices and doesn't promote corrosion?  Are you using a special type of plain water that only goes where you want it to go?

• Haha 2

• 11 months later...
On 6/28/2019 at 11:29 AM, Sam Lin said:

I hope that's a troll post, as a foam pad and plain water with no surfactants is a horrible choice for washing cars. Or washing anything else, for that matter.

Modern clear coats last longer than older single stage paints without special care, but that does not mean they look good for longer. If you care about swirl marks, you need to be careful with how you clean your paint.

and the first thing to do is avoid any car wash !

do you all agree that a clay bar is really useful ? i never tried it.

• Like 1

I've 'clayed' my car a few times, and the clay was brown afterwards, even though the paint looked clean (my car is white). Be warned though; it's really hard work. It can easily take a couple of hours as the bar is small and you can only do a small part at a time. To repeat what JAS21 said, IF YOU DROP THE CLAY ON THE GROUND, DO NOT REUSE IT; you will severely damage the paint as there will be grit stuck on the clay. After claying, my paint felt like the car had been covered in talcum powder. I then waxed it and it looked great for a few months.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2019 at 2:59 PM, Lacessit said:

The best way to clean a car is to get rid of any road tar with mineral turpentine first. Then wash with a clean foam pad and plain running water. Dry off with a chamois.

There are probably millions of people who clean their car, or have their cars cleaned, using soap and detergents. Worst thing they can do, because detergents get into crevices and help promote corrosion.

Modern clear coats on cars obviate the need for elaborate cleaning packages, which are a waste of money.

hi, anybody can confirm about turpentine ? is it really used ? thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/26/2019 at 2:59 PM, Lacessit said:

Turpentine ?

Never seen anybody using it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

WD40 is about the best that I have found for removing road tar. Next time I'll try turpentine or white spirit to see if it is any better ..... 

Do you think that we can spray WD40 on the whole car before washing ?

Really no risk ?

Thanks.

• Like 2

I assume that the OP has got his answer as he last visited Thaivisa over 15 months ago and anyway the topic drifting away for the original enquiry.. So I will close this topic. However if anyone wants more information on how to remove tar from car paintwork etc then best to start their own topic. It will also assist anyone using the search function in the future. 

• Haha 1