BANGKOK 19 July 2019 19:00
Scouse123

TM30 Problems - alternatives?

After all the latest issues regards TM30, I registered a couple of weeks ago online.

After a few days, it asked me to confirm my email address through a link which I did. On screen it came up saying my email address verification was successful.

When I went back to the online website it stated my application was awaiting approval. That was some 10 days ago at least.

I am late registering for TM30, as like others, I have been at the same address for 15 years without needing to do this.

I returned February to Thailand and have done my 90 day reports as usual online, and at first, I thought this TM30 did not apply to me, as I was staying at my permanent address with yellow book. Only after further research I discovered it did, and it is regardless of my staying at the same address or yellow book.

My retirement extension and multi  re-entry permit is due next week at the new Kalasin offices, and I am concerned as to what they can do if I just take the screenshot showing ' awaiting approval ' and that I have applied for my TM30 without response from them as yet.

Ideas anybody?

17 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I thought this TM30 did not apply to me, as I was staying at my permanent address with yellow book.

If you go out of Thailand it does apply when you come back.

Also applies if you go and stop somewhere else in Thailand you supposed to get copy receipt from the hotel/guesthouse/house that they have notified you being there.

That's how I understand it from another thread about TM30.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

At CW in May when I was renewing my permission to stay I got all the way though the renew process with the IO and she then pointed out my TM30 showed me staying at hotel up country in Thailand where I been on a short holiday out side Bangkok. I was then sent to do TM30 with the Condo lease I had for the condo I stay in even though the lease is in my Thai wife name not mine. I then went back to the IO and she completed the renewal. So my suggestion is you go and do a TM30 first either on the day or before if it not too far away and then do the renewal. 

I hope this is helpful. I said, in another thread yesterday, that the "Section 38" app on my Android phone worked OK. It's available from the Google Play Store like any other app. All in Thai. Might not be too useful if they haven't finished enrollment.

Scan this QR code on your computer screen with your smart phone to get straight there! Making the application on an android phone works (Chaeng Wattana).  Confirmation of email address message received within a few hours and username and password supplied within 2 days.

20190611_093320.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

QUOTE: "After all the latest issues regards TM30, I registered a couple of weeks ago online.

After a few days, it asked me to confirm my email address through a link which I did. On screen it came up saying my email address verification was successful.

When I went back to the online website it stated my application was awaiting approval. That was some 10 days ago at least".

I  registered with the app. a few weeks ago. Like you, I got a 'confirm e-mail' message and, following success with that, an 'awaiting approval' message. BUT this was awaiting approval for me to use the app., NOT approval of a submitted TM30 notification, because I hadn't submitted a TM30. Approval to use the app. was finally received after 18 days (Khon Kaen Immigration).

Are you mistaking awaiting approval to use the app. with awaiting approval of a submitted TM30?

Edited by MartinL
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

If you go out of Thailand it does apply when you come back.

Also applies if you go and stop somewhere else in Thailand you supposed to get copy receipt from the hotel/guesthouse/house that they have notified you being there.

That's how I understand it from another thread about TM30.

I have been told at least twice if you have a 'retirement visa extension' and leave Thailand, then come back to the same address, you do NOT need a TM 30, this was at Jomtien immigration very recently and also last year.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rak sa_ngop said:

Scan this QR code on your computer screen with your smart phone to get straight there! Making the application on an android phone works (Chaeng Wattana).  Confirmation of email address message received within a few hours and username and password supplied within 2 days.

20190611_093320.jpg

rak sa_ngop - Thanks a ton for this.  For Apple Users - believe it needs a Thai App store account.

Edited by tpkhk

Could an extension be done in a different province to avoid the TM30 fiasco?

1 hour ago, mikeymike100 said:

I have been told at least twice if you have a 'retirement visa extension' and leave Thailand, then come back to the same address, you do NOT need a TM 30, this was at Jomtien immigration very recently and also last year.

Unfortunately, not all immigrations offices are the same. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

I submitted using the Android app.  It took 2 days to get the confirmation of email message and I have been waiting over 5 weeks for the Username and password.

When did you submit?  I'm wondering if I should cancel my old application and submit a new one.