TM30 Problems - alternatives?

I have lived at the same address in Hua Hin for over 12 years always reported 90 days on time.

Last September came back from a UK visit on a Saturday, went to HH immigration on Monday morning with wife (Thai) who is the housemaster and filed a TM 30 for the first time ever. The IO, After checking my record on his 'system' was all smiles and politely declined saying that a TM 30 was not required if returning to the same address.

In mid-January I was granted a Retirement Extension no other issues. I filed a 90 day report two weeks later. No issues.

In May I went to file a 90 Day report. Smiling lady IO. No issues. Checked my PP before I left to ensure 90 day receipt was correct. AOK

Got home, checked my PP again and found a new folded receipt in the front dated same day and with my address in Thai handwritten in the margin. It is an unexpected and unmentioned TM 30 receipt which the IO had figured that I now need to have!

Amazing Thailand!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eggers said:

When I scan this code , instructs open in AppStore,get msg "AppNot Available -  This App currently not available in your country or region"  Where to next?

That is probably due to your address used for the store is not for Thailand. Changing your address to here should let you download it.

14 minutes ago, Patanawet said:

Does the holder of a permanent residency (PR)  have to submit TM30s?

No

Same for 90 day reports or anything else a person on a temporary permit to stay has to comply with.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Im amazed at the amount of people who dont know what a TM 30 is 

No reason for anyone to have heard of it in those provinces that haven't asked for it in the past. In Bangkok it was never previously required or mentioned by immigration, hence the current chaos with people being blindsided at CW. 

Cut and paste from another concurrent tm30-related thread:

On 6/26/2019 at 10:26 AM, smo said:

Hi TallGuyJohninBKK -

this TM30 business is totally new to me. I've been renting and living in an apartment in same building in BKK for the last 5 years. During this time I made one trip abroad (back home USA) in 2016. Almost always do 90 day report online. My last (retirement) extension was done this past April (before Songkran.) All went well without any mention of TM30 ever, same goes for past extension renewals.  I have read your detailed report in your new thread of your latest trip to CW which also includes a portion dealing with TM30.

TallGuyJohninBKK answered -

The whole TM30 thing is new to EVERYONE in BKK, because, even though the law has been on the books for years, it was NEVER enforced against farang tenants here by Immigration, until starting sometime toward the middle to fall of last year (after you would have done your last extension of stay).

There's an online website done by Immigration for TM30 reporting that's mostly in TH language, difficult to use even with Google Translate because some portions won't translate, and is really geared toward Thai hotel and other housing owners. But you could register for it and use it, especially if you read Thai or have someone with you who does.

In the absence of that, for me, the easiest way to report is to simply mail the required documents into CW Immigration using the same address you'd use for mailed in 90 day reports, but just changing the top subject line instead to something like "TM30 Reports section". Other threads here provide that address and a list of the specific documents Immigration wants.

As for the landlord vs tenant issue, IMHO, this really ought to be a landlords issue and not one for tenants. But because of the way the language in the law is written, it can be interpreted as making the tenant responsible also. And if the landlord (who if Thai never deals with Immigration) does NOT comply, then Immigration at CW has decided to start whacking tenants instead via fines for not filing and refusing to do extensions until the TM30 is done.

Earlier this year, I reported myself because I wanted to have the TM30 paper receipt in my pocket when it came time for me to go to Immigration for an extension.  But one part I'm unclear on in this mess is, if your landlord reports you online, I don't think they get a paper receipt, and even if they do, they may not pass it along to the tenant.

In my case, my small-scale Thai landlord didn't know anything about the TM30 issue when I asked them about it last year. And they had never reported for me or anyone else in the past. So rather than leave the issue in their hands where I might not be sure just what's going on, I opted for certainty, told them I'd handle it myself, and not to worry about it, at least for me.

9 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Well I do now but why the surprise?

TM30's never mentioned to me by immigration any time that I have arrived into the country. Not even a notice or flyer. Copies of TM30 reports never given to me by any hotels in Thailand. TM30 never mentioned to me by Thai Immigration at my local station. So how can we be supposed to know? I only found out about it accidentally after after reading some of these TV topics and listening to a mate of mine in CM recently.

That said, being the fine and upstanding non-immigrant that I am, I will check (again) at my next 90 day report. 

15 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Yeah, they thought filling in the TM 6 and reporting address every 90 days covered it!   Very naive. 

• Haha 1

I have one or two questions relating to TM30 registration:

I have downloaded the Section 38 App - now what documents do I need to submit when registering, bearing in mind that the condo lease is in my wife's name?

Presumably copies of relevant passport pages, copy of wife's lease (all pages?), (ID of condo owner?), wife's ID? Anything I missed?

We don't have a copy of owner's blue book.

I have one or two questions relating to TM30 registration:
I have downloaded the Section 38 App - now what documents do I need to submit when registering, bearing in mind that the condo lease is in my wife's name?
Presumably copies of relevant passport pages, copy of wife's lease (all pages?), (ID of condo owner?), wife's ID? Anything I missed?
We don't have a copy of owner's blue book.
I think, just copy of lease and wife's ID. Register in you wife's name as possessor

In Thailand goal posts have wheels