Door knobs

Felt 35

2 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

That's not the link I posted. 

That's the page I get when opening the link you gave above...I'm saying it still has a key..

But maybe you could leave the key mechanism out and just use the  fob and keypad ..just don't let the batteries run out !

5 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

Weird.  OK this is a snip from when I go to that link:

door lock.JPG

Do you NOT see the "KEY UNLOCKED" icon in the photo you posted? Also, the link has multiple photos (one of which was posted by other user).  Key unlock function is usually included in this type of lock as "fail-safe" guard in case of battery failure.

Going back to your original question, I suspect you need to going down the route of a suited key range by Chubb. You cannot copy keys, only order via Chubb.

Hotels use the samr system.....well they did before card entry Systrms became popular

6 hours ago, johng said:

Errm  I think you'll find most any key can be copied...the ones that are very hard to copy cost a lot.

Unfortunately, but once upon a time it was something called a patented locking system where of course the role of the licensed locksmith was important because if a key to a patented system is lost, the owner had to contact a licensed locksmith to order a new key by documenting his ownership of the lock system.

Anyway IMO it was worth to post the question.????

1 hour ago, Felt 35 said:

Unfortunately, but once upon a time it was something called a patented locking system where of course the role of the licensed locksmith was important because if a key to a patented system is lost, the owner had to contact a licensed locksmith to order a new key by documenting his ownership of the lock system.

Anyway IMO it was worth to post the question.????

Apart from all the fun that has been had it isn't the key you really need to concentrate on it is the lock. Having said that the most pick restaurant lock that I know of is made by This company from Canada  they do ship to Thailand 

a good YouTube channel is "the lock picking lawyer" he can pick most locks with seconds though some take longer. You will then understand why a difficult to get key makes very little difference to your security.

if you want a padlock that is sold in Thailand then one of the ones he finds most difficult is sold by Häfele it's an Abus but you do need the one model that is the most difficult to pick  there is only 1IMG_7670.PNG.0c1042ed13c2286f078e9613ec861822.PNG

IMG_7671.PNG

Felt,

House? Condo?

Worried people will get in while you are out shopping or out of the country? 

Those sorts of questions. 

These are quite common in Thailand and are in most hardware shops.

door-knob-cover-show-double-lock-2775694

49 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Felt,

House? Condo?

That will only work well if you also use a different padlock as that one even I could probably pick.

regettably it seems that Häfele may have stopped stocking the ABUS Granit  they can almost certainly get them for you

IMG_7675.thumb.PNG.6826e6604157a04636d63ce7e401eb41.PNGIMG_7676.thumb.PNG.bfaf6e6ee09208b37f5cef4ca9c221ef.PNG

8 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Felt,

House? Condo?

Condo.....when sleeping I have on a few occasions lately found my entrance door half open in the mornings but security lock keeps it from go all the way.

2 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

Condo.....when sleeping I have on a few occasions lately found my entrance door half open in the mornings but security lock keeps it from go all the way.

I hope you have a deadbolt on the door and, if you do, you should change it (if not, get permission to install one).  You can purchase one yourself which can give you certain level of control over the keys.

Changing deadbolt is fairly easy DIY but installing a new one is probably not DIY.

dont know where you live or what type of building, If your so conserned as to people getting in , just get a steel bared door made and screwed to the wall with a heavy duty Lock. But if people are determined to get in they will, It will stop opportunist thefts 

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:48 AM, Thongkorn said:

dont know where you live or what type of building, If your so conserned as to people getting in , just get a steel bared door made and screwed to the wall with a heavy duty Lock. But if people are determined to get in they will, It will stop opportunist thefts 

Well concerned or not I believe most people lock their entrance door at night and expect it to stay locked until morning????

Archived