BANGKOK 20 July 2019 13:01
Lightangel000

Transferring house title deed via fraud/ courtryside Land office:

Hi everyone!

I am desperate:

The house deed number has been hidden for me for 5 years:

Anyone here knows Thai lawyers take a large prepay and then disappear or do nothing.

The Thai girlfriend and the lawyer for my dead father's assets have for 5 years refused to

show the house deed/chanote number for the house dad built and that he was registered as owner of the

house.  I can not afford a lawyer, have phoned around for free legal advice- and the house has a high wall around the

house - so I can not knock on the door, or ask the police to knock on the door of the house.

I visited the local amphur- with a taxi driver but there was nothing registered on the address

my dad lived in for 15 years. I have been told I need the number of the house/land deed to

search at Land office.

Myt father died 5 years ago, domiciled in Thailand with a Thai girlfriend/partner.  The GF owns the land,

and she refuses to give a copy of the land deed nr - as that can be used to search at Land office for

the house deed number, as they are related.  I can not afford a suing case in court, privately.

Can you help me?

I can not go to the police as I do not have the house deed/land deed number needed in the report!

Many thanksxxxx

LightAngel

Posted (edited)

A litigation lawyer should allow you a free consultation and often they will work for free until the money is recovered and then take a small cut of the money recovered (5-10%). 

Would engange an international law firm like baker mckenzie, freshfield etc as thai lawfirms cannot be trusted.

No real lawer takes a large prepay, that's all a scam. Lawyers either bill by the hour or take a cut of recovered money.

Edited by ThomasThBKK

Thanks ThomasBKK - I checked with multiple embassy related lawyers listed - they all only take a large prepay. .I have checked re percentage deals -  they get a percent of  money/assets recovered but nobdy

has offered that. Will check with Bakers - I  think I called them before, they only took more

"corporate" stuff.  I find it hard to belive it can be so easy to conceal to the number of house/land deeds and that the address means nothing when it comes to searching - like my visit at the Amphur -which shoud

have a "copy" of the house deed/land deed nr one lawyer told me.

Thanks

Ann -. LightAngel in Sweden

"he was registered as owner of the house."

Was he? There are very limited ways in which that could true.

Why limited, just register a superficies. 

30 year superficies can be transferred to your heirs, that might be the reason why they hide the chanote from his daughter, as she is likely to get the house.

I was prompting the OP to be more specific. The land and house, the house only? I said "limited" in the sense that superficies are relatively rare compared to company ownership and to simply putting the chanote in the wife's name.

Addes info fr LIghtAngel

- re the house in Ban Dan Kwian - Chock Chai - countryside  - ca 30 min fr Nakhon Ratchasima. It is not  in google maps. The address is just a "Moo  xxnumber, Band Dan Kwian."

The house is far out in the countryside with  no real roads, and no road signs. There are ca 15 small houses on the sandy "road" so I have no road sign to refer to if I go to any Land office.

Thanks for advice - I called Baker Mackenzie (they just do corporate stuff, and Pregotarius  give no legal

advice over the phone.

Thankful for any input.

Ann Sweden

That address should be enough to get the land office to locate.

You will need a Thai speaker.

The chances are high that the GF owns the land and the house anyway, or the significant shares if it's company owned.

Doesn't the head man have a book with info in it regarding his subjects...

1 hour ago, Lightangel000 said:

Addes info fr LIghtAngel

- re the house in Ban Dan Kwian - Chock Chai - countryside  - ca 30 min fr Nakhon Ratchasima. It is not  in google maps. The address is just a "Moo  xxnumber, Band Dan Kwian."

The house is far out in the countryside with  no real roads, and no road signs. There are ca 15 small houses on the sandy "road" so I have no road sign to refer to if I go to any Land office.

Thanks for advice - I called Baker Mackenzie (they just do corporate stuff, and Pregotarius  give no legal

advice over the phone.

Thankful for any input.

Ann Sweden

Lawyers don't give advice over the phone, that's just not a thing. 

Write an email with all details. 

Posted (edited)

Go on Google maps, turn on the satellite map, and find the location of the house (or go to the house, and get the location from your phone there if you can't find it on a map)

Once you have the location of the house (longitude / latitude), somebody at the local land office should be able to find the title deed for it.

As blackcab said already "There is no need for lawyers. All you need is someone who can speak Thai."

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Did your late father leave a will ?

If he did that should have specified what would have happened to his Thai assets.

If there are personal effects you wish to retrieve, the village head and local police may be able to negotiate with a small consideration.

A rural Thai house on somebody else's land is virtually worthless, it may just be easier to walk away and not waste any further time or money on the house issue.

Edited by The Fat Controller
Spelling
  • Like 1

Hi - again and thanks to everyone´s help and  input:

My dad told me the police can be bribed - when he drove too fast. Would it be possible do you think

to ask the police for help - but the problem is they can not pass by and knock on the door due to the

high wall.

It is sad - as when my father died, I have been refused entry since 5 years by the GF, who is

hiding behind the wall around the house,  estimated by an estate agent to be "valuable" - would never bother fighting otherwise.

The Swedish foreign lawyer who with court executor title - which is not valid in Thailand without a Thai  court order, has written in a formal letter to the children that my fathers name is registered on the title deed (for the house).  By concealing the title deed from me, this asset will  never be part of the inheritanece or inventory with Tax gov.

I can not privately pay a heft pre pay of 200 000 baht as multiple lawyers on the  UK embassy webesite want this - and then disappear when the money is payed.  (It happened to me once in Sweden.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1