Blacklisted from Thailand

Clearly seems to be a Savannakhet thing. I know Lao citizens who have obtained tourist visa from the embassy's consular section in Vientiane. Expect some questions if having an extensive history in Thailand though.

5 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

o hopefully were are now on the same page and you can fully recommend the new page as a reliable resource for information, together with it's contact page. 

Maybe better to contact the embassy to check if it's the official site, Many websites that looks official are owned by someone else. 

She is not blacklisted. Get cracking & get the marriage process underway.

She can stay in Laos & get it all ready. Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Not sure if Thailand is still allowing 2 foreigners to marry at a Amphur anymore.

My advice would be to marry in one of your home  countries

A Thai marriage certificate outside  Thailand if one of you not Thai is a disaster

12 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Not sure if Thailand is still allowing 2 foreigners to marry at a Amphur anymore.

As I posted earlier that is still allowed. But the problem is her getting a affirmation of permit to stay from the Lao embassy since they will not do one.

12 minutes ago, natway09 said:

My advice would be to marry in one of your home  countries

That has been discussed in earlier posts.

Getting married in Laos is a big problem and requires a lot of paperwork to get done.

6 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

But financial proof is also stated on your link, as I have shown. but as you say, it is in general not requested. But good to have with you, just in case.

We can agree that the new website is an updated version of the 2015 website ...which incidentally isn't even in English. You have to scroll to the bottom of the page to get to the PDF links in part English. Which is what I posted at the 2015 info.

I only recently came to the 2019 page and especially if it was .org previously, there may have been changes. So of course I've seen it with fresh eyes.

So hopefully were are now on the same page and you can fully recommend the new page as a reliable resource for information, together with it's contact page. 

How can a website -- any website -- be a reliable resource for info on visa requirements when actual practices, from Embassy to Embassy (and IO to IO within Thailand) frequently deviate?

The whole point of this visa forum is to provide up to date information on what Embassies/Consulates and IOs are actually doing in practice based on first hand reports.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

How can a website -- any website -- be a reliable resource for info on visa requirements when actual practices, from Embassy to Embassy (and IO to IO within Thailand) frequently deviate?

The whole point of this visa forum is to provide up to date information on what Embassies/Consulates and IOs are actually doing in practice based on first hand reports.

??

What on earth?

Why is this being done to death??

Once again, it is just a simple premise of not directing people to this page; http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/en/consular/visa.php as it was last updated in September 2015, but instead directing them to this one; https://thaivisavientiane.com

This is all I have been trying to explain for hours. 

That the official website, dated 2019, would be a more up to date source of information than one from 2015....which is predominantly in Thai script.

So instead of linking to the old and possibly outdated website, it would be better to link to the new.

It was assumed that it was just a website for appointments, which is clearly is not. It is the source of the latest information.

Just imagine he used the old website as a resource, without knowing there was a system of appointments. There is nothing about appointments on the 2015 website.

So once again, all I am stating is that it is better to direct to the new website than to the old.

I have not at any time suggested that we no longer need this forum now that we have the new website. 

I have just stated that one should point to the new website instead of the old.....or do you disagree and think that we should link to the old?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Just imagine he used the old website as a resource, without knowing there was a system of appointments. There is nothing about appointments on the 2015 website.

Yes there is. See: http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/en/news/announce/detail.php?ID=694

Another point is that the original official website is shown on this official page and the appointment one is not shown.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/

Also note that embassy website is on the server as the the list of embassies is. And that the appointment site is a .com site.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes there is. See: http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/en/news/announce/detail.php?ID=694

Another point is that the original official website is shown on this official page and the appointment one is not shown.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/

Also note that embassy website is on the server as the the list of embassies is. And that the appointment site is a .com site.

Come on...stop now. ???? That wasn't the page to which you linked. The page you now show links people to the website I suggest anyway.

So are you suggesting that people trawl around the old web pages instead of just looking at the official new site?

Why is this continuing? 

You are confusing the Embassy proper and the Consular section. Aren't they in different buildings?

So the new website concerns just the Consular section.

Edited by KneeDeep
  • Sad 1

On 6/26/2019 at 5:20 PM, Essex Reject said:

Ended up with a Lao girl really does cause all sorts of problems, way way better to be with a Thai.

I know that's not gonna help at all. Good luck.

The OP is obviously in a serious relationship with a girl from Laos. What happened to all the ASEAN community

( " raise our flag high sky high, bla bla") nonsense agreements? 

OP< I wish I'd have an easy solution for you, but........................

Edited by Isaanbiker

On 6/26/2019 at 3:20 AM, Essex Reject said:

Ended up with a Lao girl really does cause all sorts of problems, way way better to be with a Thai.

I know that's not gonna help at all. Good luck.

Ended up with a Thai girl really does cause all sorts of problems, way way better to be with a Philippina.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

10 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

So instead of linking to the old and possibly outdated website, it would be better to link to the new.

OK, Mr Know-It-All, so instead of having a go at people on here in the sneeringly superciliously patronisingly arrogantly hectoring manner which you have chosen to adopt in your numerous postings on this particular thread, why don't you instead direct your energies at having a go at the Vientiane Embassy who are the real villains of the piece here on account of their palpable failure to either take down the 2015 site completely, or at least re-direct those who click on its domain name to the 2019 site?

Edited by OJAS