International Money Transfers from Thai Bank Accounts to Foreign

I want to transfer money from my Krungthai THB account in Thailand to a UK bank account (GBP). What is the best service to use for this???? I've looked online at international transfer companies and although they have good rates, all the ones I've seen don't have local accounts here, so I'd still have to pay Krungthai to make an international payment to them. 

Is it worth using online transfer services or just making the transfer directly from Krungthai Bank to UK bank account??

I have always used SWIFT at Bangkok Bank, presumably your bank has it too. While I haven't done it in some years, I paid B 400/transfer, regardless of the amount. Before proceeding, you need the SWIFT code of the receiving bank., and the street address of the branch. (The latter is just as a check; it is all done electronically.) Both should be available online. Allow 2 - 3 business days. 

1 minute ago, Puchaiyank said:

Checkout Deemoney...

DeeMoney can't transfer to the UK, US, or NZ right now....as of last week.  They are looking for a new transfer partner in those countries.

I'm sure you would be able to send directly online from your own bank once you've set up internet banking, international transfers etc. Through BKK Bank I am permitted to send up to $US 25,000 per day (!).*

*If only I had that much "spare" !!

If you're really stuck for a solution, you can link a Paypal account to a Thai bank account but their fees are outrageous.

21 hours ago, CockneyGit said:

I'm sure you would be able to send directly online from your own bank once you've set up internet banking, international transfers etc. Through BKK Bank I am permitted to send up to $US 25,000 per day (!).*

*If only I had that much "spare" !!

If you're really stuck for a solution, you can link a Paypal account to a Thai bank account but their fees are outrageous.

I would do the Paypal thing, but unfortunately I can't transfer funds from my Thai bank into paypal, and I think that goes for all Thai banks. 

You can carry a certain amount of cash back (I think 10,000 USD) per person. If you are with your wife, it would be 20,000 USD.

So if the amount is less than that, it is better to bring the cash back. 

Archived