Johnson warns EU against any 'Napoleonic' tariffs in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Who would anyone need to TRY to assassinate de Pfeffels character when he does a perfectly good job of it himself. Confirmed racist, adulterer and liar - all sterling traits to a brexiteer then ?

Watching him implode on a regular basis is almost cruel.

Don't worry he will win the contest and take us out of the EU. Call him all the childish names you want.  So Brexiteers are racists adulterers and liars. So what are reamainers? I see the same rubbish rhetoric still being peddled by those who feel superior.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would anybody vote for someone who tells lies, lies and lies? 

Most of what Boris tells the public is BS. And few people challenge him. Bizarre!

And later, when all his promises crash, he will of course blame all the others.

And the UK is supposed to be a model democracy. 555 

If the EU wants to start a trade war, so be it, we either buy or don't buy, It's up to the fat cat bosses to get off there backsides, and earn their salaries finding new markets, (they have had 3 years to prepare), and as for the car industries, so what, if the greens have their way, cars will become extinct anyway, britain could always do what the Germans did, and build a peoples car, that runs on Hydrogen, Then there would be NO smelly exhaust fumes, or billions of toxic batteries to be disposed of eventually if cars all go electric

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Well enough of you did it for Remain. They've been doing it for years with the LAB party and Jezza.

Makes me wonder too.

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I agree with you.

I don't vote, and haven't for 20 years when I realised that they are all self seeking liars.

But at least Boris has promised to leave on October 31st no matter what, which gives him very little liar wiggle room.

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

No wonder he runs away from debates with his fellow leadership contenders, with ridiculous statements like that, they’d crucify him. 

At least there is some logic to his cowardice in avoiding such debates. 

Not sure how this cowardice makes him the ideal candidate to re-negotiate a treaty, that the EU has made clear is not up for re-negotiation, with the EU though.  

I wouldn’t call it cowardice it’s more common sense. 

The media class in London have shown throughout the whole Brexit debate where they stand and more to the point their feelings on Boris. They will be more interested in asking him about the domestic he had with his girlfriend and bringing up the letter box Muslim comments etc etc. 

The people who who will actually be voting for our next PM don’t care about whether these staged biased debates take place or whether Boris attends and Tbch I don’t think the people who voted Brexit do iether. The media class in London lost all credibility on the Brexit debate long ago.

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

He’s avoiding the Sky debate because he believes it is not favouring his side. 

That just proves my point. 

He's a coward who won’t face debates or answer tricky questions. 

You of course would do better. If you are that good and smart, why aren't you a politician?

2 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I wouldn’t call it cowardice it’s more common sense. 

The media class in London have shown throughout the whole Brexit debate where they stand and more to the point their feelings on Boris. They will be more interested in asking him about the domestic he had with his girlfriend and bringing up the letter box Muslim comments etc etc. 

The people who who will actually be voting for our next PM don’t care about whether these staged biased debates take place or whether Boris attends and Tbch I don’t think the people who voted Brexit do iether. The media class in London lost all credibility on the Brexit debate long ago.

If johnson can't face hostile situations, then he is not fit to be pm.

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

You of course would do better. If you are that good and smart, why aren't you a politician?

Whatever role you take on in life, you will face difficult or even hostile situations.

I don't run or hide from them.

johnson does.

3 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Sounds like a baiting post to me. Miss! Miss!

I agree but luckily I come from a place and generation where crying rooms are absolutely ridiculous and the new liberal left, who scream and stamp their feet all the time, I liken to babies.

I just find the whole saga laughable. People can't accept a democratic vote and continue to whinge and whinge. Times have changed for the worse.

I am expecting a milkshake to be thrown at me with some justification from a remainer.

10 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Whatever role you take on in life, you will face difficult or even hostile situations.

I don't run or hide from them.

johnson does.

There are many brave people who post from behind their keyboard.

Boris has no reason to join the left wing media circus, Boris has nothing to gain from people wanting Boris to fail, Hunt on the other hand............... Why should Boris pander to people who don't like him, want him to fail, it has nothing to do with hearing his rhetoric, all they want to do is throw rotten tomatoes at him. 

You're playing a blinder Boris.

14 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

If johnson can't face hostile situations, then he is not fit to be pm

Of course he can face hostile situations. He’s been doing it for years! You miss my point. The debates are useless he knows the Brexit voting public and more importantly the conservative member party view on British MSM coverage of Brexit. 

Boris giving the two fingers up to them is a genius move. 

1 minute ago, vogie said:

There are many brave people who post from behind their keyboard.

Boris has no reason to join the left wing media circus, Boris has nothing to gain from people wanting Boris to fail, Hunt on the other hand............... Why should Boris pander to people who don't like him, want him to fail, it has nothing to do with hearing his rhetoric, all they want to do is throw rotten tomatoes at him. 

You're playing a blinder Boris.

Ah the irony of your first sentence, that'll keep me chuckling all day.

As to the rest, already made clear what I think of his avoidance strategies.

13 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

If johnson can't face hostile situations, then he is not fit to be pm.

There is a difference between being able to handle difficult situations, and needlessly putting yourself in them.

The first is admirable, the second is somewhat foolish.

Just because a boxer can take a decent shot, it doesn't mean he walks around all day looking for people to punch him in the face. That doesn't make him a coward. Johnson will deal with adversity when he needs to, and he will need to as the EU want nothing more than the UK to suffer.

Right now, he could win the leadership contest without even leaving his living room, so why bother helping the ratings of the likes of Sky News and their Remain agenda? He can debate elsewhere, as he has done and will continue to do so.

2 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Of course he can face hostile situations. He’s been doing it for years! You miss my point. The debates are useless he knows the Brexit voting public and more importantly the conservative member party view on British MSM coverage of Brexit. 

Boris giving the two fingers up to them is a genius move. 

No, I don't think I've missed the point.

I've been very clear on why I think he's avoiding the debates.

They are a lot harder than playing rugby against school children...

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

After the exit in October if EU countries apply tariffs on English goods being sold to them then it will apply in return... new tariff free deals will suddenly be negotiated.

They don't want to pay tariffs on goods exported to the UK either!!

What goes around comes around.

please check post #11 your answer is there, easy to understand

5 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I am expecting a milkshake to be thrown at me with some justification... 

Some, whatever their opinion is, are capable of acts (even abominable ones), as long as they can justified it to themselves. 

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

There is a difference between being able to handle difficult situations, and needlessly putting yourself in them.

Just because a boxer can take a decent shot, it doesn't mean he walks around all day looking for people to punch him in the face. That doesn't make him a coward. Johnson will deal with adversity when he needs to, and he will need to as the EU want nothing more than the UK to suffer.

Right now, he could win the leadership contest without even leaving his living room, so why bother helping the ratings of the likes of Sky News and their Remain agenda? He can debate elsewhere, as he has done and will continue to do so.

johnson wants to lead the country, yet is scared to face situations beyond his control.

That is not the sort of leader any country wants.

In 1939, Churchill was not a popular a popular figure, But he proved them to be wrong, What Britain needs now is a Churchill type figure, one who speaks his mind, and does'nt put up with <deleted> from other MP's or the Press, All MP's lie at some time or other, and who has never had a row with their misses or partner at some time or other, he's human. So what a load of crap they are putting on B.J.

13 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

1) Almost half of all UK exports go to the EU. 

2) Only 7% of all EU exports go to the UK. 

Who relies on whom? 

So you are saying half of our exports go to the EU.  So if this dries up due to cost we have lost HALF our exports.  You don't think that will harm our industry.  Also what are these exports exactly?  The EU can get them from other counties and it's going to be no skin off their nose.  But, loosing half out export business is going to hurt the UK. 

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Johnson, a former foreign minister and London mayor, said he was convinced the EU would agree a new deal based on bits of outgoing Prime Minister Theresa May’s “dead” Withdrawal Agreement.

“My pledge is to come out of the EU at Halloween on 31 October,” Johnson, 55, told BBC TV, adding that there were “technical fixes” to prevent the return of a hard border between EU-member Ireland and Northern Ireland, which is part of the UK.

Johnson reaffirmed his view, contested by many, that Britain could retain tariff-free trade with the EU after a no-deal exit.

“I think it would be very bizarre if the EU should decide on their own... if they decided to impose tariffs on goods coming from the UK it would be... a return to Napoleon’s continental system,” Johnson told LBC radio on Tuesday.

Does this buffoon realise that the EU negotiators will read every word of this?

So the EU will agree to a new deal despite them having very publicly declared that there will be no more negotiations. Basically calling them liars.

So there are technical fixes to prevent a hard border despite the EU saying that the technical fixes are at least 5 years away from being a reality. Calling those EU mandarins liars again?

So Britain could retain a tarriff free trade without a customs union despite being told that it's impossible by both the EU and the governor of the BoE. Calling people liars again.

“I think it would be very bizarre if the EU should decide on their own... if they decided to impose tariffs on goods coming from the UK it would be... a return to Napoleon’s continental system,”  Oh, the EU negotiators will love that line! Particularly the French ones.

He couldn't have got the backs up of the negotiators any more if he'd tried. Doesn't he realise that he'll be going cap in hand to them not the other way round?

He's either arrogant in the extreme or ignorant in the extreme, or both. One thing's for certain, he's no diplomat.

Boris, you're having a laugh........which is all you're fit for.

7 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

So you are saying half of our exports go to the EU.  So if this dries up due to cost we have lost HALF our exports.  You don't think that will harm our industry.  Also what are these exports exactly?  The EU can get them from other counties and it's going to be no skin off their nose.  But, loosing half out export business is going to hurt the UK. 

you didn't know the EU was/is the UK biggest customer, wonder what Boris has been telling people

2 hours ago, whimsicalmike said:

Does anybody know the reason for paying the EU 39 billion pound exit fee. What is it supposed to pay for?

Programmes that the UK committed to whilst a member ... like signing a contract to contribute to something ... includes things like Nigel Farage’s pension payments. It’s not one big payment, it’s a staged payment over several years. If you rent a house for a year with a friend, you can’t just move away and land all the contracted costs on your friend. 

17 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

you didn't know the EU was/is the UK biggest customer, wonder what Boris has been telling people

I have visions of the UK being a Desert Island in a few years time if Brexit is enacted. At most there could be a few working ATMs in front of empty supermarkets still in place.

21 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Does this buffoon realise that the EU negotiators will read every word of this?

So the EU will agree to a new deal despite them having very publicly declared that there will be no more negotiations. Basically calling them liars.

So there are technical fixes to prevent a hard border despite the EU saying that the technical fixes are at least 5 years away from being a reality. Calling those EU mandarins liars again?

So Britain could retain a tarriff free trade without a customs union despite being told that it's impossible by both the EU and the governor of the BoE. Calling people liars again.

“I think it would be very bizarre if the EU should decide on their own... if they decided to impose tariffs on goods coming from the UK it would be... a return to Napoleon’s continental system,”  Oh, the EU negotiators will love that line! Particularly the French ones.

He couldn't have got the backs up of the negotiators any more if he'd tried. Doesn't he realise that he'll be going cap in hand to them not the other way round?

He's either arrogant in the extreme or ignorant in the extreme, or both. One thing's for certain, he's no diplomat.

Boris, you're having a laugh........which is all you're fit for.

The strangest thing about all of this is that Boris Johnson is lying to people, who know he is lying to them, and they want to be lied to ... because they are lying to themselves ... like a suicide pact, everyone’s a winner.

18 hours ago, Mavideol said:

keep dreaming, now as a member you have free trade.... after as a NO member why should have same privileges, wishful thinking, you will get same tariffs on goods as other NO EU countries do

And the EU shouldn't get one penny in a 'divorce settlement" without providing the equal share of the assets to the UK.

Or both sides can be sensible and avoid trying to score political points in their home countries.

50 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

What’s interesting about Boris Johnson is that’s he wants the job even though he knows that he’s not up to it ... he is not willing to engage in debates that he would lose, and that would expose him to the public.

Theresa May has many decent qualities, smart, hardworking, sense of duty ... but also many flaws, as we all now know. But at the time of her appointment most thought she was the right candidate for the job. The same mistake is being made with Johnson, who will be a disaster. 

11 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Programmes that the UK committed to whilst a member ... like signing a contract to contribute to something ... includes things like Nigel Farage’s pension payments. It’s not one big payment, it’s a staged payment over several years. If you rent a house for a year with a friend, you can’t just move away and land all the contracted costs on your friend. 

The UK also contributed to Galileo and the EU have said that after Brexit the UK can't have any advantage from it. So they need to reimburse or provide the UK its share of the assets. And that needs to apply to all EU assets.

The 39 billion hasn't had the calculations explained in detail, nor have the assets to be provided to the UK been details AFAIK. 

May, Davies and the negotiating team did a crap job which is why their "best deal" has been rejected  three times and ridiculed.

It's time both sides got real. 

Archived