Johnson warns EU against any 'Napoleonic' tariffs in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

On 7/15/2019 at 10:52 AM, sandyf said:

Head in the sand.

Brexiteers blame "too many foreigners" for everything, then turn round and deny it.

On 7/15/2019 at 11:17 AM, aright said:

You make it sound like only Brexit supporters are disenfranchised.

The latest election results show in the last 3-5 years show EU members are as well

_106632326_eu_far_right_map_280419_640-nc.png

On 7/16/2019 at 10:11 AM, sandyf said:

I must have missed something, I did not realise that Europe took part in the referendum.

On 7/16/2019 at 10:52 AM, aright said:

There are many things you miss. I was just giving the voting stats at the last election as an analogy to your misconception that Leavers are the only Europeans that are discontented and blaming. 

If I wanted to be pedantic I could ask why you made the statement you made in a post, not about Leavers or the referendum but about Boris Johnson and tariffs...…….but I won't bother.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:39 AM, sandyf said:

Let me get this straight, discontented Europeans had something to do with the referendum and the referendum has no relationship to Boris Johnson or his policies.

OK, Whatever floats your boat.

On 7/17/2019 at 10:18 AM, aright said:

"discontented Europeans had something to do with the referendum and the referendum has no relationship to Boris Johnson or his policies."

If I said that I apologise.

In what post did I say that?

In what post did I say that!     Well?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Quite.

The problems of today were born 50 - 60 years ago. Incompetent decisions by successive governments kicked the UK aviation industry into the long grass in favour of foreign made aircraft and opening a significant part of national security to interference by a foreign country.

Bad management by UK government led to the demise of the UK car industry as such making the sector beholden to foreign manufacturers. The Eddie Shah dispute created a significant impediment to modern technology leaving the UK permanently trying to catch up.

Brexit has given birth to the problems of tomorrow.

The brexiteers are so desperate to get into bed with the US that there is every chance that in 10 years they will be eating turkey in November.

The union is dead, long live the union.

I'd say more like 46 years ago. When Ted Teeth got his pen out filled with liar's ink. 

Diary of a Reluctant MEP: a week of propaganda, big promises and copious bleeding

It has become all too apparent that MEPs are not and never were, appointed to represent their constituents to the EU Parliament and institutions, but are instead supposed to promote the EU to their homelands. We have access to large budgets for the deployment of propaganda to popularise the European project.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/07/18/diary-reluctant-mep-motherhood-apfel-strudel/

Is this the first crack in the wall?

DUBLIN (Reuters) - Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar said on Thursday he was willing to listen to alternative proposals from the next British prime minister on keeping Northern Ireland’s border open after Brexit and could compromise if his objectives were achieved.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-ireland/irish-pm-says-he-may-compromise-on-brexit-border-issue-idUKKCN1UD169

17 hours ago, nauseus said:

I'd say more like 46 years ago. When Ted Teeth got his pen out filled with liar's ink. 

Are you seriously trying to make out that everything was in order prior to 1973, you must have a different interpretation on "state of emergency".

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Are you seriously trying to make out that everything was in order prior to 1973, you must have a different interpretation on "state of emergency".

No. But I am saying that the problems of today were born when Heath signed the Treaty of Rome.

On 7/19/2019 at 12:29 PM, nauseus said:

No. But I am saying that the problems of today were born when Heath signed the Treaty of Rome.

I get it now, the fact that the UK is beholden to foreign motor manufacturers is not a problem, and the fact that the UK no longer makes its own aircraft for defence is not a problem, and the fact the UK is importing modern technology instead of manufacturing it is not a problem.

But of course the problems with the NHS, schools, police etc are all down to Heath signing the Treaty of Rome, not forgetting the kippers.

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

I get it now, the fact that the UK is beholden to foreign motor manufacturers is not a problem, and the fact that the UK no longer makes its own aircraft for defence is not a problem, and the fact the UK is importing modern technology instead of manufacturing it is not a problem.

But of course the problems with the NHS, schools, police etc are all down to Heath signing the Treaty of Rome, not forgetting the kippers.

You do talk some nonsense...

On 7/20/2019 at 2:37 PM, sandyf said:

The thread is EU and Brexit related and I was trying to keep to that. Sorry if that was not clear enough. Of course UK present day domestic problems are not all directly due to EU membership.  

6 hours ago, Loiner said:

So long as he has got us out of the EU without subterfuge by 31st Oct, who cares?

Boris is just going to re package the same deal. Probalby alter the political declaration.

Shift the focus on the debate to the future FTA with the EU

Boris is just going to re package the same deal. Probalby alter the political declaration.

Same deal repackaged will only get the same kicking out of parliament. Whatever divorce agreement or WAG is proposed it must be rejected, No Deal. We then enter the subsequent actual ‘deal’ negotiations as a free state without our hands tied by the EU.
The focus must only be on the future trade arrangements, whatever they will be. That is when we do the deal - after Leaving.

4 hours ago, Loiner said:

Same deal repackaged will only get the same kicking out of parliament. Whatever divorce agreement or WAG is proposed it must be rejected, No Deal. We then enter the subsequent actual ‘deal’ negotiations as a free state without our hands tied by the EU.
The focus must only be on the future trade arrangements, whatever they will be. That is when we do the deal - after Leaving.

You propose to negotatiate a deal at the UKs weakest point

German economy in 'freefall' as exhausted Draghi loses his magic

German industry is in the deepest slump since the global financial crisis and threatens to push Europe’s powerhouse economy into full-blown recession.

The influential Ifo Institute in Munich said its business climate indicator for manufacturing went into “free fall” in July as the delayed damage from global trade conflict takes its toll and confidence wilts. It goes far beyond the woes of the car industry. More than 80pc of Germany’s factories are in outright contraction.

https://snewsi.com/id/19395399716

8 hours ago, Loiner said:

Not at all. That’s when we call the shots, as we should have done with a Brexiteer PM three years ago.

If we leave without a deal . Then we would trade under WTO terms. Sure there would be consequences both for the EU and Uk. However the UK is one state whilst the EU is 27. It would appear to me that by virtue of economies of scale the EU as an entity is in a better position.

Whilst i agree that the consequences for the EU member states will differ depending on their trading relationships the EU negotatiate as a block.

On 7/24/2019 at 8:32 AM, cleopatra2 said:

You or I don't know what's going to happen at this time...Let's just wait and see eh.....

If we leave without a deal . Then we would trade under WTO terms. Sure there would be consequences both for the EU and Uk. However the UK is one state whilst the EU is 27. It would appear to me that by virtue of economies of scale the EU as an entity is in a better position.
Whilst i agree that the consequences for the EU member states will differ depending on their trading relationships the EU negotatiate as a block.

And that’s why you’re not a negotiator. You think trade deals are about 1 vs 27. Only some of those 27 are important and many of them are negligible.

12 minutes ago, Loiner said:

And that’s why you’re not a negotiator. You think trade deals are about 1 vs 27. Only some of those 27 are important and many of them are negligible.

Nevertheless, Cleopatra2 is right: the EU negotiates as a block. I see clearly now why you are not a negotiator either......

Nevertheless, Cleopatra2 is right: the EU negotiates as a block. I see clearly now why you are not a negotiator either......

Is it clear enough for you to see that means only 1 vs 1. You’re also not a negotiator.

Archived