Driver who filmed boy 'dancing' in front seat banned

snoop1130

Driver who filmed boy 'dancing' in front seat banned

_107526738_kerry-lee-white-dob-11-02-84.jpg

The video was filmed in Scarborough by White / NORTH YORKSHIRE POLICE

A driver who uploaded footage to her Facebook page of a boy "dancing" in her car has been banned from the road.

Kerry White, 35, was driving when she made the mobile phone recording.

The clip, captioned "He got the moves", was reported to police, who located White's vehicle and retrieved the footage from her mobile.

White, from Scarborough, admitted dangerous driving and was also given a suspended jail term at York Crown Court.

Full Story: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-48755229

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

White, from Scarborough, admitted dangerous driving and was given a suspended jail term 

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Kerry White, 35, was driving when she made the mobile phone recording.

.. Note she was charged with dangerous driving .. Contrast this case with what goes on in Thailand as far as using mobiles when driving goes .. 

It highlights the dichotomy in attitudes between Thailand and the West when it comes to road safety and safety in general... 

In Thailand that image / video would be shared to responses of "so cute"... "yes, he got 'da moves" etc etc... and a general degree of support and admiration.

In contrast, in the UK and most Western nations the image / video would be shared to social judgmental responses outlining the danger etc.

This is one of the reasons the roads toll is far higher here, in addition to the lack of law enforcement in Thailand there is a general lack of social accountability. 

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

They are serious. Now a 200 pound fine and six points for using a mobile. ( I watched it once on YouTube "A1 Britan's Longest Road"

And they can see down into your car.

unmarked-police-lorry.jpg

Hope the dash cam is not fitted to the windscreen !

13 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Hope the dash cam is not fitted to the windscreen !

Ha ha, no!

The documentary I saw had two policemen in the HGV trailer cab. The passenger was filming with a hand-held video camera.

The other thing is they can also pull alongside other HGVs and film them using their phone.

I remember one HGV driver was texting - using both hands.

Another HGV driver was spotted drinking beer from a can. When pulled over he was found to have more than half-a-dozen full cans of Carlsberg Special Brew and a load of empty cans.

He was breathalysed and tested as nearly three times over the drink-drive limit.

15 hours ago, SammyT said:

Unsure why this is TVF news given it's par for the course for kids to be climbing round the inside of a car in motion in Thailand...

15 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Much the same as what I thought. Why would someone in LoS get banned for that.

Not sure why it's in TV when the story is about the driving in the UK. Maybe a warning not to carry Thai habits to a western country???

Question... what would/could anyone do if you have a self driving car ?  Driver using a mobile  - I was not driving the car was driving ? believe they now have self driving Truck as well.

Archived