Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

What options are available to Watch Tour De France ?


MJCM

Recommended Posts

Guys,

 

I would like to watch the Tour de France 2019 cycling race.

 

What options are available to watch this over the internet.

 

 

Thx for any pointers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thx @cornishcarlos

 

Does it have somewhat of a buffer system as my internet in late afternoon and early evening (that is when the race start) gets a little flaky (read slooooooowwwwww)

 

I miss thaiexpattv, leave it buffer for around 20-30 mins and then could watch it most of the time carefree.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Thx @cornishcarlos

 

Does it have somewhat of a buffer system as my internet in late afternoon and early evening (that is when the race start) gets a little flaky (read slooooooowwwwww)

 

I miss thaiexpattv, leave it buffer for around 20-30 mins and then could watch it most of the time carefree.

 

 

Try it out.. Works ok for me but we are on fibre optic connection

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

 

Try it out.. Works ok for me but we are on fibre optic connection

We are also on Fibre, The TOT Village connected Fibre, but speeds are not that good.

 

Now I need to go and buy an Android Box to test this

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJCM said:

We are also on Fibre, The TOT Village connected Fibre, but speeds are not that good.

 

Now I need to go and buy an Android Box to test this

 

I just watch it on my phone or you could "cast" to big screen !!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thx for the tip, but using an iPhone ;)

 

But as Tour doesn't start yet I am looking at Lazada already for an Android Box.

 

In the meantime I have seen that Pulse-TV and HDPrime have Eurosport (most interested to watch the Tour via them) are they any good ???

Link to post
Share on other sites

Get a cable channel here with Eurosport. Mine costs me 350 Baht a month. I got 99 channels. I watch about 3 of them.

 

Buy the Eurosport Player and a VPN. 1 year cost is £40 and around £50 respectively. For this you will get every bicycle race imaginable for 1 year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Get a cable channel here with Eurosport. Mine costs me 350 Baht a month. I got 99 channels. I watch about 3 of them.

 

 

That option isn't available where I live, No Cable Channels available, only Truevisions via Sat but they don't have it, or IPTV

 

21 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

 

 

Buy the Eurosport Player and a VPN. 1 year cost is £40 and around £50 respectively. For this you will get every bicycle race imaginable for 1 year.

Thx for the tip, but just interested in the Tour nothing much else

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, petemoss said:

I'll be watching it on ITV Hub (ITV4). Need a VPN set to a UK node. Also has catch up if you don't watch it live.

Thx, but I have been there tried that, used Windscribe as VPN and watched UKTV and it was buffering and buffering.

 

Not a fault of Windscribe but my Internet connection !! :sad:

 

I am fed up watching highlights, maybe I have to move to Pattaya for the month as Sophon has Eurosport :biggrin:

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MJCM said:

That option isn't available where I live, No Cable Channels available, only Truevisions via Sat but they don't have it, or IPTV

 

Thx for the tip, but just interested in the Tour nothing much else

If that is the case, just buy a month of Eurosport Player and a month of VPN. Total cost = £10 + around £10. You get the maximum coverage offered by France 2 and then relayed on to Eurosport. And you can watch it live or any time at your own convenience.

 

Where do you live in Thailand that has no Astro package? They usually include Eurosport. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

If that is the case, just buy a month of Eurosport Player and a month of VPN. Total cost = £10 + around £10. You get the maximum coverage offered by France 2 and then relayed on to Eurosport. And you can watch it live or any time at your own convenience.

 

Where do you live in Thailand that has no Astro package? They usually include Eurosport. 

Live In Rural Buriram, I tried VPN with UKTV, but It scuked, Buffered Big time ! I just have bad internet, nothing else available.

 

I watched last years Tour via Highlights which I got via Torrents (Seedbox in Europe and then SFTP them in at Night) but wanted to watch it "semi live" this year, but I think it will be difficult !!

 

Thx guys for the help. Will watch it again via Highlights

 

Edit: Will also try the mentioned solution, and try to report back (if this topic is still alive then)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MJCM said:

Live In Rural Buriram, I tried VPN with UKTV, but It scuked, Buffered Big time ! I just have bad internet, nothing else available.

 

I watched last years Tour via Highlights which I got via Torrents (Seedbox in Europe and then SFTP them in at Night) but wanted to watch it "semi live" this year, but I think it will be difficult !!

 

Thx guys for the help. Will watch it again via Highlights

 

Try Eurosport Player. It is a paid for service. UKTV is free if I recall. Eurosport Player is twenty times better. You get what you pay for. But as you say, the slowest limiting factor will determine if it works. If your internet speeds are really poor, then you may still have problems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MJCM said:

Thx @cornishcarlos

 

Does it have somewhat of a buffer system as my internet in late afternoon and early evening (that is when the race start) gets a little flaky (read slooooooowwwwww)

 

I miss thaiexpattv, leave it buffer for around 20-30 mins and then could watch it most of the time carefree.

 

if you have android box download ZalTv.com from google play store, site with all sports, movies, news and so forth, after the download they will ask you to visit/access their site to get a FREE password, once that is done it will work fine. Tour de France is on Eurosport, I watch either in Skynet (Burma) or with ZalTv also Eurosport

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also many illegal streams available. Tizcycling is one. Procyclinglive is another. It is a case of whack-a-mole. They are shut down and then reappear.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Try Eurosport Player. It is a paid for service. UKTV is free if I recall. Eurosport Player is twenty times better. You get what you pay for. But as you say, the slowest limiting factor will determine if it works. If your internet speeds are really poor, then you may still have problems.

Yeah you are 100% right. My Internet speed is oke during the early morning till 3pm but from 3:30pm - 10pm it really slows. And that is when the race is on.

 

Thx Guys for all the helpful replies.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some troll posts have been removed but regardless the topic has been killed by them and now because of that the OP wants it closed.

Well done trolls

 

//CLOSED//

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Rimmer locked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...