How to move my stuff from Samsung to iPhone

JAS21

Okay ...so I have decided to use the iPhone Xs Max ...what I have seen on google look good ............... so .........

What is the best/ easiest way to move things from my old Note4 to new Iphone Xs Max. So far I have started the phone and got an Apple ID and Password, a six figure number to unlock the phone and at present my phone sim is in the iPhone. I haven't registered with iTunes or anything. And later I want to download 'google Maps' to use with CarPlay

I use gmail ...

I tried to use ‘Move to IOS’  app during initial set up but failed, probably my fault so I just carried on.

Now I read that I need to do a factory reset ( I think) …just need  my Apple ID, password and six figure number to do that I believe.

I would like to move …

LINE and chats if possible  

Phone contacts

S Planner

Calendar seems to have duplicated above

Evernote  have several ‘Notes’ but could manually retype into apple app I guess

Facebook

Photos, in phone and on sim

Messenger

Daybook if possible

Guess that there is no chance of moving Mobdro

Talking to the ‘phone guys’, with a view to getting one of them to do it, they say cannot move Evernote or S Planner/Calendar but I see different on the internet

I have seen some info on google but wondered which way is best, have also just seen Syncois Data Transfer

I do have a PC  …tks

• 2 months later...

Photos....get google photos, i assume you have a google account...of course set it up on note first then get the app in iphone.

Line...sorry no chance to save chats but get the app and all your contacts show up.

Evernote is free only i think on 2 devices could be wrong if you again get the app and log in whats on your 4 should turn up there, Apples notes kills evernote by  the way..

Facebook etc like the rest get the app and sign in...

Phone contacts again should be able to set up in google 

Enter your Gmail account details and enable synchronisation. Your phone contacts and Google Contacts should now synchronise.

Next, unlock your new iPhone. Open the Settings app, scroll down and tap Accounts & Passwords (or Mail, Contacts, Calendars in some older versions of iOS), then add your Gmail account. Make sure Contacts are enabled for the account. You should now find that, after a few minutes, all of your Google contacts are in your iPhone.

Transfer contacts with a Google account (advanced)

For belt and braces, and to make sure this process always works in future, consider doing the following, either on your iPhone after you've followed the steps above, or on your Android before you make the move:

Once you've completed the setup process, open the Contacts app on your device, and syncing will automatically begin between your iPhone and Google. Any time you set up any smartphone, Google should hold the key to all of your contacts.

• From your Android device, go to the Settings app.
  • Select the “Accounts” option.
  • Look for your Gmail or Google account. Select it.
  • Make sure “Contacts” is checked. It could also be labeled as “People.”
  • Open the Settings application on your iPhone.
  • Select Accounts & Passwords (or Mail, Contacts, Calendars on older versions of iOS).
  • Select Add Account.
  • Select Other.
  • Select Add CardDAV Account.
  • Fill out your account information in the following fields:
    Server: Enter "google.com"
    User Name: Enter your full Google Account or Google Apps email address.
    Password: Your Google Account or Google Apps password. (If you've enabled two-step verification, you'll need to generate and enter an application-specific password.)
    Description: Enter a description of the account (such as Personal Contacts).
  • Select Next at the top of your screen.
  • Make sure the Contacts option is set to ON.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived