Big Joke REMOVED from police rules committee just hours after appointment

snoop1130

Big Joke REMOVED from police rules committee just hours after appointment

bj.jpg.f676ece91bfcd1950a79b784015cdb96.jpg

Former head of Immigration and one time poster boy of the Royal Thai Police Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn has been removed from a rules and procedures committee. 

A high level meeting chaired by Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan and attended by police top brass decided to replace the man known as Big Joke with a lower ranked police colonel.

Earlier Thai media had found out that Surachate had been named on the committee despite being removed as head of Immigration and given a clerical job at the PM's office. This created clamor in the Thai press and on social media.

Gen Prawit had said earlier in the week that there was no way back into the police for Big Joke but speculation in the Thai print media and on television suggested that Surachate may be making a surprise comeback. 

That now looks to be dead in the water after a hastily convened meeting in which Prawit and RTP chief Gen Chakthip Chaijinda and deputy Pol Gen Wirachai Songmetta, the head of the rules sub-committee, also attended. 

Surachate was "not available" to attend, said Daily News.

After a 40 minute meeting Wirachai spoke to the assembled press at RTP HQ saying somewhat cryptically that Surachate was removed not because of "public friction" but because it was "appropriate".

The friction he referred to was a massive media and social media frenzy created by news that Big Joke was now on a police committee which might mean the comeback of the popular and high profile officer was underway. 

Reporters asked Wirachai if Big Joke could be a cop again. This question was sidestepped with Wirachai saying the decision today had nothing to do with that; this was all about the make up of the committee.

Wirachai said that Pol Col Mana Pohchuay had accepted a request to join the committee instead and will bring with him plenty of legal knowledge, added Gen Wirachai.

Thaivisa notes that today's news will do nothing to dampen rumors circling about Big Joke ever since his fall from grace. 

If anything the speculation will only increase.

No reason has ever been given for Big Joke's spectacular fall from prominence in the RTP.

Source: https://www.dailynews.co.th/crime/717019

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-26

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, this just gets more and more ridiculous. It really is beyond a joke now (forgive the pun!).

The way the Thai people are dismissively treated with utter and total contempt - laughed at, mocked, ridiculed, treated as congenital and insignificant fools and morons by their 'betters' - is just beyond all known societal experience by every single one of us here, I hazard to guess.

And yet  - still the Thais go on taking it all ...

Given the levels of incompetence regularly displayed at all levels of Thailand's authoritarian régime, it's surprising that the régime manages to survive from one week to the next. A well-organized feather duster should suffice.

top brass decided to replace the man known as Big Joke with a lower ranked police colonel.

interesting.

how can a police colonel be of lower rank than someone who has been stripped of rank and functions ?

'Thaivisa notes that today's news will do nothing to dampen rumors circling about Big Joke ever since his fall from grace. 

If anything the speculation will only increase.'

Anyone else concur and want to make a bet on how many pages of angst and tinfoil theories will emerge?

1 minute ago, from the home of CC said:

I think the Thais have a big enough task grinding out a daily living for their families than them worrying about where 1 person is going to work, more like a soap opera distraction than anything..

aye, that's why they spend hours every day gossiping

30 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

No reason has ever been given for Big Joke's spectacular fall from prominence in the RTP.

There is only one possible reason for him being stopped every time from taking a new position, with no explanation about any of it, and that is that he has said the wrong thing about someone very, very powerful, who can't be mentioned by anyone. Whatever else it was, we would have been told. I am surprised they haven't tried to formulate some half believable fiction, but maybe silence tells its own story.

10 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

'Thaivisa notes that today's news will do nothing to dampen rumors circling about Big Joke ever since his fall from grace. 

If anything the speculation will only increase.'

Anyone else concur and want to make a bet on how many pages of angst and tinfoil theories will emerge?

Speculation? Obviously I am only one poster, but 'Who gives a crap' sprang to mind upon reading the headline. I am sure there are many others like me, both Thai and foreigner, who really, literally, couldn't care less...

8 minutes ago, anterian said:

Big Joke's sponsors and Prawit are clearly at loggerheads, thing is, is he just a pingpong ball or a hot potato. 

I thought Prawit was his sponsor.

Who can countermand high-up political decisions here?

33 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

I think the Thais have a big enough task grinding out a daily living for their families than them worrying about where 1 person is going to work, more like a soap opera distraction than anything..

Keeps TV frothing at the mouth though. ????

2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

A cartoonish country 

Impossible to take them seriously 

The UK, Canada, and the USA have become looney tune versions of nations as well. I don’t think Thailand is uniquely dysfunctional.

7 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Gen Prawit had said earlier in the week that there was no way back into the police for Big Joke but speculation in the Thai print media and on television suggested that Surachate may be making a surprise comeback.

IMG_20190626_213621.jpg

4 hours ago, nodomino said:

The UK, Canada, and the USA have become looney tune versions of nations as well. I don’t think Thailand is uniquely dysfunctional.

Thailand is an order of magnitude worse, I'm sure you would agree. 

The three countries you mention, despite their politics, are still largely law abiding nations. 

Thailand is a free-for-all. 

Archived