BANGKOK 22 July 2019 19:34
Thaivisa Web Content Team

Man caught performing disgusting act on Florida homeowner's driveway

Police are looking for the man caught on camera defecating in a Florida homeowner's driveway, but the homeowner says all he wants is an apology.

Wilton Thomas came home from work on Saturday to find that a man had driven up to his house in a green vehicle, squatted down in the driveway and pooped, using his T-shirt to clean himself.

The entire incident was captured on Thomas' ring camera, but he said he couldn't clean up the mess, including the discarded shirt, until the following morning.

“I went in the hot sun, scraped it up, poured it into a bag. I poured bleach, and then I hosed and washed the whole thing off,” Thomas told WKRN.

Thomas said he tried to be understanding but still would have preferred that the culprit take ownership of his actions.

“I know when it comes on for you to go, you have to go,” Thomas said. “He could have drove himself right toward the left in the fence toward the coconut tree and do what he wanted to do there. That would be no problem – but in my driveway?”

He went on, “Knock and say, ‘Man, you know what, I had an emergency. I had nowhere to go, and this is where I had to do what I had to do.”

Full article

Can you imagine the amount of time and news print would be required to report on Chinese pooping in public?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lucky for him he had set up his “ring camera”, how appropriate!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Can you imagine the amount of time and news print would be required to report on Chinese pooping in public?

Well a fraction of what it would be to report on Indians,  as 2% of the Chinese population defecate in the open compared to 39% in India. Just don't go to Eritrea or Niger though without wearing your wellies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_defecation

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

China now has more than 1.4 billion people of which it is estimated 28 million of them defecate in public.

Looking on the bright side...they do not all live in the same city...😊

Or travel on the same train together 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

China now has more than 1.4 billion people of which it is estimated 28 million of them defecate in public.

Looking on the bright side...they do not all live in the same city...😊

so you have seen this first hand have you, o wonderful collector of statistics.....you didn't give me any information about how long you lived in china.....I wonder why.....ok I will guess you are an American with a very high opinion about your own country.....I'm also guessing that you think your country is superior to every other country.....in this case you choose china to denigrate, who is next ..........

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/27/2019 at 1:59 PM, John P Ryke said:

so you have seen this first hand have you, o wonderful collector of statistics.....you didn't give me any information about how long you lived in china.....I wonder why.....ok I will guess you are an American with a very high opinion about your own country.....I'm also guessing that you think your country is superior to every other country.....in this case you choose china to denigrate, who is next ..........

Hi John P Ryke,

I worked in mainland China for the best part of 9 years.

They do shit everywhere. Most of the few public toilets have neither cubicles nor partitions. If you need to go, you just roll up your pant cuffs (very important!) and tiptoe around until you find a few square feet of free space and drop your own there. No worries, nobody's looking.

Thanks and best regards,

NL

PS. They don't use toilet tissue or a bum gun either.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Hi John P Ryke,

I worked in mainland China for the best part of 9 years.

They do shit everywhere. Most of the few public toilets have neither cubicles nor partitions. If you need to go, you just roll up your pant cuffs (very important!) and tiptoe around until you find a few square feet of free space and drop your own there. No worries, nobody's looking.

Thanks and best regards,

NL

PS. They don't use toilet tissue or a bum gun either.

excellent, u might be able to tell me what the purpose of the waste paper baskets in all toilets might be for.......I wonder????????

56 minutes ago, John P Ryke said:

excellent, u might be able to tell me what the purpose of the waste paper baskets in all toilets might be for.......I wonder????????

In China? Maybe the Chinese toilet designers saw waste paper baskets in pictures of other SE Asean public toilets? It's a bit like the zebra-crossing conundrum that repeatedly bamboozles the new and unwary in Thailand. They have zebra crossings here because they saw pictures of them or have read about them and what they're for. Their functionality and correct usage isn't part of the rationale.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

In China? Maybe the Chinese toilet designers saw waste paper baskets in pictures of other SE Asean public toilets? It's a bit like the zebra-crossing conundrum that repeatedly bamboozles the new and unwary in Thailand. They have zebra crossings here because they saw pictures of them or have read about them and what they're for. Their functionality and correct usage isn't part of the rationale.

wasn't this post about defecating in public......not the public toilet system.....any chance of keeping on topic....you have personally seen millions of Chinese people (adults) defecating in public in your 9 years of working in China......

1 hour ago, John P Ryke said:

wasn't this post about defecating in public......not the public toilet system.....any chance of keeping on topic....you have personally seen millions of Chinese people (adults) defecating in public in your 9 years of working in China......

Yes I have but nobody including myself has suggested that they've seen millions doing it. I reckon witnessing it 2 or 3 times a week over 8 years is a fair measure, no? The few public dunnies in China are in the cities whereas out in the provinces, where I spent most of my time, they just drop their dags and download anywhere.

But I digress... you're the one keeping it off topic by suggesting some members have some sort of superiority complex over the Chinese.

But that's OK. Maybe you are unaware of several stories, all well documented and some with (thankfully pixelated) pictures of Chinese visitors pooping and pissing in public in Thailand.

On 6/27/2019 at 3:39 AM, geoffbezoz said:

Or travel on the same train together 😂

...or taxi.

This story happened in Florida/USA. It's like making a mountain out of a molehill. Already in the first comment to this "appetizing" story there is the deflection to China.

It's well known China has (not yet) the hygienic standard as we are used to. Don't forget China's history of  a closed country until Deng. Believe me, it will change step by step.

It would be interesting to know where @ NanLaew has been working in The "mainland" for 9 years. And when?

I cannot confirm her experience when I have been in some southern provinces, mainly in Yunnan (1999-2001) for some weeks each year. I didn't see it, but I don't deny that it happened. My best friend once shot a photo of such a situation.

A rhetorical question, didn't you once have had a urgent feeling to relieve yourself in an area without a toilet for whatever reason??