Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 July 2019 06:45
joninisaan

Non Immigrant O VISA change to multi entry deposit

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

   I need to change my Single entry Non immigrant O VISA based on marriage changed to multi entry at the Immigration office in Sakhon Nakon.

I thought I read somewhere instead of showing 400,000 baht in a bank account, I can show deposits made to a Thai bank account of 40,000 baht every month. Can anyone verify this? If so, would you know how many months in advance do I have to show 40,000 baht deposited into a Thai bank account before my single entry VISA expires.

 

Thanks in advance for your help on this

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You need to know that what you are looking for is an extension of stay based on marriage, and that is NOT a VISA.

 

Furthermore to be able to travel outside Thailand with this extension you need to purchase from immigration in beforehand a so called Re Entry Permit allowing you to leave without them cancelling your extension....

 

glegolo

Edited by glegolo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What nationality are you.?

It makes a difference.

 

EDIT.

You appear to be American.

You need to show 40,000 a month being transfered to your Thai bank from abroad.

As this is the first year they are supposed to be showing leniency and 3 or 4 months should be enough.

Go and ask them.

 

This is for a 12 month extension of stay.

Edited by fishtank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You would be applying for a extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai. You can apply for it during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from you non-o visa.

You need proof of a income of 40k baht or 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months.

To prove the 40k baht income you can use proof of income from your embassy or if you cannot get proof of income from your embassy proof of the 40k baht going into a Thai bank every month for 12 months. For the first extension of stay application you only need proof of it being transferred  for a couple of months or more.

After you get the extension of stay stamp in your passport you can apply for a single or multiple re-entry permit to keep you extension valid when you enter the country after a trip out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




 
Furthermore to be able to travel outside Thailand with this extension you need to purchase from immigration in beforehand a so called Re Entry Permit allowing you to leave without them cancelling your extension....
 
glegolo


You can get a re-entry permit at the airport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bearing in mind the relevant embassies stopped issuing income letters at the end of last year how many months of Income deposits are Immigration accepting? 12 would be unreasonable until Jan 2020 at the earliest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Bearing in mind the relevant embassies stopped issuing income letters at the end of last year how many months of Income deposits are Immigration accepting? 12 would be unreasonable until Jan 2020 at the earliest.

In the OP's case only 2 months are needed since it is his first extension of stay.

For those already on extensions immigration offices have been told to be flexible and lenient this year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
In the OP's case only 2 months are needed since it is his first extension of stay.
For those already on extensions immigration offices have been told to be flexible and lenient this year.
 
No leniency from Jomtien for the first extension, 12 months needed, from the horses mouth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

No leniency from Jomtien for the first extension, 12 months needed, from the horses mouth

That is obviously impossible for someone just arrived. I await other reports.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, glegolo said:

You need to know that what you are looking for is an extension of stay based on marriage, and that is NOT a VISA.

 

Furthermore to be able to travel outside Thailand with this extension you need to purchase from immigration in beforehand a so called Re Entry Permit allowing you to leave without them cancelling your extension....

 

glegolo

Thanks for the info. Sorry I meant extension of stay. I arrived with a single entry as the Thai consulate in Hawaii (where I originally traveled from) could only give me a single entry and was told I could change it to a multi entry at an immigration office in Thailand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, fishtank said:

What nationality are you.?

It makes a difference.

 

EDIT.

You appear to be American.

You need to show 40,000 a month being transfered to your Thai bank from abroad.

As this is the first year they are supposed to be showing leniency and 3 or 4 months should be enough.

Go and ask them.

 

This is for a 12 month extension of stay.

Thanks for your response. You're right, I'm an American. I currently reside here in Thailand since 2009 but every year during the school break, I go back home and at the same time been applying and getting a multi entry Non Immigrant O visa but the Thai consulate in my hometown can only issue single entry non immigrant o. Ill drop by the immigration office and inquire to be sure though like you suggested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You would be applying for a extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai. You can apply for it during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from you non-o visa.

You need proof of a income of 40k baht or 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months.

To prove the 40k baht income you can use proof of income from your embassy or if you cannot get proof of income from your embassy proof of the 40k baht going into a Thai bank every month for 12 months. For the first extension of stay application you only need proof of it being transferred  for a couple of months or more.

After you get the extension of stay stamp in your passport you can apply for a single or multiple re-entry permit to keep you extension valid when you enter the country after a trip out.

Thanks again Ubonjoe for your input. You've helped me a lot in the past with other issues I had along with this. For the last couple of years, I've been having money (about 60,000 baht)deposited into my account back home but never transferred it into a Thai bank account and just used my card to use money here in Thailand. I came back to Thailand this year this past May 5th and my 90 day entry will be up this coming August 2nd, would you think it'll be too late to apply for an extension even if I deposited 40,000 baht in a Thai bank account starting from July? Sorry if what I'm asking you is not clear.

 

  Sorry also that I'm really clueless about the procedure I must do for changing my single entry to a multi entry at an immigration office here. 

Edited by joninisaan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, joninisaan said:

I came back to Thailand this year this past May 5th and my 90 day entry will be up this coming August 2nd, would you think it'll be too late to apply for an extension even if I deposited 40,000 baht in a Thai bank account starting from July? Sorry if what I'm asking you is not clear.

The rules state only one transfer is needed but the more you can do before applying the better.

Best to check with your local immigration office about it since some may want more.

You could also could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife if they wanted a couple more transfers and then apply for the one year extension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You would be applying for a extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai. You can apply for it during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from you non-o visa.
You need proof of a income of 40k baht or 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months.
To prove the 40k baht income you can use proof of income from your embassy or if you cannot get proof of income from your embassy proof of the 40k baht going into a Thai bank every month for 12 months. For the first extension of stay application you only need proof of it being transferred  for a couple of months or more.
After you get the extension of stay stamp in your passport you can apply for a single or multiple re-entry permit to keep you extension valid when you enter the country after a trip out.


The OP sounds just like me 5 years ago when I first started asking you similar questions. I’m glad the income verification procedures didn’t change until after I was living here for a while and I knew more about the immigration rules. If I were new to living in Thailand today and if I didn’t know the rules today I think I would probably find the immigration system very confusing if I were new to Thailand today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...